• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D

To spoiler or not

If you send me details that would be great Friendy, i have to drop son of at East Midlands airport on thursday evening, so if you want to have a look at the quality of my fibre glass doors,bonnet and tailgate, im happy to bring them up
  2. D

Relocating battery

ok not an engine mod as such, but has anyone relocated battery to the boot?
  3. D

To spoiler or not

Taking delivery of my fibre glass tailgate, which will have no rear spoiler. Question. Do i really need a rear spoiler? is it mainly for cosmetics? And if yes, wheres best place to get a btcc style one??
  4. D

Civic Strip Tease... Weight Reduction Guide

Can't weight...... to get my fibre glass doors,bonnet and tailgate, plus plexiglass all round fitted. Not forgetting those oooooooh so lite Buddy Club seats. Even invested in a spoon battery and started eating salads!! :D
  5. D

C Pillar strut brace

Worthwhile stiffening of the chassis, or just for show?
  6. D

Who Is This Being Owned By A 1.4 Lupo??

You know that there is a lupo out there with a r32 engine in it!! Saw it at Castle Combe a few years back & they struggled to keep it on the mobile rollers!! :D
  7. D

Honda Civic EP3 Type R - Lightweight crank pulley

Click on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8063273336&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
  8. D

Honda Civic EP3 Type R - Lightweight crank pulley

Im always dubious about claims, such as these, but does anyone know, if this might be right? HONDA CIVIC EP3 TYPE R Lightweight Crank Pulley 100% BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX 1 Piece pulley kit as shown in the picture Lightened underdrive pulleys are CNC-machined from lightweight...
  9. D

N/A Tuning, the results with each set of mods added...

Nice one Paul. :D You have one monster car now!!
  10. D

Wider track..

Please dont mention the spoon calipers.... im still to upset to talk about it.. I bought a set of spacers & hoping it will alievate some of the nervousness that afflicts the car on the corners
  11. D

Oil Coolers

Theres an inexpensive one on fleabay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8053981302&fromMakeTrack=true
  12. D

Fancy a dry sump system??

This was a rather informative piece i found Most production cars have a wet sump oil system. The HowStuffWorks article on car engines shows you where the sump is -- it's the area below the crank shaft. In a wet sump, the oil that you put into the engine is stored beneath the crankshaft in the...
  13. D

Slick black and on the car

Last time i saw those wheels they were silver. Where did you get them done? Nice slicks! :wink:
  14. D

Oil Coolers

Where is the best place to fit the oil cooler?
  15. D

Wider track..

Thats why BMW have moved to aluminium suspension bits to help in this department. Consider the energy that a 18 stone man produces trying to slow down from a sprint, to that of a 11 stone chap!! Power without control...
  16. D

Wider track..

Only illegal on the queens highway!! But i am looking at for track day use
  17. D

Wider track..

I was reading in jtuner mag that this aides driving ala dc5. So would fitting spacers to the CTR wheels be an a way to achieve this?
  18. D

Improving CTR Aerodynamics

Isnt there always a compromise, between downforce and aerodynamics! Its finding the balance that allows you to cleave through the air to hit max speed, whilst giving you downforce through the twisty bits
  19. D

Sumo visits Suzuka Circuit with J's Racing for test....pix..

I bet that was one hell of an experience. p.s i thought beards were illegal....... :D
  20. D

More power.......... or less weight?

If i threw the wife out, im sure i could save 55kg in weight......... :D
  21. D

Those Buddy Clubs look very nice, sat in my garage. Picking up tp's seat rail on friday! Nearly 6 months without vtec is not good. Well thats what my doctor says...
  22. D

My eye has been off the ball, what with change of job and trying to get my engine fitted. Must give the chap a ring and get this sorted. Thanks for the reminder! :wink:
  23. D

Bought a set of Buddy Clubs, which weigh 5kgs each. OEM seats weigh 17kgs each...... And on the basis that i am a billy no mates, i only need one seat in the front..... :wink:
  24. D

Best front strut brace with mugen airbox fitted?

I have a mugen airbox and tried the j's strut brace. It scraped the top of my box, so i sold it. The j's NOT the mugen!! Not sure how much diffference the front strut brace makes. Its the rear that is the weak link!!
  25. D

Gentleman, are you not missing the point here. A set of whatever the current cam vogue, will cost you circa £1,500 and might give your already modded cars and extra 10-15bhp. For less than a grand, my "diet" approach will effectively give me the equivalent of additional 35hp, on a standard...
  26. D

So, if saving 15% on the weight of a car, effectively increases the power to weight ratio by 18%. That means a standard CTR with the above weight saving would have the equivalent PWR of a car with 232 bhp!! How much would it cost to get that level of horse power on a standard car........
  27. D

Less effort on the brakes and greater acceleration. If you have ever been to a track day & been overtaking my a lotus or atom, you know the law of physics, cant be beaten!!
  28. D

A lot of us have now modified our CTR's from standard, with exhausts,intake and ecu's. Question now comes as to what next. Is it good value for money, to spend say £1,500+ on getting uprated cams fitted, for an additional circa 15bhp. Compared to shaving 15% off the weight of your...
  29. D

80k miles... should I change my clutch?

If you have a Mr Clutch in your region, check them out. Very reasonable. Think it was about £330 :D
  30. D

Baffled Sump

And with my light weight slicks, boy will you be fast! :wink:
  31. D

Baffled Sump

Contact ADH who were doing them for £173. I have one! :D
  32. D

Baffled Sump

I wish i had known this info 3 months ago. Cuz i wouldnt be spending my time looking for another engine!! :shock:
  33. D

CTR on throttle Bodies?

How much & are they compatible with kpro?
  34. D

AEM fuel rail

Has anyone had one of these fitted and what is the benefit over the standard one?
  35. D

What width wheels would i need

All around for track work! :)
  36. D

Would it require removal of the inner wheel liners/arches?
  37. D

Brembo GT big brake kit for EP3 (NOT DC5 Brembo)

Is that because 85% of the braking is through the front ones?
  38. D

I need a set of 17"wheels to fit 240 width tyres. (slicks before you ask!!) Would i need to go up to 8" or wider wheels Any suggestions on wheels, that would accomodate?
  39. D

Brembo GT big brake kit for EP3 (NOT DC5 Brembo)

For that amount of money you could get the daddy of all braking systems the AP Racing set up!! :wink:
  40. D

CTR on throttle Bodies?

Stroker kits sound great until you factor in the cost at about £3k + fitting!! Of course if money isnt an issue CPL will do you a 2.4 stroker for £4,500... :shock:
  41. D

Kpro launch control

What does the launch control do?
  42. D

Toda Stroker Kit

Sounds like a woman i use to know................ :wink:
  43. D

My milano baby pumps out 240 big ones! (chart in 1st post)

If 192 whp on your calculations gives 226bhp, then that means all the standard CTR are putting out 177bhp!! :wink:
  44. D

For those with A/C .....

Using a/c will only reduce your performance, so dont use it!! Unless of course you are one of these closet accord drivers in a EP3 shell..... :wink:
  45. D

Front fogs

But just think if you were to buy my front fogs, you would be helping in getting my car back on the road ( replacement engine) & i would even let you have a thrash in it on the next track day... 198whp, quaiffe diff, spoon progressive lowered springs,slick, 8800rpm rev limit........ :D
  46. D

Spoon 4 pot caliper system

Has anyone had these fitted to their car and are they worth the money?
  47. D

N/A Tuning, the results with each set of mods added...

So much for reigning in your spending... :wink:
  48. D

My milano baby pumps out 240 big ones! (chart in 1st post)

Maybe it was the window tints that did it......... :wink:
  49. D

some people have to much money!!!

Id suggest he sold the CTR and got himself something that could handle that level of power, like a skyline, scooby or evo! :wink:
  50. D

Baffled Sump

I had checked the oil both on the night before and on the day and it was fine. Was running with semi slick tyres. Is that significant?
  51. D

Donington Track Days

That is cheap. It was £150 through MAC. Its a great track with loads of run of areas if you get it wrong. :D
  52. D

Baffled Sump

I was racing around Bruntingthorpe with the rev needle at about 8800rpm when there was a horrible clancking noise. Called the AA out who said it was the big ends that had gone! :(
  53. D

Baffled Sump

Wish i had fitted these before last weeks demise of my big ends!! :(
  54. D

My research into benefits of higher RON rating

I regularly get 370 miles (combination of town & motorway) from mine and its tweaked to 198whp!! just passed 80k mile mark!
  55. D

MAC Track day @ Bruntingthorpe Sat 8th Oct

Is anyone going to this?
  56. D

ITB's

Guy YOu can have my CTR to test them on :D
  57. D

MAC Trackday Bruntingthorpe 24/09/05

If you are really nice you can have a drive in my car and see why spending the money on a quaife diff is so worthwhile!!
  58. D

Didnt have any problems with my spoon lowered springs!
  59. D

Castle Combe october

How do you get to go on this trackday in October as i loooooove Castle Combe and its only 20mins from my house?
  60. D

Ive paid my money and am down to go again. Now with kpro fitted, hoping to embarrass those idiot s2000 drivers!! If there is two of you going only works out at £75 each + petrol :roll:
  61. D

High milers

If you are going to have your clutch and flywheel done, seriously think about having the uprated engine mounts fitted + quaife diff!! Worth every penny!! :D
  62. D

High milers

mine has just gone past 76k miles and it goes like a dream. Had it kpro'd and race header fitted in July and boy does it fly! Get the occasional creak from the front suspension (especially after track days), apart from that only brakes and discs have been required! :D
  63. D

Mugen airbox with strut brace?

I have a mugen airbox and found that it fouled on my j's strut brace. Not to add fuel to the fire but i managed 198whp with mugen airbox, dc race header and kpro, with standard exhaust!! I am very pleased with my mugen box & unlike lots on this forum i do about 25k miles a year in my CTR. Just...
  64. D

Magnex Back box

Is that a rear tie bar i see protruding from the back of your car? Do they work? & how much?
Back