• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

EP3 Cookie's FK8 Tale of Woe - 4th gear lockout and popout

Thanks for sharing what sounds like an exceptionally poor customer experience. There does seem to be a marked difference in the way the dealership and Honda UK reacted to your issues. As above good luck with the new one.
  2. M

FK8 Track Pads

Thanks for that. Pads I have used in the past are Mintex, EBC red and yes DS2500 all on much lighter cars. I am going to try the RS29, they ok on standard discs or do I need to change them too car has done about 4k ? Thanks again.
  3. M

FK8 Track Pads

Thank you for your suggestion / help. Its not a pad I have any experience of but will give them a try. How do they compare to Project Mu pads if known ? How are they with OEM discs. Many Thanks
  4. M

FK8 Track Pads

Hi Just wondered if any of the folk that have upgraded their pads for track day use can share their opinions of the pads performance on the FK8 on the day. Thanks
  5. M

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

I got a letter from Honda saying they were free now and just to book in for it to be fitted. Which I did and it was in about 5 minutes.
  6. M

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

Sorry still loving it here.
  7. M

FK8 Dream Automotive

Thanks all, thats good to hear. TiMtImInYtImTiM if you don't mind me asking what they did for your brakes as that was where I was thinking of starting. Thanks
  8. M

FK8 Dream Automotive

Hi There Anyone with first hand experience of Dream, I have heard they are good but always like to hear from a happy customer. Thanks
  9. M

FK8 First TD in FK8 - any pointers?

Will have a look at them then. Thanks. I didn't know if they worked on a faster, heavier car. So its always good that you has used them on the car and at track days. I have AD08-R on my EK9 and am they are good on that. Edit to add the ITR post referred to old tyre AD08 and not the AD08R...
  10. M

FK8 Quality issues

Ha Ha I asked about this a couple of days ago and was told either book it in for the day to go to Kwik Fit.. I bought a new EP3 back in 2005 I think it was and any problems were dealt with promptly including a new steering rack and alloy corrosion. But hey that was then.
  11. M

Interesting about the Yokohama AD08R as over on the Dc2 Forum they didn't get a good write up from a regular track day, hill climber. But different cars obviously. Thanks all this is a really helpful thread to me.
  12. M

FK8 Quality issues

Thats poor, just had a closer look and the wheel nuts that have corroded are rough to the touch in the finish. that seems to be where mine corroding on the end and circumference of the nut. So its not going to wipe off for sure. I honestly think with obvious stuff like this Honda should just...
  13. M

FK8 Quality issues

After reading this thread thought I would have a look at the wheel nuts on the FK8 and they are corroded, disappointing considering the car is only 5 months old. As an aside I have owned a 98 Civic EK9 Type R since I imported it in 2007 and has sat outside for most of its 10 years, just...
  14. M

Wow thats quite some endorsement TiMtImInYtImTiM, I didn't think you would get that sort of mileage on any pad with those events. What tyres did you use ? Can you remember pressures for Spa. Is it hard on tyres. Dotty what wheel seal do you recumbent I used Poor Boys on the EK9 with mixed...
  15. M

Thank You, how are they for wear I would like to travel over and get back on the same set of pads. If possible how are they for dust ?
  16. M

I am off to Spa for a track day in May so looking for all the help I can get. I see Project Mu pads get a good write up but any others. Thanks
  17. M

FK8 Front towing eye for track days ?

Anyone seen anything on this ? Thanks
  18. M

Yeah or even just normal recovery. I think its not going to have an easy solution as its so far back. I have looked at some race version pictures and they have a strap coming out the vent on the from bumper but as they are fully caged I am guessing something is fabricated to attach a strap...
  19. M

Hi There Has anyone figured out how to get a tow strap to the front of the FK8 yet. Had a look yesterday and its a long way back right enough. Thanks Moray
  20. M

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I tend to agree with Chris as within a day of mine being away from slow speed braking the noise has completely gone so makes me think it is the pads glazing up. I have use copper slip on my EK9 but they made noise all the time until I did this, whereas the FK8 is fine around and about but...
  21. M

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I was watching the threads about the noisy front brakes thinking how lucky i was as mine are noise free, dunno how but they are. Then I take a trip up the motorway 3 days crawling in and around Edinburgh and the front brake squeal was terrible. Back down the motorway to the Cotswolds up and...
  22. M

FK8 FK8 winter wheels

What about these, snip I recon.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162714500368?ul_noapp=true
  23. M

FK8 FK8 Tyre Pressure, high ?

Thanks I didn't know what the tilde was or did to the numbers. Drove up to Edinburgh today 360 miles through some of the worst weather I have ever driven and car was amazing in rain, Including much standing water which up by Carlisle was like rivers across the M6. Thanks
  24. M

I dunno just thinking that must head up to 45 / 46 psi when hot. I have no experience of such low profile. So thought I would ask. Thanks
  25. M

Just checked my tyre pressure today and on checking door pressure label see its 41 p.s.i. or 2.8 BAR for 2 people Set them to that and seems just fine, but. Any ideas why its so high when cold ? Thanks Moray
  26. M

FK8 Frankfurt Motor Show Tourer

No I haven't tbh. I mentioned in another thread about trying different wheels, et, centre bore etc with sometimes poor results in the past so am really looking for a tried and tested wheel e.g. Loxy used Team Dynamics 1.2 with no apparent adverse results. Improved look so they are current...
  27. M

Just heard back from Oz racing about the wheels rims in this link are part of a specific and exclusive project. At the moment only Ultraleggera HLT are available for 2017 Honda Civic, but only in 20". Best Regards, - OZ Racing Team
  28. M

FK8 Front number plate black plastic mount removal ?

Dweezle thats what I thought, seems like an awfull lot of fixings for a number plate. But anyways. Anyone have a link to Honda parts diagram like this. https://www.crxsi.com/jdm/ek9-1004248/Upholstery-Trim-Bumper1.htm Thanks again
  29. M

Thanks for info, don't really fancy taking the bumper off tbh. Plan B then..
  30. M

Thanks Dweezle I will have a look tomorrow but I do have previous when it comes to car plastics though. Do you have any pictures of the FK2 one. Thanks
  31. M

Here it is with the Type R logo on it.
  32. M

Sorry they all come with them from the factory on UK cars. They actually put a rubber plug on it for transporting to the dealer.
  33. M

Sorry don't have a pic at the moment. Will try a better description, instead of the front number plate attaching straight onto the front bumper the bumper has a black plastic holder about the same width as the number plate which is attached to the bumper then the number plate is stuck to...
  34. M

Looks great to me. Love the wheels.
  35. M

Hi There Anyone know how the black plastic number plate mount is fixed to the front bumper. i got the number plate off and found the push fit clip in the middle of the mount, removed that but looks like there are clips at either end which I can't see how to access. so tried sliding to the...
  36. M

FK8 FK8 winter wheels

Loxy any difference worth mentioning by using the ET45 against the standard ET Thanks
  37. M

FK8 Wheels for track days

Thanks Dweezle I hadn't heard of them either. I am trying to get as near OEM spec as possible as on my old EK4, EP3 then EK9 back in the day I played about with offset and always found that it made the car a bit twitchy if I came down in offset too much. Plus weight as some aftermarket...
  38. M

Thanks Ed have never heard of them before, they do a forged wheel to i see. will email them regarding pcd, et, centre bore and weight. See what they have to say. Thanks
  39. M

Thanks for that. I had forgotten all about Rota. I had a couple of sets from Julian back in the day never had any problems. Team Dynamics worth a look. Will have a look at those. Any other Brands ? Thanks
  40. M

Hi There Can anyone recommend a descent set of 8.5 x 18" wheel for the FK8, with the right ET and centre bore for the FK8 ? Thanks
Back