• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

Ep3 Burning smell

Genuine Honda
  2. R

Ep3 Burning smell

It was a OEM clutch kit that was used
  3. R

Ep3 Burning smell

No. I got over 70k miles on the original clutch with my driving style, so surprised I’m getting a potential clutch issue this early
  4. R

Ep3 Burning smell

Hi guys, After a bit of advice please... I’m getting a burning smell (clutch like) when the car is driven a bit hard but no smell whatsoever during my daily commute through town, which is very stop start. The thing is apart from the smell, I get no other symptoms, like difficulty to change...
  5. R

Is my Ep3 dead? Help needed

Thanks for the replies all. Turned out to be a the idler pulley. Bearings literally obliterated, which must have been the sound I was hearing. The burning smell was the friction of the aux belt going round on the seized pulley. New pulley and belt, back on the road! Thanks again!
  6. R

forgot to mention that bit. It doesn’t start!
  7. R

Thanks for the advice. You don’t think it’s the timing chain then?
  8. R

Hi Guys, just need some advice please… This last week I’ve noticed a whining / grinding noise coming from the aux area. Looking at some of the post and YouTube videos it appears the likely culprit is the idler pulley. I’ve order this and a PCV value too. It gets worse… On my way to work...
  9. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Silly question, but does the breather pipe pass oil through it? Good shout, I’ll give everything a good clean and report back. As long as the oil level is fine, am I safe to carrying on using the car for the next couple of weeks before I can find the fault or take to a garage?
  10. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Thanks mate
  11. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

There a oil marks on the drive. I might still put some card down to check the amount its losing. In regards to the oil, I supply my own for each service and have always used Titan Race Pro S 5 / 40
  12. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Here you go mate.
  13. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

I’ll try and give everything a good clean and then try and find where the source is. Failing that I will take it to a garage to find the source. My service is during next month so I’m due a new filter and oil change... Any idea what the black pipe is next to the oil filter? Seems pretty...
  14. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Hi, I have an oil leak on my EP3. I was just wondering from the photos below if anyone knew the possible culprit? Just another question, is it possible to cross-thread an oil filter? The reason I ask is after my last service I noticed straight away I had an oil leak. I took the car back to the...
  15. R

EP3 Ep3 Odometer and Rev counter bulbs

Looks good. Thanks mate, I’ll get them ordered
  16. R

Thanks for the swift reply. Are you sure about these bulbs as I read somewhere that they need to the “T” prefix on the end of the numerical code?
  17. R

Hi guys, Can anyone send me a link for the odometer and rev counter bulbs for the ep3 please? I believe they should be: Lucas LLB286T 12v 1.2w PCB Bulbs (or equivalent) but I can find them and none of my local carpart companies stock them. Currently my speedo and rev counter is partly...
  18. R

EP3 Do I need a new clutch?

I would love a new car more haha, I need to keep it another 2 years though. My wife has a brand new civic sport 1.5 litre. It’s actually quite a decent car and goes well.
  19. R

Makes sense. I might ask them what the cost of labour only for the clutch also. I’ve been quoted £69 fitted for the drop links (if required) and they will also fit my polybush arb bushes for free. I’m also having the valve clearances done too. Bloody car is costing me more money each year.
  20. R

The place you recommended, performance autoworks. Was quoted £473 initially but then told the guy who gave me me the quote forgot to add the vat on.
  21. R

Booked in now. I did receive a call back regarding my quote and they forgot to add the vat on for now it’s £567! Still cheaper than Hondas quote of £685 I guess...
  22. R

Think this will be best actually. I will call them tomorrow, thanks Norv
  23. R

Noob question but is that the small reservoir to the right of the brake fluid one, if so it’s on the max level but pretty dark? I got a quote from the garage you recommended and I’m happy with the price but want to make sure it is the clutch before I book it in.
  24. R

Just drove home and noticed the clutch pedal doesn’t feel smooth in travel also. Playing around in neutral It feels quite rough on release and is slightly heavier than before. Can we confirm this is 100% a clutch issue?
  25. R

Thanks for that.
  26. R

Hi mate, I might have a blast in Vtec on the way home to check as since I’ve noticed the issue I’ve been very careful. Gearbox fluid (MTF3) was changed in January, probably sooner than required but I wanted it done anyway. I haven’t noticed any rattles but I will have a listen on the way home...
  27. R

Hi Guys, So my 2004 ep3 has just hit 105k and I’m experiencing some changes. The clutch is now biting a little lower and the gearbox feels quite notchy, not terrible where I can’t change gear though. I assuming this is down to clutch, thus will need replacing soon? The car still pulls (not...
  28. R

EP3 Head light adjustment for Europe.

Thanks, all sorted
  29. R

EP3 Headlights

Cheers mike, that helps :)
  30. R

EP3 Headlights

Hi, Does the civic have “standard headlights “ or “projector + xenon headlights”? It’s listed on the eurolites manual and I’m assminimg the 2004 CTR has “standard lights” ??? Cheers
  31. R

Quick question. Does the civic have “standard headlights “ or “projector + xenon headlights”? It’s listed on the eurolites manual and I’m assminimg the 2004 CTR has “standard lights” ??? Cheers
  32. R

Thanks mate, going to give this a try
  33. R

Hi, I’m currently reading through the instructions for Eurolites headlight defectors and I’m not confident I will be installing in the exact location. Have got guys used them before? If so, I don’t suppose you have any photos fitted do you lol Car is an face lift ep3 - 2004 Thanks
  34. R

EP3 Ferry crossing. How to disable car alarm?

Thanks mate, I’ll leave it then
  35. R

EP3 Ferry crossing. How to disable car alarm?

Hi, Brittany ferris expect car owners to turn their car alarms off during the crossing. Can this be done on an EP3? If so, how please? Thanks
  36. R

EP3 Misfire when wet - Help needed please.

I hosed the exhaust with water and couldn’t replicate the fault. I’m not ruling it out but I’ll monitor the Honda “fix” and throw the car back to them if it does it again, although they are confident it was the coil packs. I will also get the exhaust checked by the company I got it from too as I...
  37. R

Collected the car yesterday and below is the “work carried out” Carried out diagnostic checks for misfire. No codes logged. Checked plugs and coil plugs are new and correct ones for the car. Carried out road test - all ok. Carried out extended road test with hds connected. Misfire counts...
  38. R

My car knowledge isn’t the best but I haven’t got the time to be playing around testing so hopefully this will cure it. If it doesn’t I guess I got something on Honda if they haven’t fixed the issue I went in for....
  39. R

Ripping me off and 10 minutes of labour. It’s easier for them to do it before I go to France and if it isn’t the issue I can go back to them. I nearly fell over when she told me the cost!
  40. R

Apparently they hooked it up to the diagnostic and ran for 30 minutes, no faults. Took the car out for a good run on the motorway and on return hooked it up again and started spraying with water to replicate the Ingress of water. Once this was done codes started flagging up and Honda confirmed...
  41. R

Update from Honda: Misfire found on all cylinders due to coil packs. £560 :eek:
  42. R

Going down that route, how about the maf air flow sensor? Could that go haywire in heavy rain if faulty?
  43. R

Standard Air box and an ITG drop in pro filter. I have recently cleaned and oilled it but it didn’t make any difference. I have bought a genuine Honda filter and told Honda it’s in the boot if they want to fit it. Could it be as simple as the filter? It has been on the car for years, so...
  44. R

Quick update... I got home from work and thoroughly hosed the exhaust from the top of the mid pipe down with the engine running. No misfire / popping etc! I thought this would of worked considering it only happens in the very wet. I have now left the car with the Honda dealer, so fingers...
  45. R

Thanks, I’ll mention that to Honda so they can check...
  46. R

Thanks. This could be another option if Honda can’t find anything.
  47. R

It like a misfire rather than a rattle but I might see if I can replicate the fault by getting the engine up to temp and spraying the exhaust before I drop the car off tonight. If it is the exhaust I might have go back to OEM....
  48. R

Thanks for this! Do you think I should still let Honda inspect the car or go back to the exhaust company? I had the exhaust custom made as close to OEM spec as possible and it also comes with a lifetime warranty?
  49. R

I had it changed from the original OEM exhaust to a custom stainless steel made to OEM spec last year as it was corroded. Maybe around the same time the misfire started! I’ve had stainless exhausts before on 2 previous car and never had the misfire before? Can you explain more about this...
  50. R

Thanks for the swift reply Mike. I’ll pass this on them tonight. Sounds like it could take a while to find the culprit :eek:
  51. R

Hi Guys, My 2004 EP3 has developed a fault where in heavy rain the car starts to misfire badly. In dry weather I have no issues at all. The issue started around November last year when it felt like a had a blow out on the rear driver side tyre but soon realised it was a misfire. Lucky I...
Back