• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Timo

Do you know what these are called?

Thankyou very much. Just what I needed. Timo.
  2. Timo

Do you know what these are called?

I'm trying to find out what these tension/torsion bars are called to hold the splitter in place, but can't find out. There is one of these bars on the righthand side, of the picture below. http://images.importtuner.com/images/0605_impp_18z+2004_subaru_wrx_sti+front_bumper.jpg Does anybody...
  3. Timo

My new front end - Mugen style.

Will do mate, shopuld be fitting them this weekend if the weather is good. Have comp mesh to fit too. Fitted window deflectors, which I bought from the same company, excellent quality and look the nuts. Timo.
  4. Timo

My new front end - Mugen style.

My new front end for my Cosmic 04. All parts made and supplied by http://www.evolution-r.com Also bought window deflectors and a digital air temp gauge, all to be fitted in the coming weeks. Better photos to come once fitted. Tim.
  5. Timo

FD2 New FD2 Type R from £9,745.69

Seems cheap before import costs etc. http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/friday/detail_honda-IDno-17090370.html 2380000yen = £9745.69 And one with full Aero package:- http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/stock/detail_honda-AuctionNo-HD8101X10010707.html 3,760,000yen =...
  6. Timo

To spoiler or not

You don't need one for 1/4 mile racing, only for going round corners faster. ;) Tim.
  7. Timo

Rear bumper exhaust heat shields?

Since I've had my new engine in the EP3, I seem to be melting the rear bumper where the silencer pipe comes out the back. (Similar to that video that's been doing the rounds.) Any one got any suggestions for an effective heatshield? Halfrauds might do something, but I don't want a 'just for...
  8. Timo

Best place to sell a 2004 K20a & gearbox?

I have a 47500 mile K20a 2004 CTR engine & gearbox for sale. Serviced by Honda for 1st service & by System R, for the rest. OEM spec, except for short ram AEM style induction filter, Hamp oil filter & HKS spark plugs. Does anyone have any suggestions for K20a swap forums, like the Elise or...
  9. Timo

Custom made body kits?

Anybody know if there are any fabricators in the UK who can build a body kit from a supplied design? I can't find the kit I want for my CTR, but I can design one. Just need to find a fabricator. Cheers for any help offered. Tim.
  10. Timo

Any KPro owners using the full throttle gear change?

I don't know mate, I just remember seeing the videos. Full throttle gear change http://hondata.net/media/fullthrottlefeet.mov (Right click & save as) Full throttle launch:- http://hondata.net/media/launchcontrol.mov (Right click & save as) Both from here:-...
  11. Timo

Sequential gearbox?

Ah cheers, then it's the same method that Alpine used in their Si demo car. Too much money for proper sequentials. Tim.
  12. Timo

Any KPro owners using the full throttle gear change?

Any KPro owners using the full throttle gear change? There used to be a couple of vids of this on the KPro/Hondata website. Just wondering if anyone uses the function? Tim.
  13. Timo

Sequential gearbox?

Interested but only if I win the lottery. :shock:
  14. Timo

Dynax - 2002 EP1 (Update 26/7)

Nice one Dynax, it's really starting to look minted. Tim.
  15. Timo

Sequential gearbox?

Cheers for the reply Hasnic. Tim.
  16. Timo

Sequential gearbox?

Can the standard CTR gearbox be used as a sequential gearbox, if a sequential shifter is used? Or does the whole gearbox need to be a sequential one? I saw a stripped out track CTR at JAE, which had a sequential shifter on the floor, but I have no idea if it had a sequential box as well...
  17. Timo

18. Timo

To spoiler or not

Donald if you want details about my spoiler I'll send you the links, but it is an import from the US. Friendy has a good idea if you can get the blade part without the mounting brackets. Tim.
  19. Timo

700whp NHB CTR in Fast Car magazine!!!!

Top Gear & the Stig? Tim.
  20. Timo

True, but from the speed the needle got to 130 ish, before the camera looks away, and going by the length of time that passes before he lets off, I'm under the impression it went off the clock, which would be an approxmate 165-180 clock speed. How correct is your claimed 180mph? Is it clock...
  21. Timo

8) 8) It's starting to look really good mate. Love those rims. Tim.
  22. Timo

Well from the vid, we can at least tell it's 180mph clock speed, which is about 150-160mph true speed. Tim.
  23. Timo

XO Motorsports demo CTR. Claimed 180mph!!!!!! Mental. :twisted: Mag feature in post below.
  24. Timo

Single wiper conversion?

Nice to see my choice of mods is causing the usual comments. :lol: I'd thought about the Jeremy Beadle wiper the CTR has, but was interested to see if there have been any conversions done. CHeers for the feedback. :D Tim.
  25. Timo

Single wiper conversion?

Anybody know if the BTCC cars ran a single wiper or double? Cheers, Tim.
  26. Timo

Single wiper conversion?

Any kits out there for the EP3? Cheers, Tim.
  27. Timo

2000 Civic Coupe 1.6Vti VTEC

My car before my CTR. W reg 2000 Civic Coupe. 1.6Vti VTEC B162a engine, no mods at all except for ICE. Click thumbnails to enlarge. Still wish I didn't have to trade her in for the CTR, but haven't looked back since I did. Tim.
  28. Timo

Mugen'd EP1 Has Begun :twisted:

Nice one Rich mate, once the springs are on the whole ride will start to look minted. 8) Tim.
  29. Timo

Anyone else adopt the "20 Min Rule" ?

I don't set off until the car's been running for at least 5 mins. Then it's 5 mins of driving before kicking the vtec in. Tim.
  30. Timo

Please help, malfunction light on after changing filter!!

Yeah Rich said it happened to you too. Well it's not come back on so I guess all is well. :D Again thanks for the help, Tim.
  31. Timo

Vibrating sound from engine when starting..

It sounds like it's the silver plastic inlet cover. Make sure the little black leg that's below the black section, is sat firmly inside the rubber hole on the air filter intake pipe. If that doesn't solve it, put a couple of rubber washers on the bolts that hold the cover to the inlet...
  32. Timo

Fixed, after letting the car warm up, the light went out. Thankyou for your help. :D Tim.
  33. Timo

The bit with the wire coming out that's sticking up out of the black OEM elbow pipe before the filter. It's just above where the red oil vent pipe goes into the filter. The new one is the same as an AEM, with the filter reaching down to the wheel arch, above the gear box. I don't have my...
  34. Timo

A pic of what mate, the new filter or the old one?
  35. Timo

Yes I drove 14 miles, probably not quite long enough though. I'll have done about 70 by the time I get home, so that might be long enough. When I put the Quickshift filter on, this didn't happen. It's only since I've had to put the air flow meter into the new pipe. Tim.
  36. Timo

Ok, but I don't have my original box no more. I can get it back but I did the Hondata airbox mod on it. Needs to find a mate and borrow one I guess. :roll: Shit!! Thanks for your help Chris, I'll try the battery disconnect as a last resort before refitting standard box. Cheers, Tim.
  37. Timo

Ok Chris, I've had the fuse removed for about 20mins. I've just put it back in and turned on the ignition. It's still on. :cry: It goes off as normal just after the ignition is turned on, then comes straight back on. Tim.
  38. Timo

Ok I pulled the fuse and it's still on. :evil: Do I need to turn the ignition on after pulling the fuse, then off and reconnect the fuse? I waited about 15-20 secs before refitting it. Cheers, Tim. Yes am up early doing overtime. :evil:
  39. Timo

Thankyou my friends, I'll try again. Didn't see the little pliers as I didn't open the bonnet fuse box, just the one under the steering wheel. Can't really disconnect the battery as all my audio gear resets. :evil: Thanks, Tim.
  40. Timo

I've just finished fitting a new induction filter, which required me to fit the air flow meter into the pipe section. When finished and I started the car, the malfunction light came on, on the dial cluster. I tried turning off the engine and restarting as mentioned in the manual, but it...
  41. Timo

Standard ECU - different setup's from Honda?

Would Chris's autobahn runs have improved the overall power of the car? Here in the UK, it's not possible (safely) to run our cars at 120mph + legally, for extended periods of time, whereas with Chris's high speed runs on the autobahns and runs round the ring, he often is. Perhaps this...
  42. Timo

Ball Park figures? Re-Spray or Wrap?

I think it's a Cosmic mate. The wing, bootlid and door handles are Cosmic. Did the person who had the white wrap done, have the handles done too? Or is it something you have to put up with when wrapping a car? Tim.
  43. Timo

Exhaust guide

5" Cobra backbox with 2.5" silenced midpipe. Under car view:- http://www.free-webspace.biz/sonix/Cars/cobra2.html Very loud, deep and rude. Can set off car alarms and angry people. Deffinite 'look at me' zorst, most of my mates can hear me 5 mins before I get near them. Tim.
  44. Timo

Moogun kosmik heven.

The CTR adapter kit for it arrives on Monday, so next week depending on weather. :twisted: Will post some photos asap when it's fitted. Tim.
  45. Timo

Moogun kosmik heven.

:D 235fhp obviously. :lol: I can but dream eh?
  46. Timo

Moogun kosmik heven.

New mods, wax and so new photos. As my bandwidth at photobucket has been exceeded, you can view all the photos here:- http://www.free-webspace.biz/sonix/Cars/ephatchrotm.html Earlier photos of the car during various stages of modifications...
  47. Timo

S2000 & NSX Honda NSX - R.

Veilside Masity Fortune NSX. Hubba hubba. 8) Top End NSX club cars:- http://www.gem.hi-ho.ne.jp/aceone/spec/spec.htm Tim.
  48. Timo

Help! Standard Stereo

If your amp has a high level input, then you can take the feed from the speaker wires, out of the headunit and into this. Tim.
  49. Timo

The scariest pic of a CTR......

Is it large enough to do the whole section, or would I need to buy some more as well? Please PM me with a price, if you'd like to sell it. :D Thanks, Tim.
  50. Timo

You knows it mate, might as well do it when I do the grill. :D Sounds easy enough, I'm just going to print these instructions off and then I'll set to. :D I presume the refitting is just a reversal? Thanks for the help. Tim.
  51. Timo

Have you got a 'How to?' for doing this in 15mins please? Cheers, Tim.
  52. Timo

Looking 8) now it's rebuilt. How long did it take your 'mechanic' to complete? Cheers, Tim.
  53. Timo

My CTR. One year on a diet of mods.

:smt046
  54. Timo

Should I or Shouldn't I.....

Agreed, they look really good. Better than I thought they would. 8) Tim.
  55. Timo

pmsl, the wood finish was extra. :smt096 Nice touch don't you think. :wink: They do a different style of support strut, but I think it's naff. Check out the gallery/photo section at http://www.pogywings.com There's only one photo of the other type of support. It looks like a pair of...
  56. Timo

Built the wing today.
  57. Timo

The Pogy Wings website has a 'build your wing' page, which you can choose on colour, style of endplates, (mine are the aggressive style endplates), size of wing and whether it's single or double stage. (1 or 2 blades.) http://www.pogywings.com Then contact Claire in sales at Ikon...
  58. Timo

Very easy indeed mate. When removed all that's left is the two mounting plates on the boot lid, at the base of the rear windscreen. The mounting plate is the short section in this photo:- Tim.
  59. Timo

:D I do like it and it arrived today. Whole kit:- Endplates:- Support bars:- Wing blade:- Blade profile:- 52" wide, 7.5" long. Will be building it tomorrow but not fitting it for a week or two. I'll post a photo of it constructed tomorrow. Tim.
  60. Timo

Nice 1 Rich, any time you want mate. Although the longer you leave it, the more mods will be added. :D As promised, downforce/drag data:- Cheers, Tim.
  61. Timo

Ooooh look what I just had delivered (2 pics)

Looking mint Smeg. 8) Will look mucho better on the car though. :lol: Tim.
  62. Timo

some pics of me mota

Very nice mate. How do you find the JDM rear anti roll bar? Does it improve handling considerably over the UKDM one? And what's this: trust evo extreme 2 (jdm spec) ? Cheers, Tim.
  63. Timo

Exactly why I'm buying this one. It's not there to look shit but to provide improved handling. Tim.
  64. Timo

Not identical, but as similar as I could find.
  65. Timo

1.4 Bumper Into CTR Bumper...Is it possible? (Results!!!!)

LOL, go on then, Rich will end up selling it to someone else if we carry on like this. :D Tim.
  66. Timo

I have to keep up the look mate. Burberry seat covers arrive this week. :wink: Again as above, it's a BTCC style wing with different end plates. Does nobody like the look of the CTR touring car rear wings? :cry: Tim.
  67. Timo

Oohh, that hurt man. :wink: Just make sure you have it sprayed in Cosmic yeah, then I can collect it from you at the NY meet. :D Tim.
  68. Timo

Handbags at dawn sir. :wink: Tim.
  69. Timo

The wing is fully adjustable, I have a table of data for the different stages of adjustment and subsequent drag and downforce values, which I'll post up soon. It is the nearest to a BTCC rear wing that I could find. Especially as I've been informed many times that you can't buy the BTCC ones...
  70. Timo

So does this mean you're using the Mugen facelift grill or you're getting a pre-FL Mugen grill? Sorry Rich mate, but I can't see what you've done with your jigsaw. The bumper looks unchanged to me in the different photos, other than the first has the grill in situ. :? -EDIT- Hang on I...
  71. Timo

Thought I would share, before winter work .....

Yummy. 8) Very very nice car mate. Tim.
  72. Timo

Updated. You can also view these photos at my website if these are'nt displayed properly. http://www.free-webspace.biz/sonix/Cars/CTR1.html New update - 5th September Some of my baby's first birthday presents. :D Blitz power meter & Race Logic 5" Tacho installed. Quickshift...
Back