• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

SK-R hopefully I'll see you around ;) get it back on the road my man!
  2. D

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

So being that so many people took the time to give me such friendly tips and advice on this post I thought I'd fill everyone in on how things are going after a year of owning. The last couple of months I've developed a massive itch to start working on the car myself and although it's all been...
  3. D

The empty roads at 3am driving back from my bar job prove pretty damaging to my fuel consumption, dunno if using the Shell V Power makes a difference either seems to not last as long but oh well. It was actually £90 going in on the 7th day so I'd essentially used £60 in 7 so it was a slight...
  4. D

Looks beautiful mate. Can't wait until mine is a finished piece like that.
  5. D

Jimbo's 3rd Type R

This actually looks sick mate fair play. Good work.
  6. D

Yeah I'd researched which way round they were, problem is there are a few speed bumps round where I am....not so much dropping it for looks more the obvious handling benefits, but I have to admit from the threads I've seen in here the 30mm drop does look quite good...
  7. D

Absolutely, thanks for asking :) Putting 4 new tyres on it next weekend and then booking in for FRSU and springs. Just deciding between the Eibach pro or Eibach sport. Been driving a bit more economically of recent as I was spending about £90 a week on petrol with my half hour commute haha...
  8. D

You're absolutely right. The boy racer side of me was steering me all towards more noise and power but you've all made me realise it's definitely best to make sure the base is solid before I start building.
  9. D

Yeah you're totally right. Will start off with the two stated above. Just I've been working two jobs to splash the cash so it's hard to stay level headed but yeah ultimately you are all far more knowledgable and experienced so will definitely refer back but keep you all posted on what I do. Thanks
  10. D

No credit card involved I have the money myself, but yeah you're right sorry. Will start with those two.
  11. D

Okay so I've had a google, I want to pay for good ones so I've found a set of 4 Bilstein dampers for 350, bushes I can't seem to find too many can you recommend any? Also any reccomendations for dampers themselves? After having slept on it I am thinking improving handling and overall drive...
  12. D

Drove the long way home ;) thanks Nidge. And do it Steve take it for a spinnnnnn ;)
  13. D

How much did all of that set you back Nidge? Excluding the tires. If you don't mind me asking.
  14. D

Thought they would've tested my clutch when I paid for the full service, obviously not haha. Will phone TGM tomorrow.
  15. D

Haven't had any issues changing gears at high revs, occasionally 1-2 can be a bit tough but no problems any other time, but it is noticeably firm and the bite point is low.
  16. D

So I'm guessing that's just the work? Bolts and Arms are about £150 total are they not?
  17. D

Oh wow Mike sadly from what you've basically just told me, my clutch must be on its way out, because I am really quite surprised by how firm the clutch is ive been complaining about it to my mates I just assumed it's because it's a sport vehicle that it would be firm, the bite point is low...
  18. D

Is a full geo setup just another term for "FRSU"? What is tow?
  19. D

Yeah it's my friend that pushed me towards coilovers but I don't want the ride to be ridiculously stiff the roads aren't that great around where I live so it's all a bit bumpy as it is just with factory settings. Can you provide me with a couple of examples Hazz? I'm not hugely interested in...
  20. D

The only thing I know from your list is clutch, and if I'm honest with you this clutch is only the second I've ever tried myself for any prolong period of time and it seems as though it's working absolutely fine, the bite point is sooo much lower than what my golf was. The car was kept in an...
  21. D

I don't really find anything lacking in particular if I'm honest, I just want to make it as awesome as I can.
  22. D

Yeah it's my daily and I haven't ever been on a track I'm only buying the AD08R's based off the reccomendations from here. Will google the Pilots now. Any comments regarding anti roll bars?
  23. D

Jimbo I am buying 4 AD08R's on the 1st of August because my local tire dealer can't get them until then, with regards to exhaust for me personally there's only two options and that's OEM or the Legalis R, due to the fact they're both twin I don't want to put a single look exhaust on mine really...
  24. D

CTR Nick I'm not chasing the 300 don't you worry haha, just wanted a rough idea of how far my OEM exhaust will go. Yeah Chris the guys at TGM did specifically recommend the AEM.
  25. D

You know what I guess you're both right, why spend 200 for a placebo noise when I could spend 380 for actual performance and genuine noise. Will the tegiwa make it a bit noisier outside of Vtech range still? The thing is I've caught the bug of doing things myself.... de wipered my car, doing the...
  26. D

That sounds like really good advice Jimbo cheers, only problem is intakes and exhaust changes will affect my insurance quite significantly I'm sure, will get a proper quote done to see but for now I'm thinking I should wait until October when my two year "probation" period on my license is gone...
  27. D

Is this an unsilenced B pipe? Chris has already linked me one I'm just browsing further and I'm not sure if a mid pipe is a B pipe, I did try and google so apologies. https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/honda-civic-02-05-ep/honda-civic-ep3-20i-vtec-type-r-200hp-02--06/centre-pipe-v122.aspx#!/
  28. D

Steve do you have the tegiwa silicone intake pipe with yours? Is there threat of heat soak with the tegiwa?
  29. D

Lol steve you'll be pleased to hear since changing my gear knob I decided OEM steering wheel looks perfect in there now ;) sadly I'm left feeling super confused regarding what to do. Probably keep working this bar job and sell my car and see what the Honda pot is looking like come the end of the...
  30. D

By water shield are you referring to a "sock" as I keep reading about as a counter to water being sucked in? My only thoughts with that are surely it will take away some of the modifications ability to suck in air if there is some kind of sock/shield protecting it? I know to drive slowly through...
  31. D

So I was going to pay for Gruppe M but now I've been reading somewhere and a few YouTube videos it sounds a bit metallic and raspy, what I really want is a deeper tone more of a rumble. Sadly I've watched a few videos now with B pipe changes and nothing else and it does make the car sound a bit...
  32. D

1st central. I'll have to call them, gonna order the pipe on my lunch. Itching for a bit more noise. I like your answer though Hazz ;) haha.
  33. D

Definitely hear you with the placebo effect, what I'm more getting at is, is changing the midpipe something I need to declare to my insurance?
  34. D

I will stay OEM until I up power in a year or so, then I'll pay for the Fujitsubo Legalis R so I can keep twin aesthetics. Just checked can get it for 800. But yeah OEM should be more than enough for a year. Does changing the B pipe affect performance at all? Probably gonna order one today haha.
  35. D

So can I just buy an unsilenced B pipe and change nothing else and it will provide me with more noise?
  36. D

It is quite loud... can you think of a suggestion that would be one or two levels quieter?
  37. D

What are people's opinions on the Buddy club pro spec 3? Been watching some videos and it sounds ridiculous....
  38. D

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODk2WDY0MA==/z/NM0AAOSwXXxZPSTO/$_58.JPG Alcantara trimmed. Dunno if that image will load, if not here's the link. https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-part-accessories/alcantara-trimmed-honda-integra-type-r-dc5-civic-ep3-jdm-steering-wheel/1247786423 Just think it...
  39. D

Yeah if I'm honest I'm probably not quite pushing the car like you guys perhaps do. Think I need to sit down and do some proper research. Realistically I should probably just stick to cosmetics for a while it has only been a week I've owned it. That being said I can't deny the temptation is real...
  40. D

When I did some research earlier about CAI's I read about some of them resulting in slight loss of power, and also potential damage if there wasn't a facility for the extra air to be expelled? I've found links to an AEM CAI Chris but I can't find an unsilenced M Tec B pipe anywhere? Can anyone...
  41. D

That's a pretty sensible reply, can I change the intake without changing the exhaust or is it kind of if you do one you do the other? Yeah I'm still driving it how I'd drive my golf maybe just the bits I know there's big straights I've been pushing it....not really tested cornering at speed got...
  42. D

Problem is for me, and I don't want to offend anyone on here but I really just like the twin exhaust look, I don't like how seemingly all the exhausts are just one big one. After googling though I'm guessing the OEM one is twin it's just super expensive? One of the mechs at TGM was explaining...
  43. D

Could you name me a good cat back? Will the tegiwa make it a bit noisier? I'm already looking at exhausts so a reliable couple names would be appreciated. the AD08Rs are good for just standard roads yeah? Cheers man I appreciate that. Just sat waiting while they put all the original type r...
  44. D

Ep3steve, she's missing one side Type at sticker, front and rear Type r badges, all on order for beginning of next week. Also driving to Honda tommorow to pickup a touchup kit to do some work on a couple scratches, also ordered some alloy caps as these aren't showing the red on the H...
  45. D

Cheers mate. I'm willing to pay for the best, obviously I don't need track tyres though, only drive local roads but cheers this page is going to be a great reference for me.
  46. D

Hello all. The car is absolutely fantastic, I can't thank you all enough for your tips. These will be my last two questions and I'm sorry that I'm such a rookie. 1. Pretty soon it will need all tyres replacing, I have managed to find this reference online I was wondering what all of your...
  47. D

Picking her up tommorow, TGM are squeezing me in for a full service the next day! Have taken everything that's been said on board thankyou all!
  48. D

Just thought I'd fill all you legends in, patience is not my strong point and I can't wait until Saturday any longer, going to get her tomorrow!! So if anyone checked the MOT history she hasn't been driven much and TGM have a week waiting list for a full service at the moment. Any tips on what...
  49. D

I can assure you I won't. She's my baaaaby. Full TGM service incoming.
  50. D

Thankyou Steve. And a thankyou to everyone else that has posted on here.
  51. D

Was going to wait until I collect it Saturday to post here but seeming as you're such a legend and you've asked, Think it's been the steal of the century.... no problems mechanically seemingly after my dad test driving it. Few cosmetic issues which I've had quoted up for repair. £3500 final...
  52. D

I got in touch with my local Honda garage to price up the missing wheel nut and the two missing type R badges (they're essential to me) and the rep said that the car had good service history, asked for the reg and checked says it was good history. I'm excited to say the least, my mum will kick...
  53. D

What mods don't bump up insurance too much? Pretty sure I'm gonna buy this tommorow.
  54. D

Cheers hazz. These cars are so so powerful I won't be modding mine at all for at least a year or two.
  55. D

Has at least filled SOME of the void.and he has one paper copy of a service from this year or last he can't remember. Should I feel more relieved now?
  56. D

He has just sent me this. Regarding the non Piston head honda. do you all think it seems legit. 1:47 PM (14 minutes ago) to me Sent from my iPhone Begin forwarded message: From: HONDA UK Info <[email protected]> Date: 6 April 2017 at 09:57:20 GMT To: Subject: CAS-442369:Honda...
  57. D

Problem is the pistonheads one has been modified...... I am meeting with someone from this forum tommorow who owns a Ep3 Vtec he's gonna show my dad what to look for and how to check the Vtec is good etc when we test drive it tommorow so fingers crossed. I know a few things tocheck for. The...
  58. D

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/premier-edition-honda-civic-mk6-type-r------------------2005/7310229#/description This has much more mileage but do you think it's a better option? I'm so sorry that I'm such a noob regarding all of this but it's literally...
  59. D

So the vibes I am getting are that even though that MOT history is perfect, the lack of service history is MAJOR? He has ONE service history which was the last one he had done, I am going to pay for a full Honda service once I buy anyway so surely that will ensure good oil etc is put through it...
  60. D

But there isn't anything wrong with the engine? He hasn't said there's anything wrong with the Vtech what I'm saying is he hasn't pushed it into Vtec ranges for a good long time because he lives in London so he doesn't get the chance to push the car. My question is being that the car has...
  61. D

Hazz why would you avoid? It seems like an impeccable example to me?
  62. D

If the Vtech doesn't work is it something that's fixable?
  63. D

And my last question when you check it's MOT history he has done so so few miles each year, and city style driving so the Vtech won't have been used much I doubt, should this concern me? What do I need to do to test that the Vtech is strong and healthy? He said he'd driven it had been a while...
  64. D

So would you say this is something that should stop me viewing it? It's quite far to go. The MOT history is stellar.
  65. D

So the only catch is this.... this was his response regarding history. He's owned it since it was 4 months old. Full history but there is a small catch which can be frustrating. I lost I few things when moving around. So when I decided to sell I got a new service book which only has last...
  66. D

https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda/honda-civic-20-i-vtec-type-r-hatchback-3dr-12-months-mot-low-mileage-excellent-condition/1229400155 I'm in touch with this guy. Seems quite legit to me.
  67. D

You're totally right Ep3steve I am just being impatient, after experiencing one I am now decided I want to buy one and keep it forever or until family commitments come knocking which I'm absolutely Years from anyway. I am browsing daily at the moment as the MOT on the V5 runs out in August so...
  68. D

Ok Mike I'll bear that in mind. If all the work that's been done on this one wasnshown with proof and I got the price down to say 2500 would you all still say it's a definite no? Being that 2500 would leave me room to spend 500 repairing it? I can't let it go for some reason :( I'm clearly just...
  69. D

If I'm honest with you all I think purely because of the money I'm spending and I plan on keeping it forever I only want post face-lift. I ideally want a 5 plate, I really want one under 100k aswell I've seen a few between 100-110 how much should I really worry about that? Ep3steve ideally one...
  70. D

Jimbo I am based in the South East, Surrey area. I'd say it's around the 3.5-4 mark. You are all right it does seem far too good to be true doesn't it. They aren't even replying currently so I'm sure something is fishy. I can't even thank you all enough as long as you all don't mind I may keep...
  71. D

Why did you buy a second if you don't mind me asking?
  72. D

Will find out today my friend. Checked its MOT history seems relatively sound..... will check thoroughly.
  73. D

So after Stardus showing me what type Rs can do tonight I am fully sold. Gonna go and view this one tommorow, seems too good to be true to me right now. https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda/honda-civic-2.0i-vtec-type-r-ep3-197-bhp-premier-final-edition/1245915753 MOT history looks okay
  74. D

This is what he said to me before I mentioned the MOT check and oil advisory ""the engine got swapped over when the mileage on the odometer read 89k, with a 50k engine, so the new engine was serviced when it was first put in, and i serviced it a couple months back, no problems with it at all so...
  75. D

I am so so grateful to everyone that has taken the time/ takes the time to post here. Funnily enough I'm about to experience being in one for the first time ever thanks to Stardus! Taking me for a spin. This forum has proved to be absolutely epic! I'm sad that the advice is generally no in...
  76. D

He has paid for a legitimate handbrake he showed me the receipt for a painful 123 pounds. I know so little about cars but according to the answer he gave me the leak is minor and apparently according to him all Ep3s leak oil slightly..... I am just so in love with the colour of this example and...
  77. D

Ep3steve are you saying the Honda I posted just failed it's MOT for an oil leak? Did you go out of your way to check for me?!
  78. D

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705275870109?model=CIVIC&make=HONDA&sort=sponsored&keywords=Type%20r%20&postcode=gu169bh&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&price-from=2500&radius=55&price-to=3500&page=1 I've been in contact...
  79. D

Dude I did send a private message not sure if you've seen it, but your offer would actually be exactly what I need. I'm more than happy to chuck you a fiver for the petrol you'd use to show me how they run. And I'd be more than happy/ almost suggest you having a go in the V5 it's epic. If you'd...
  80. D

Wow I can't believe the tyres are that much..... just to give me a rough idea I know it'll change based on my mileage but I do under 10k a year would you say that a 4 tyre change would be annual or more like 6 months? I'm assuming brakes should last somewhat longer than a year? Sorry I literally...
  81. D

Ep3steve thankyou so much for the time you've taken to answer all my questions I can't thank you enough, me personally I would like to keep the modifications to a limit due to the fact I'm sure the more the car is modded the higher my insurance will be haha. Ninja your point is intwresting...
  82. D

Wow this forum really is incredible I can't believe the rate at which I'm getting responses! Jo5h I am based in camberley which is about 15 minutes from Guildford, Surrey. Anyone that is from around that area that can help me in anyway I will be eternally grateful and willing to let you take the...
  83. D

Wow I'm really surprised by how quickly I'm getting replies, Mike I get what you're saying sadly I really don't know what noise it is im hearing I believe it to be the exhaust but the V5 truly turns heads even when ticking over at lights the rumble is quite exceptional the more I think about it...
  84. D

Dude thankyou so much for your fast response! In regards to an exhaust as you can imagine the V5 golf possesses quite a deep rumble which I can't deny that I love and this is without any modifications. What type of exhausts should I look at to not sound like the ridiculous ones that some boy...
  85. D

So as the title says, I unfortunately know very very little about cars and how they operate and what all the modifications I read on here do etc. Basically I have spent 2 years driving a 1.4 vw golf, I have always told myself I would stay Jap or German. My friend bought a new car recently and...
Back