• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. A

Lumpy/hesitation/bogging down below 2000rpm

my ep3 has been suffering from a steadily worsening problem when gently accelerating at low rpm, particularly noticeable in lower gears and slow speed. It's become very bad when cold, but I think there is still some signs of it when warm too. As accelerating from low rpm, it hits a flat spot...
  2. A

Stubborn Crankshaft pulley bolt

I'm in the process of doing my timing chain. I cannot shift this damn crank pulley bolt. Does anyone have any ideas? I've seen some videos on youtube where people use the starter motor and a breaker bar wedged in place. I have got the special tool and i've tried with about 2.5m of leverage and...
  3. A

Timing chain guides?

I'm gonna change the timing chain and tensioner on my ep3. Do people recommend doing the guides too? They're so expensive! What should I look for in terms of wear?
  4. A

front engine mount - ep3

I noticed the front engine mount was knackered last time i was under the car. What do people recommend? I've seen people filling them with tiger seal, inserts. Can I repair this by filling it with sealant or do I need to get a new mount?
  5. A

Service manual - torque specs

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a service manual for ep3 or just the k20a engine? is there a pdf I can download? Alternatively can someone tell me the torque specs for the following? Windage tray Sump Pan Vtec solenoid mounts
  6. A

Ep3 pulling away bogs down and cuts out

I’ve had my EP3 facelift type R for about a week now and I’ve noticed some strange behaviour a couple of times now. What’s happened is when I go to pull away immediately after starting the engine, it kinda bogs down and cuts out. This has only happened a couple of times, both time with a...
  7. A

Potential Vtec solenoid problem?

So I recently bought my first Type R (and first vtec for that matter). I test drove a few and always felt the vtec kicking in was very noticeable. In mine however, i often don't notice a significant step in power. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. So i just want to know if there are common...
Back