• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Rubymurray

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Everyone seems to say that yeah, that is what is on my OH’s Focus ST. My Dad was saying to me that you can look up these grip ratings that each tyre has, anyone done that? I’m going to go have a look now at that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Rubymurray

FK2 Mysterious falling bolt

This nut holding this on is it! That must be it! Will look in the morning! thank you! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Rubymurray

Man as in boyfriend not a butler! Just thinking though, he got a dashcam for me and got it fitted for my birthday, so maybe the guy that did that had that bit out and didn’t tighten it back up again? Will have a look in the daylight again. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Rubymurray

What’s the best thing to get then? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Rubymurray

Oh yeah I’ve already had to replace the sodding things for wearing out after like 4K miles Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Rubymurray

Are the conti's bad in the rain then? I don't think I've noticed that, but then I'm trying to think when I've driven it in the wet since I've had it.....:smt017
  7. Rubymurray

Is that under the steering column/in the top of the footwell bit on the drivers side then? I have a man so I might get him to look at it :lol:
  8. Rubymurray

Drivers side, there is just one (putting two photos up is misleading i'll admit) and if you look underneath at all the steering and brake stuff under the steering column there are quite a few bolts. Couldn't see an obvious spot where one was missing though.
  9. Rubymurray

This is good. Better than some kind of fastener for steering or break linkage. I did check those as best I could. I don't really know what I'm looking at though. More than most girls but still.
  10. Rubymurray

It's gotta affect the performance though right, make it slower and handle differently? I've kerbed all my wheels (kerb rash if anything) but I'd rather that than change anything about how it drives.
  11. Rubymurray

Good afternoon, Sooo yesterday driving to work this was found rolling around in my footwell So I'm kinda assuming it came from somewhere in the car. I had a look around the pedals etc and right underneath, but I couldn't see any obvious missing bolt holes, but to be honest it is hard...
  12. Rubymurray

tough decision fk2 or FK8

I was completely the opposite, I hate the front of the FK8 with a fiery passion!
  13. Rubymurray

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

What’s those numbers and letters mean when you say trackday rubber? Total noob here! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. Rubymurray

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

I imagine I will murder the tyres as they are conti sport contact 6's. But they gotta wear out some time eh? I assume they have a tyre changing person on site at these things, for a fee? Don't want to get down to the thread and be unable to get home. Any good insurance places? Generally been...
  15. Rubymurray

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

I'm totally new to all this stuff. It would be really helpful to get some pointers on what I should change on my car to stop screwing it up on a track day (like brakes), where to get reasonable insurance and what to expect (like having to buy a new set of tyres). I've only driven on a track once...
  16. Rubymurray

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Sounds good to me. I would like to do it but was put off by the silly money. Sounds like I need a spare set of wheels with different tyres on them and a grands worth of brakes though still. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. Rubymurray

FK2 Locking wheel nut/damaged wheels!!!!

Neither would I, car came like that :( Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. Rubymurray

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Oh okay, I better go have a look at that! I bet they are wrong. They ordered different ones that didn’t fit 3 times before. I’ll just take them and get my money back and order my own. At least the wheels have 4 other flipping bolts. Track days I’ve looked at but it’s an expensive hobby, over...
  19. Rubymurray

FK2 Oil Temp Range

On my FK2 it has the temp range on the dial I just noticed? I assume that’s what the numbers are anyway? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Rubymurray

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

No idea what these did as not sure if they were replaced or rotated on 4K miles ago. They went quite worn out but a bolt in one of them, and a chunk out of another (potholes) was a bit of an issue. Currently sat in the tyre place waiting cos they ordered the wrong ****ing size locking wheel...
  21. Rubymurray

Wheel paint and nut size (lol)

FIL who is a two minute walk away has a trolley jack, it was more a portable jobby I was after in case I get stuck. Mind you with no spare that’s going to be no use either! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  22. Rubymurray

I phoned, the say have to take it there and it’s miles away. The tyre place say they will sort it out for free as they rounded off the locking wheel nut themselves. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  23. Rubymurray

Just experienced the over tightened nuts part of this. Hopefully they don’t damage them getting them off. The dealer I bought it off where the last to replace the tyres on it so I’ll phone them tomorrow but my boyfriend says I am wasting my breath. The tyre place I am getting the new tyres from...
  24. Rubymurray

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Nice - that’s nearly to the moon! I had a 1989 Sierra years ago that did that many, maybe more I can’t remember, would’ve more if I hadn’t have binned it on a muddy corner :( Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  25. Rubymurray

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I’ll call them in the morning to see if they don’t mind changing Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  26. Rubymurray

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Even though I’ve still got contis on the back? I think the garage has ordered the contis now [emoji20] Why the Pilot sport 4s over the contis? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  27. Rubymurray

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

2016 - 22000. I don’t do many (maybe 50 a week) so it won’t go up from there quickly Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  28. Rubymurray

tough decision fk2 or FK8

You’ve probably bought one now, but I had this exact decision to make. I would have got a new FK2 if they hadn’t have stopped making them, they did before my company car lease was up sadly. I thought the FK8 was okay looking in the pictures but then I saw one in the flesh one day in London...
  29. Rubymurray

Parting with my modified FN2 for a FK2

I paid 23500 for mine for the same year in mint condition, with 555. Also blue - GT. When I looked at the time prices where really variable and didn’t seem to have any consistency with mileage or condition. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  30. Rubymurray

Parting with my modified FN2 for a FK2

I was really lucky as the first one I looked at was pretty much showroom condition, apart from a McDonalds straw I found under the back seat. They are out there! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  31. Rubymurray

Wheel paint and nut size (lol)

Had a bit of an ooops with my FK2’s wheel and a kerb when parking, any recommended good touch up paint? Also what are the wheel nut sizes, I don’t have a socket big enough so would like to buy one. It didn’t come with a jack or wheel brace! (I don’t want to take it off to paint it, I also have...
  32. Rubymurray

FK2 Wheel corrosion

Yeah mine are doing this too. Blah. Gonna get a touch up pen for the kerb I get so it doesn’t look terrible and then get them refurbed when my bank balance has recovered from the surprise double tyre purchase today (puncture). Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  33. Rubymurray

FK2 Oil Temp Range

I’m fairly sure it will have a good “bong” and display warnings if it gets too hot. It shouldn’t really unless there is something wrong with it. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  34. Rubymurray

FK2 Random bonging noise

You’ve bought a Honda. Welcome to a world of random bonging. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  35. Rubymurray

FK2 Running Rich- Any Advice?

I’d get that looked at, should be still under warranty? Might just be a leaky air pipe somewhere. Before it screws up your catalytic converter. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  36. Rubymurray

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

:( Getting two new fronts as the other side has some interesting side wall damage and I don’t want it to go pop. I’ve asked the tyre place to get Continental Sport Contact 6’s in as that is what is on it, do they wear our quickly or something? I don’t do a lot of miles so might not be too...
  37. Rubymurray

finding a decent EP3

Forum member McR has a cosmic grey one for sale. No idea what sort of nick it is in but he mentioned it a few days ago on the FK2 board Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  38. Rubymurray

FK2 Wheel corrosion

That’s really poor. I’ll look at mine tomorrow. Given I’ve scuffed them anyway I’ll probabky get them totally redone. Then probably re-kerb them the next day.
  39. Rubymurray

I didn’t even know this was a thing? Well I came here to learn. Does yours need new brakes already then? Crikey. Good job I love the thing. Driving carefully well boring. It’s sad when it’s not worth having the R+ on like when you’re in traffic.
  40. Rubymurray

FK2 Wheel corrosion

Even if it is like nowhere near the corrosion?
  41. Rubymurray

FK2 Wheel corrosion

I think mine are doing that, but I’ve scuffed them on a kerb too. Only a bit. Hoping they won’t try and wiggle out of it for that.
  42. Rubymurray

FK2 FK2: Interior & Exterior Lighting Mods :D

I’ve been changing the bulbs to LED where I can. Has anyone managed to run a light to the glove box. I thought it was a bit crappy it doesn’t have one in there.
Back