• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. simhoward

A-Plan Insurance

See page 1 - must be a 5 or 10% discount ;)
  2. simhoward

A-Plan Insurance

Fiancée pushes up the quote a fraction but mentioning this forums knocks the cover for me down to saving of £150 over my adrian flux renewal. It's a no brainer :D
  3. simhoward

A-Plan Insurance

Looking good so far - £100 cheaper than my renewal quote. Got a bit of ringing around to do and will see if adding the fiancée helps reduce the premium. Fingers crossed
  4. simhoward

How to start off?

Agree with the gruppe m comment. It's weird you felt the oem was better than the icebox. Was the filter dirty on the icebox or was the ecu adjusting for a new filter maybe it felt better? I think the feed for the icebox is much better than oem but its build quality leaves little to shout...
  5. simhoward

How to start off?

Another option within your £500 budget is: Comptech Icebox - import from US for under £200 - stock sound and an improvment over the stock filter. I noticed better pull throughtout the rev range and it is regarded as improving the ctr's torque. Spoon B pipe £265 - improvemnet over the OEM...
  6. simhoward

Spoon B-Pipe

Get it bought Kev, you can always handwash and use a mangle for the clothes :lol:
  7. simhoward

Spoon B-Pipe

My throttle response improved and I could hear the burples when changing down :cool:
  8. simhoward

Grrr :x

Received a cheque for £90 :o
  9. simhoward

Headlamp

Had condensation in my headlamps on my preface, units were replaced under warranty. If you are coming to the end of your warranty period push for them to be changed, otherwise monitor it and get back to them if it doesn't 'burn off' - which I doubt it will.
  10. simhoward

FN2 no spare wheel :(

Agree. I would also like to see foam fixing a shredded tyre too. A nice few hours wait for the AA man then:rolleyes:
  11. simhoward

Rear tyre wear

I agree on what you are saying. I drive (predominently) on the smoothest and straightest A road in Lincolnshire to get to work. My fronts last 17k (actually they could do another 2k but I wanted to be ready for winter), completely even wear and trackign is still perfect. Money is tight due to...
  12. simhoward

Okay update time and I need some advice please. It turns out it was the anti-roll bar and it appears they were just slack in following it up with the insurance company. They followed it up once in July and again in December :? In terms of the way it was handled they have admitted it could be...
  13. simhoward

Rear tyre wear

Just been to Honda to check my rear end - oh err :lol: It was making a rumbling noise from the rear after I had some new re040s fitted tot he front. The rear tyres have worn on the inner edges causing road noise above 40mph. The dealer suggested having the alignment done every 12 months to...
  14. simhoward

Silly question maybe?

outside temp sensor darker alloys :wink:
  15. simhoward

FN2 Evo review

Completely agree. Marketing men are not doing their job (looking too closely at the competition) and being over-ruled by the accountants, and the engineers need to grow some balls and stand up for themselves. It's a watered down lets keep everyone happy compromise.
  16. simhoward

Spoon yellow rocker cover

£200 - give or take, plus the rocker gasket.
  17. simhoward

Tracker device

Didn't bring my premium down Chris. Infact as I declared it, it was then an obligation for it to be on and working as part of the policy. Also the Tracker insurance discount scheme (e.g. 5% premium saving) wasn't upheld with any of the companies I rang around on their list. :?
  18. simhoward

My CTR stolen

Not fair :lol: :lol: Pleased you have got it back - hope everything checks out okay :wink:
  19. simhoward

Car stolen

Gutted for you mate. :shock: Want to say something encouraging but that is so shocking - bang out of order. :x Try and stay positive though :wink:
  20. simhoward

Yeah got there in the end but doesn't fill me with confidence on their ability to handle a claim if I ever needed to. They could have gone around it in a better way too, so I will see what comes of having a reasoned and well balanced moan.
  21. simhoward

I have been told verbally that the policy will still be honoured by the insurer. Apparantly it goes on a points system, the last mod had pushed it over the points system. This was the strut brace, however the insurer stated the anti-roll bar, hence the confusion. However, the policy is only...
  22. simhoward

Received a letter (dated (15/1/07) from my insurance broker last night saying my insurance policy will be null and void by 22/1/07 due to not accepting a modification of a anti-roll bar. Stapled to this letter was a solution in the form of taking out a new insurance policy. The item in...
  23. simhoward

Gruppe-M Vs Icebox

Good review matie. I'm pleased with the way the icebox performs and for the money you can't go wrong.
  24. simhoward

K-PRO VS UNICHIP *UPDATE PAGE 2*

Aye :)
  25. simhoward

Headlamps

Yes there is. Don't expect too much though as the beam cut-off is still there. The light is much whiter. Incidently the original bulbs in the ctr were Osram but the regular version. I also got the HB3 for high which are excellent. :D You'll have fun fitting them, especially on the o/s...
  26. simhoward

AEM v2's on ebay....

As they say in the City Andy...'sell, sell, sell!' :wink:
  27. simhoward

Spoon exhaust

I have a N1 and the Spoon b-pipe. Can't comment on the supersprint as a comparison but I am really happy with the Spoon b-pipe and would recommend it :wink:
  28. simhoward

K-PRO VS UNICHIP *UPDATE PAGE 2*

Quality post. It will help me make a more informed decision when I tune my ctr. One question I do have is that I was told that the kpro takes into account the cam profiles of the k20 engine whereas the unichip didn't, therefore longetivity of the engine tuned by kpro would be better. Is...
  29. simhoward

My new R33 GT-R V-Spec :smt041

Always prefered the 34 but my god.....that 33 is magnificant. 8) Still don't understand why some cars with all that power still have a cambelt :? Not long now matie :wink:
  30. simhoward

What b-pipe for a Spoon N1?

Very true. :D Wonder if they do a Spoon spoon :?
  31. simhoward

Spoon B Pipe is on and the pops on overrun bring a smile to my face. It certainly makes the exhaust note a little deeper. It is much louder when cold and hope it rasps more when it cokes up a bit. :twisted: It cost me £280 delivered from Funky Power but i had to get the bolt holes...
  32. simhoward

Can't wait :twisted:
  33. simhoward

Spoon b-pipe ordered
  34. simhoward

Dont doubt that will sound evil :twisted: but for what I use my car for and what noise I want I think it will be too loud to go unsilenced
  35. simhoward

Thanks for that. :) Think it'llbe the Spoon b-pipe option for me. :twisted:
  36. simhoward

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  37. simhoward

Is there a change to the exhaust note with the Spoon b-pipe?
  38. simhoward

I have just purchased and fitted a Spoon N1 and replaced by 6x4 magnex back box. The N1 is mated to the magnex b-pipe and it sounds great. I have a option of getting a b-pipe without a silencer for next to nothing. This is a larger bore than the magnex b-pipe (with silencer) that i...
  39. simhoward

FN2 Milano Red 07 CTR

Got to agree with you on this one.
  40. simhoward

Kpro map vs Honda OEM map

The current ECU has the ability to 'learn' new settings will kpro take this automatic function away as a manual adjustment?
  41. simhoward

So in theory using a base map in kpro for the mods you have done will be just as effective and will not cause any running issues.
  42. simhoward

I will eventually go down the kpro route and totally understand that getting my car mapped will undoubtedly give the best results but I was wondering about those who people who run pre-set maps. As every engine is different performance-wise will Honda map each car given the fact that the ECU...
  43. simhoward

Comptech Icebox Info?

Icebox brand new are £170 delivered via the States. Someone is selling an icebox in the classified section for 150 notes. Buying an Icebox will be easier than modding your existing airbox but I can't see why it can't be done. If you want induction roar and good gains the AEM CAI may...
  44. simhoward

been doing some more wheels

Good effort. 8) For 3 spokes they don't look bad on the rx7 (I think) but still not my cup of char... :?
  45. simhoward

How to install a Comptech Icebox

Cheers guys - just hope some people find it useful :wink: The cup of tea is mandatory :lol:
  46. simhoward

How to install a Comptech Icebox

A picture guide to support GaryMan's original post as follows: Instructions and Review Fitting the icebox is a doddle as long as you read the instructions, stick it in 5th and take your time. If I was to fit this again I would say I'd fit it in 50 mins.... but allow yourself around 2...
  47. simhoward

Osram Silverstars

Did you get the ones the fit in the projector unit or the full bean unit?
  48. simhoward

My CTR vs DC5 thread

I can vouch for this - extemely impressive in the corners - way faster than I would dare. :P :twisted: What surprised me most about Chris' Teg is despite the fact that it is heavily modified just how composed the ride was - very useable on a day to day basis. :) Just begs the...
  49. simhoward

DC vs BC IV

Sorry to hear about your bad luck G.
  50. simhoward

DC vs BC IV

I'm in Lincolnshire but I doubt I'm going as I think I have plans. :? Good call though as it would be good to hear one in the flesh - so to speak. :P :lol:
  51. simhoward

DC vs BC IV

Thanks Dotty. :wink: Scoucefella does your exhaust b-pipe sit lower like the BC Spec IV. God this is close call - I take performance wise both exhausts offer the same too?
  52. simhoward

DC vs BC IV

Right, this question has been asked so many times and still can't decide so I need your help. I seen an excellent video of the spec IV, the way it looks and especially the raspy noise in vtec. However, the DC sports exhaust is still unknown. I have a bit of DC sports gear and thought I...
  53. simhoward

MOT Failed/Passed Retest!!!!! :shock: :( :)

No problem mate, happy to help :D
  54. simhoward

MOT Failed/Passed Retest!!!!! :shock: :( :)

Speak to Gav the Group service manager mate. When I bought my used ctr and my new ctr from Lincoln Honda the deal is as long as you get the car serviced with them MOTs are free for the life of the car :wink: As they are part of the Lincolnshire Honda group that should mean Grantham falls...
  55. simhoward

Alloy Wheel Corrosion Potential Claim (Pics)

Is the corrosion warranty 5 or 6 years? If so, you will be eligible for another set before then :wink:
  56. simhoward

Alloy Wheel Corrosion Potential Claim (Pics)

Yours are worse than mine when I had my prefacelift and simialr to Andy only a 2 were worthy of replacement but all of them were changed - prob because the shade of grey on the new facelift alloys is darker. The only cause for rejection if the alloys are badly curbed - but that would be a...
  57. simhoward

Can anyone make me this grille ?

Seen this on ebay mate :wink: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-JDM-MESH-GRILL-02_W0QQitemZ320001349378QQihZ011QQcategoryZ9886QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  58. simhoward

CTR 30AE Stolen

Words kind of fail me when this sort of thing happens. Its just very, very harsh. :( Really feel for you matie - good luck with insurance claim :wink:
  59. simhoward

to do or not to do

Seconded. Looks weird with a lighter grey centre cap. Other option is to have a formula one set up red on the left and blue on the right.... I'll fetch my coat. Bring on the carbon fibre :twisted: :P
  60. simhoward

Challenging for the Number 1 spot. :twisted: Pics on P3.

I agree. Also surprised to see they are using the pipe from the crankcase (potentially higher intake temps?) rather than a separate vent filter like the bmc.
  61. simhoward

Electric Shocks :smt026

I have a tp earthing kit and I do not get shocks but the girlfriend does. Must be her........ electric personality :lol:
  62. simhoward

Vibration on steering at 90mph+

Wayhay first post :D My old rover 220 turbo tomcat had 17" tsw and god knows how many tyre fitters tried to balance them - I think its just fitters not concentrating on where exactly to put the weight :wink: Tip on inflation: When I did my tyre pressures I misread the info and inflated...
Back