• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MickyP91

EP3 Rust! Anybody no? Rust

Rear arches primed and sitting in on stands over night whilst it sets, good few coats of black on tomorrow and some lacquer on and she will be rust free :) Will last 5 seconds, start to get tin rot by October i will give up and just wrap it in some daft colour
  2. MickyP91

Sorry for the lack of updated had a fair bit on at work. Progress update - the rust on the rear 3/4 drivers side panel has been sorted sanded it right back down used a rust inhibiting primer and panted it back up, it looks OK but not the best passes the 5 ft test The underside has been...
  3. MickyP91

Not sure if this image has worked but this is the rust on the rear 3/4 near the drivers door, spent my Easter Sunday hiding from the family :)
  4. MickyP91

The car was first from Scotland which i'm gonna guess is what has killed it from the get go, add to that and the amount of damage the cars taken over the years along with p**s poor repairs just hasn't helped it at all. Once owned a volvo that came from scotland the underside was shot to pieces...
  5. MickyP91

If that's the case it might be worth looking into. This summer is make or break for the civic i'm going to track it as much as i can and see how i feel come the end of august all being well i am going to sink some money into it making the structure and under body able to last a good few more...
  6. MickyP91

I was tempted to have a go at that on mine but in the area on the rear 3/4 on the drivers side at the door shut line mines just started going mad and that's not an area i fancy attacking with a grinder and respraying when that panel shows signs of previous welding and spraying as it is, combined...
  7. MickyP91

Nope! Just more curious as to the state of other peoples, to be fair mines hardly a good example its been trashed by the previous million owners just noticed over the past few months its really degraded fast. Shame really the engine and gearbox are brilliant
  8. MickyP91

2004/54 done 111k
  9. MickyP91

Just noticed the rust on my EP3 erupting up the rear 3/4, up underneath the bonnet, inside the tailgate and rear arches on the CTR. As for the underside that's best not spoken about. It seems to of exploded recently and really taken hold of the car. The cars kept inside and clean and doesn't...
  10. MickyP91

EP3 Brake Setups

Found the kit on freaky parts thanks Mebz, those look like the ones to go for money and use wise but there are a set of "racing honda" ones and the renault ones but they both look the same. Also says i'd need spacers to go over the standard alloys Norv did you have to put those on when you...
  11. MickyP91

EP3 Brake Setups

I've clocked a few Renault brembo's around and budget wise they are the best but unsure of the quality on a civic and i've never known anyone fit them. Either way i'm now saving for new calipers just running it as is for now they work on the road .. just
  12. MickyP91

EP3 Brake Setups

Found a second hand set of BBK calipers on facebook for 650 but looked like they had seen much better days, Sat watching a few former track ones being broken for parts seem to range between 550-950 Scrap that sorry they were "D2" who ever they are :S
  13. MickyP91

EP3 Brake Setups

I noticed after the track day the brake dust stuck to the alloys was pretty excessive more so than the last set i used on the first day prior to swapping over to the PBS ones. I was hoping to either have the discs skimmed or swap the pads over and try improve my driving this is my first track...
  14. MickyP91

EP3 Brake Setups

Happy new year everyone! I'm seeking a bit of advise from other CTR owners, My track wh**e seems to be going through discs and pads like a bad habit. Now I know a good amount of that will be my driving style and that going in nards deep chasing something I should leave well alone whilst...
  15. MickyP91

EP3 Flywheel Issues and advice

Evening guys and girls, after some advise on which flywheel to fit to my shed. Just had a brand new oem exeedy clutch kit fitted and now the car judders on take off pretty confident its the flywheel as it only occurs once the cars been stopping and starting a few times. So in the long and...
  16. MickyP91

EP3 Bouncing Speedo

Lil update, sprayed the connectors on top of the VSS and checked the wiring and its fixed its self apart from a flicker on start up :S Not sure whats gone on there but a cheap fix!
  17. MickyP91

EP3 Bouncing Speedo

Brilliant thanks i'll pull it apart asap and have a nose
  18. MickyP91

EP3 Bouncing Speedo

That's what i feared, is this something i can check myself? or does it need to go up on a lift
  19. MickyP91

EP3 Bouncing Speedo

Afternoon folks, Just had a brand new clutch and service done on my EP3 amongst some other work but now the speedo pin bounces around :s When it was last at the garage this week to have the air con sorted the battery was disconnected. The tech said he noticed the needle was bouncing...
  20. MickyP91

EP3 Absolute bargain!

Christ never knew these went for that much feel bad for shaving the corner of the scoop on mine now for better bonnet clearance
  21. MickyP91

EP3 New owner with teething issues

124 Quid including parts, place called Vtec Direct in Winsford cheshire great guys defiantly going back to them!
  22. MickyP91

Thanks Mike h, it was the pulley seal that's now been replaced along with the aux belt and now no more leak!
  23. MickyP91

Could bloody kiss you! ha ha thanks Mike, will get it looked at professionally soon and let you know Regards
  24. MickyP91

Thanks Mike, does that pulley have a seal around it then that could be the cause of the leak? potentially that is Its going in to a garage for this besides the aux belt is pretty well worn so might as well change that at the same time, not ideal its just had a full exhaust inc manifold and now...
  25. MickyP91

https://imgur.com/nNnNp4O Try that one, that was taken after all the oil was cleaned of the arm and sump etc and the car just started it was running for about 2 seconds before that started to run down from behind the pulley. Since the car was parked over night its not spotted so must only be...
  26. MickyP91

That sounds like a pig to sort! I've got an image of it but its not letting me upload, not that it shows much just a dribble of oil coming down from what looks like the back of the bottom pulley running across the sump. I'll do some digging into the crank shaft oil seal! Thanks
  27. MickyP91

Hello all, new here so please bear with a Honda noob. On my second EP3 now and still know very little but my current one has a few .. teething issues. Chief among which is an oil leak from what appears to be behind the pulley on the very bottom by the sump/the sump seal in this area. It...
Back