• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CTR. One year on a diet of mods.

:D I do like it and it arrived today.

Whole kit:-
DSCN1344.jpg

Endplates:-
DSCN1345.jpg

Support bars:-
DSCN1349.jpg

Wing blade:-
DSCN1348.jpg

Blade profile:-
DSCN1347.jpg

DSCN1346.jpg

52" wide, 7.5" long. Will be building it tomorrow but not fitting it for a week or two. I'll post a photo of it constructed tomorrow.

Tim.

Will be interested to see how easy it is too remove from the car, could put it on for track days then remove for day to day use

Friendy said:
Will be interested to see how easy it is too remove from the car, could put it on for track days then remove for day to day use

Very easy indeed mate. When removed all that's left is the two mounting plates on the boot lid, at the base of the rear windscreen.

The mounting plate is the short section in this photo:-
DSCN1349.jpg

Tim.

id of had it on the car by now. ;)

least i aint gonna be the only one getting stick for wings now

Friendy said:
Cheers mate do you have contact details

The Pogy Wings website has a 'build your wing' page, which you can choose on colour, style of endplates, (mine are the aggressive style endplates), size of wing and whether it's single or double stage. (1 or 2 blades.)

http://www.pogywings.com

Then contact Claire in sales at Ikon Automotive, with your exact choice. They are the UK distributors for Pogy Wings.

Email:- [email protected]

As the wing was designed for the Ford Focus, you'll also need the Civic Si adapter kit, which can also be purchased through Ikon Automotive.

The wing is £236 including VAT & delivery, the adapter kit is £127 including VAT & delivery.

Mention that I, Tim Ellis, have just bought one through them and Claire will know exactly what you need. If you want everything to be the same as mine, Claire will be able to order it easily.

I'm waiting for confirmation that the Si kit will fit our Type R rear spoiler, as the Si spoiler is shorter and doesn't have the brake light.

The top mounts attach to a backing plate which you attach behind the brake light. You then re-attach the brake light to this plate. The Focus plate that comes with the kit, is a slightly different shape to the CTR brake light, hence my not fitting it yet.

In the 'Whole kit' photo I posted earlier, the brake light plate is at the top of the photo. The long bars connect to this and to the top of the supports for the wing.

So if you hang on a couple of days before contacting them, I'll confirm that the kit will fit. There will also be a wait for delivery, as I bought the only one in the UK and more will have to be shipped from the USA. However if you called the same day I do to confirm my order of the adapter kit, they can send the lot together, as the kit has to come from the USA.

colinj, I need the adapter kit before I can fit it safely. I can't wait to fit it.

Tim.

Timo said:
Built the wing today.

DSCN1369.jpg

DSCN1368.jpg

Not sure I like the wood finish to the top of the wing, but each to their own :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice though, can't wait to see it finished. Think I would have prefered the supports without the holes in them though.

Welsh-Rich said:
Not sure I like the wood finish to the top of the wing, but each to their own :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice though, can't wait to see it finished. Think I would have prefered the supports without the holes in them though.

pmsl, the wood finish was extra. :smt096 Nice touch don't you think. :wink:

They do a different style of support strut, but I think it's naff. Check out the gallery/photo section at http://www.pogywings.com There's only one photo of the other type of support. It looks like a pair of scissors. :?

Tim.

Yup, see what you mean.

The other one looks like someone's tried to set up a deckchair on the back window :shock: :?

If they did it in you'r shape & Style without the holes, then 100% spot on!

But not bad, may want to lose the wood finish though :wink: :lol:

Welsh-Rich said:
Yup, see what you mean.

The other one looks like someone's tried to set up a deckchair on the back window :shock: :?

If they did it in you'r shape & Style without the holes, then 100% spot on!

But not bad, may want to lose the wood finish though :wink: :lol:

:smt046

Back