• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Oil Temp Range

Hey Guys,

I need some help, what is the ideal oil temp range for the FK2 R?

The Oil temps do rise quickly, not sure at what point I should be concerned.

Thanks!
Coco

Anywhere around 100°c is normal. Expect to see the temps slightly higher when driving hard going up to around 120°C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're seeing those figures dweezle then you are driving your car slower than my 82 year old gramps. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It’s important to get the oil up to a decent temperature (above 80°C generally) before driving the engine hard and also to help evaporate any built up moisture in the engine oil.

I’m fairly sure it will have a good “bong” and display warnings if it gets too hot. It shouldn’t really unless there is something wrong with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i run stack pro-control gauges on mine. oil temp at oil sandwich plate has peaked at 130c on trackdays with a clear sunny day with ambient 21c.
you really dont want to be running synthetic oils much higher than this form what i read up on.

On my FK2 it has the temp range on the dial I just noticed? I assume that’s what the numbers are anyway?

yep, thats the gauge limits. oil temp gauge accuracy is very close vs my STACK's, which is nice to know.
fyi, the cars iMID oil pressure display is extremely slow to react as the electronics have a 3-5secs delay for smoothing.

edit: i forgot the main reason of my last post... i've not had any notifications about oil being up at 130c - no lights, bongs, beeps or knocks. your really not going to be hitting those type of temps on the road if all is well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back