• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

They are awful at getting the power down in the cold/wet...not that any Summer tyre is going to be particularly good in that scenario but the CSC6 are dire in that department on the FK2 :lol:

Regards,Mark.

What’s the best thing to get then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone ever had a go Carbon Skinning parts? I got a full carbon civic rear badge but want the rear Type R badge in carbon, more specifically just the “Type” part of the badge, so there’s continuity, I’ve got hold of a skinning kit and am just going to get a cheap badge that’s as close to the genuine as possible so I’m not shelling out £40+ for the FK specific direct from Honda only to scratch it up and potentially fail at skinning it, any tips would be appreciated if someone does have experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S :smt023

Regards,Mark.

Everyone seems to say that yeah, that is what is on my OH’s Focus ST. My Dad was saying to me that you can look up these grip ratings that each tyre has, anyone done that? I’m going to go have a look now at that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thoughts on the ps4s's vs csc6 in terms of sharpness and accuracy? i've heard the ps4s's are a touch soft for what they should be

thoughts on the ps4s's vs csc6 in terms of sharpness and accuracy? i've heard the ps4s's are a touch soft for what they should be

csc6 in the dry are deffo sharper / feel more accurate. but the ps4s is a much better all rounder and last twice as long.

^^^^^^ This ;)

Steering feels lighter too...haven't really had much chance to give them a thorough test yet...just have them on the fronts of mine :)

Still running the original CSC6 on the rear after 12k...they fair pretty well on the undriven wheels :lol:

Friend of mine bought a full set of PS4S for his FK2 a few months back & says they are better in the wet :smt023

I much prefer the chunkier look too :cool:

Regards,Mark.

Smelly air con anyone?
Had this a while now, only for the first few seconds but it is getting worse, Changed pollen filter (2 years according to Honda) smell went for a few days but it's back.

Not sure if I'm on a downer with the car but it's yet another issue I've not experienced on any other car even with my 17 year old car, all small and petty but it's starting to gripe me

Smelly air con anyone?
Had this a while now, only for the first few seconds but it is getting worse, Changed pollen filter (2 years according to Honda) smell went for a few days but it's back.

Not sure if I'm on a downer with the car but it's yet another issue I've not experienced on any other car even with my 17 year old car, all small and petty but it's starting to gripe me

Turn the AC up to max temp and put the fan on full, and leave for 20 minutes. Then turn the temp down to min and leave for another 20 minutes. This kills the bacteria that cause the smell.

There are also commercial products that kill off the bacteria, but this is free and worth a try first.

Will attempt the temp one Monday as my commute is 20 minutes,
I've looked at the sanitisers but finding one with consistent reviews is hard

Will attempt the temp one Monday as my commute is 20 minutes,
I've looked at the sanitisers but finding one with consistent reviews is hard

you need to do one straight after the other, so its a 40 min cycle. half in the morning and half on the way home wont work.

you need to do one straight after the other, so its a 40 min cycle. half in the morning and half on the way home wont work.

My plan was to leave early and sit outside of work for 20 minutes,
It will either come across as eager to work or being too lazy by sitting in my car till clock in time, (and yep I've had the manager moan about the latter in the past :rolleyes:)

csc6 in the dry are deffo sharper / feel more accurate. but the ps4s is a much better all rounder and last twice as long.
^^^^^^ This ;)

Steering feels lighter too...haven't really had much chance to give them a thorough test yet...just have them on the fronts of mine :)

Still running the original CSC6 on the rear after 12k...they fair pretty well on the undriven wheels :lol:

Friend of mine bought a full set of PS4S for his FK2 a few months back & says they are better in the wet :smt023

I much prefer the chunkier look too :cool:

Regards,Mark.
seem to be much like my expeirences with the Dunlop RT2 - softer and less accurate but better in other aspects, without the raw grip of the ps4s's.

Turn the AC up to max temp and put the fan on full, and leave for 20 minutes. Then turn the temp down to min and leave for another 20 minutes. This kills the bacteria that cause the smell.

There are also commercial products that kill off the bacteria, but this is free and worth a try first.

Did 15 minutes of each this morning and repeated it on the way home, will do this all week and see if it clears up but seems to be working so far.
Only gripe is the heat :lol: I'm use to running 16 all year round

Did 15 minutes of each this morning and repeated it on the way home, will do this all week and see if it clears up but seems to be working so far.
Only gripe is the heat :lol: I'm use to running 16 all year round

thats good to hear. Its worked for me on several cars over the years. i do it on my current cars once every couple of months. seems to stop the issue developing at all.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (probably has but 471 pages to look through...) but I still feel that an FK2 Type-R wagon was a massive missed oppurtunity. Yeah, it wouldn't have sold well but these pics of one that some Honda guys at Swindon made up of spare parts made me drool a little...
https://www.fastcar.co.uk/cars/synchro-motorsport-honda-civic-type-r-tourer/

Been ages since 'big' Type-R (going back to the Accord). Would be nice to see another.

Good find that,
There was a chap a couple of years ago on forums taking numbers so I assume it's him, saying that I never passed mine on and it's on the list

Back