• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A-Plan Insurance

dragonflyjade said:
yep :D

Currently, formatting the new LaCie Porche HDD then off to deliver some Jaffa Cakes to my mate Sam at her work.

Coincidentally, A-Plan also do home insurance too so I'm going to give them a go in August 2007.

Yea Ann asked me the same thing when I spoke to her recently so I think we shall be doing the same

Just given them a ring, and will now see by how much they can beat Egg's renewal offer which stands at a not very cheap 1,021 :shock: :shock: :smt073

Tesco on-line got it down to 850 (although no mods declared) so i'm sure they can save me a few pennies

EDIT: A Plan came back with an initial quote of 950 with 400 XS (mods declared), although they did say if I get it cheaper anywhere else to come back...
Must be able to get it cheaper elsewhere

EDIT2: Tried Adrian Flux (725) & Greenlight (667) then went back to A-Plan to see what they could do... They have gone away and come back with 649, which includes legal cover, european driving, courtesy car etc. Can't complain at that price

EDIT3: Rang Greenlight again to see if they could better 649, and they could - 640 with 275 excess. So rung A-Plan again to see if they could match/better that (worst case scenario was a £9 saving, although potentially could be a higher saving). They just rung back and matched the 640 with a 250 excess, so said "yes please"

They've been insuring Scooby's for years, and are now breaking into the CTR market so I would urge you all to give them a ring.

They've saved me £381 which I can put towards presents for myself :woot:

Checked around again this year, but again A-Plan came out the cheapest!

Took the plunge, and had Kpro installed this week :twisted:, and so have just updated my policy. Premium increase was £75 - although this was because my milage was "slightly" out (i've unknowingly done almost twice as many as I'm insured for :smt053).

However, that's now all sorted, and I can breathe a sigh of relief. It was one thing that i didn't think to check at renewal time (declared annual milage at start of policy compared to actual milage at end of policy)

Darn these Euro Tours, future meets section, and the general adrenaline rush of VTEC

I contacted A-Plan a while ago but I did not think that they were that competitive for drivers with low no claims discount. But they did suggest other possible companies.

Mossy, did you speak to Anne Therese for your discounts or someone else?

Just had my renewal and I'm shopping around for the best price/cover

Last edited by a moderator:
I phoned A Plan up yesterday for a quote. They said they would call back with some prices but obviously couldn't bother their ass.

Cracking customer service if you ever need to claim:rolleyes:

Well they called me back and gave me a brilliant quote and easy payment options, good enough for me to stay with them for another year :)

I phoned A Plan up yesterday for a quote. They said they would call back with some prices but obviously couldn't bother their ass.

Cracking customer service if you ever need to claim:rolleyes:

Not very good when yo uhave to complain, they are supposidly looking in to my claim but never heard anything :evil:

Everyone was recommending them but they could not get within £100 of my best quote and a worst excess

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive only ever found their customer services to be spot on!

I have 3 policies with them now, all with the Special Schemes dept as they are all imports. Ask for Lee or Darren.

GTR is in Caz's name 5 years NCB £1200 (partly due to Skyline Tax and partly to do with the extensive mod list & rollcage)

EK9 in my name 0 NCB (they took my 8 years company insurace into consideration thou). £445

AE86 in my name same as above - £459 (pretty much everyone I rang decided the car doesnt exist!)

Ive only ever found their customer services to be spot on!

I have 3 policies with them now, all with the Special Schemes dept as they are all imports. Ask for Lee or Darren.

GTR is in Caz's name 5 years NCB £1200 (partly due to Skyline Tax and partly to do with the extensive mod list & rollcage)

EK9 in my name 0 NCB (they took my 8 years company insurace into consideration thou). £445

AE86 in my name same as above - £459 (pretty much everyone I rang decided the car doesnt exist!)

£2k insurance for the 3 cars is a fantastic bit of business Andy. :twisted:

Some people pay close to that for an EP3!!!! :eek: :lol:

Looking good so far - £100 cheaper than my renewal quote. Got a bit of ringing around to do and will see if adding the fiancée helps reduce the premium.

Fingers crossed

Looking good so far - £100 cheaper than my renewal quote. Got a bit of ringing around to do and will see if adding the fiancée helps reduce the premium.

Fingers crossed

Fiancée pushes up the quote a fraction but mentioning this forums knocks the cover for me down to saving of £150 over my adrian flux renewal.

It's a no brainer :D

Has anyone actually had any experience claiming from A-Plan? It's all well and good having a cheap quote but I dont really want the grief if they turn out to be cow-boys, (alleged Adrian Flux stylie). I was gonna go with Direct Line at £918 (24, 2yrs NCB) but then I mentioned I had rear tinted windows and they told me to f*** off cos I was under 25! Tesco is the next best at under £1k - bit scared of going with a small company tbh. I'm picking my CTR up from Alan Day on Friday so trying to get sorted asap.

Mossy is/was with A-Plan and he had to make a claim in the floods a couple of months back

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47384&page=2
Yep - had no probs with them.

Only points i'd make are:

1) When my car was written off, I only had 30 days to find a replacement vehicle before my policy was cancelled (so 30 days later the policy was duly cancelled) Not sure whether this is std, or specific to Groupama (who were the insurers), but I lost the last 2.5 months of my policy.

2) Because this was classed as "my fault" (simply because no other party was involved), then I couldn't get a courtesy car from either the insurance company or my local dealer - which made it even more difficult looking for a replacement (I live on my own, and work away from home mon-fri).

That said, A-plan will probably be my brokers for my replacement car when it's finally on the road (getting MOT'd today).

Back