• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CTR. One year on a diet of mods.

Updated. You can also view these photos at my website if these are'nt displayed properly.

http://www.free-webspace.biz/sonix/Cars/CTR1.html

New update - 5th September Some of my baby's first birthday presents. :D

Blitz power meter & Race Logic 5" Tacho installed.

Clocks.jpg

Quickshift induction filter.

QuickshiftCL.jpg

QuickshiftWD.jpg

Cobra 5" cat-back.

CobraCL.jpg

CobraWD.jpg

And arriving on Tuesday, a black Pogy Wings, fully adjustable F1 single stage, BTCC style rear wing.

F1wingfocusBlk.jpg

F1wingfocusBlk2.jpg

F1wingfocusBlk3.jpg

-

A couple of new mods arrived. (3/8/05)

Camber kit. Eibach front camber bolts and K Sport rear camber adjusters.
Camberkit.jpg

Blitz Power meter.

blitzpowermeter.jpg

CTR2amGrround.jpg

BK-299 18" in High power black, with Yokohama Parada Spec 2 sticky stuff.

BK299.jpg

Frontwheel1.jpg

EBC Turbo groove disks and Red Stuff Ceramic pads

EBCTurbogroove.jpg

J's Racing EDT & Strut brace

EDT.jpg

TPW Engineering grounding kit

Grounding.jpg

Kenwood head unit & graphic EQ/Crossover unit in 2nd din slot.

HUOpen.jpg

Kicker 10" L7 subs & Kicker KX1200.1 amplifier, Stinger HMP 0/1 gauge power cables & 1 Farad capacitor.

kickerinstall.jpg

VTEC indicator custom made by Recognition.

ByeByeGTi1.jpg

Code:
Mod List:- 

Bodywork:

Black Pogy Wings, fully adjustable F1 single stage, BTCC style rear wing. (To be fitted.)

Suspension:

J's Racing upper strut brace.
J's racing Engine torque damper.
Eibach front camber bolts. (To be fitted.)
K Sport rear camber adjusters. (To be fitted.)
Apexi springs 30mm drop. (To be fitted.)

Engine:

Cobra 5" cat back exhaust.

Wheels: 

BK Racing - 299 18" High power black wheels
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres.  
EBC Turbo groove vented brake disks.
EBC Red Stuff ceramic/kevlar pads.

Audio:

Kenwood KDC-8024 Headunit.
Kenwood KDC CPS85 10 CD changer. 
Kenwood KGC 9044 graphic EQ and crossover. 
Kicker Class-D mono KX1200.1 amp. 
Kicker Solo-baric L7s 10" Square Sub woofers. (x2) 
Stinger SC241MDX 1 Farad power capacitor. 
Stinger SWKHO HPM 1/0 gauge platinium power wiring kit.

Electronics: 

TWP Engineering engine earthing kit.
Custom made VTEC indicator.  
Blitz Power meter.
Race Sport 5" racing tacho with shift light.
Snooper S3.

More photos to follow as and when.

Tim.

So you haven't done much then i take it :wink: :wink: :wink:

Looks good Timo............loving the wheels but then i would , having them myself in 17's 8) 8)

Not to sure about the wing but will have to see it fitted first :wink:

Nice CTR mate

if you do fit that wing, make sure you gett the boot lid reinforced with a few plates of welded steel.

if you dont you'll get the boot lid warping

Cant wait to see this wing on, saw it on a focus at ffoc and thought it looked stunning :) Good on you Timo! :)

Coming along nicely, definately have to come see it now ;) Was standard when i saw it! :lol:

Timo said:

QuickshiftCL.jpg

QuickshiftWD.jpg

:? They still sell these?

I remember a couple of years back, CTR owners with Quickshift's having problems with them breaking where you have the jubilee clip :? and due to the position of them they suffer from terrible heatsoak, losing you a fair bit of BHP over standard :shock:

Still.... can't beat the noise they make when VTEC engages :wink:

The wing is fully adjustable, I have a table of data for the different stages of adjustment and subsequent drag and downforce values, which I'll post up soon.

It is the nearest to a BTCC rear wing that I could find. Especially as I've been informed many times that you can't buy the BTCC ones. I can always get different end plates, but these are the best of the selection available.

Mark43, not done much, not yet anyway. Supercharger next year. :twisted:

insanojackson, why? Fully adjustable therefore improving rear down force, hence improving the handling. I already have a boot full of ICE, which helps to steady the back end much more, but need more control. This combined with the lowering and fast road set up, will improve my traction for the intended track days I'll be doing.

Cheers, Dotty. See above re wing. :D

colinjy, excellent advice, thank you. I'd not thought of that and will certainly do so when I do fit it. :D

james, there's not really that many mate. :wink:

Friendy, yes. I'll be adding the manufacturers data regarding how much down force.

Dynax, that Focus has the only other Pogy F1 wing that's in the country. I now have the other. :D First one on a CTR. You will need to hear it mate, it's mental and has deffo come a long way since you saw her. :twisted:

Scousefella, thank you mate. :D

Matt, yes they do still sell them new. I bought this 2nd hand via the other forums. Mental noise from it and will be sorting a dyno run to see if it does improve or impede performance. There is a lot of airflow from the front of the engine as I removed the standard intake pipe and the space behind the filter is huge. I will be buying a cold feed pipe or two to help things though.

Captain Redbeard, why not? Do you not like the touring car style wings that the CTR's have in the BTCC? I do, hence buying this one, as it's the closest in style to those.

hovblackctr, thanks. Perhaps when it's fitted you might change your mind. Either way I think it's excellent.

Thankyou for the comments. :D

Tim.

Black R said:
Nice wheels 8)

BUT WTF IS THAT WING ALL ABOUT???? im sorry but IMO that looks chav

I have to keep up the look mate. Burberry seat covers arrive this week. :wink:

Again as above, it's a BTCC style wing with different end plates. Does nobody like the look of the CTR touring car rear wings? :cry:

Tim.

Black R said:
but i spose they are there for a purpose

Exactly why I'm buying this one. It's not there to look shit but to provide improved handling.

Tim.

Tim, definately coming up to see this when my car's a lil more sorted!

Yours was standard when i saw it / went in it, cant wait to see it now! :)

Nice 1 Rich, any time you want mate. Although the longer you leave it, the more mods will be added. :D

As promised, downforce/drag data:-

F1wingdownforce.jpg

Cheers,

Tim.

Back