• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Front number plate black plastic mount removal ?

Hi There

Anyone know how the black plastic number plate mount is fixed to the front bumper. i got the number plate off and found the push fit clip
in the middle of the mount, removed that but looks like there are clips at either end which I can't see how to access. so tried sliding to the side etc
but not budging.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Have you got any pics? I'm struggling to think of what you mean.

Have you got any pics? I'm struggling to think of what you mean.

Sorry don't have a pic at the moment. Will try a better description, instead of the front number plate attaching straight onto the front bumper
the bumper has a black plastic holder about the same width as the number plate which is attached to the bumper then the number plate is stuck
to that.

Must be an aftermarket mount someone's attached. Its probably been fitted with the bumper off. So I'd try removing it first. Think there's a thread somewhere on here.

Must be an aftermarket mount someone's attached. Its probably been fitted with the bumper off. So I'd try removing it first. Think there's a thread somewhere on here.

Sorry they all come with them from the factory on UK cars. They actually put a rubber plug on it for transporting to the dealer.

honda-geneva-097.jpg

Here it is with the Type R logo on it.

Thanks Dweezle I will have a look tomorrow but I do have previous when it comes to car plastics though. Do you have any pictures
of the FK2 one.

Thanks

Does seem a lot of effort from Honda just to hold a surround on.
From what i remember the FK2 had 2 protruding chunky squares (for lining up) and one of those things in the middle, bit of a wiggle and a tug it came away.

Remembered on the way to work, the FK2 bolts through the front (inside those squares)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right, FK2 bolts on at each end from the outside, with a clip in the middle.
FK8 bolts on from the inside with a clip in the middle. Unfortunately the bumper has to come off.

If I remove the plate holder to fit a 5 digit smaller number plate will there be holes in the bumper at each end of the smaller plate ? Or are the holes for original plate holder only in the middle and not at each end ?
thanks

You will need to remove the bumper to get rid of the plate holder, the holes are inline with the fixings, I suspect with a smaller plate the edges might be on show.

You will need to remove the bumper to get rid of the plate holder, the holes are inline with the fixings, I suspect with a smaller plate the edges might be on show.
Thanks for reply
I see this pic of an American 1 with 2 holes, do you know if the U.K. ones have the holes in the same place as this ? If so I think a 5 digit plate will still cover them C3DC3444-28D3-4F5E-842C-B39DCD616186.jpeg

Back