• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. shaw8391

Mikey81's - 2008 S2000

Looks nice mate I miss my Ctr when ever I see a good looking example
  2. shaw8391

Valuation input please....

I would source some ukdm mats and sell jdm separately, I got just over £115 posted for mine, in terms of value I got £5k for mine on 05 with 52k from a dealer as a trade in. However there doesn't seem to be many in the Market for performance cars with high petrol prices and being so close to...
  3. shaw8391

facelift or not

Milanochris is selling a mint ep3 I think it's a pre face lift but has had facelift lights fitted, if you don't have a very big budget then you need to make sure you find one that has been well looked after
  4. shaw8391

Oil questions and recommendations here

Hi, sorry not regarding a type r, but wondered if you could recommend what oil will be ok for BMW 330ci just to keep as a top up Thanks
  5. shaw8391

My Alabaster Silver FN2 CTR GT

Looks nice mate, love silver ctrs fastest colour!
  6. shaw8391

My Civic Mugen type R FN2...

The mugen type r had 237 bhp the mugen 200 had LSD and cosmetic changes but engine unchanged at 198 bhp
  7. shaw8391

Finally my Milano **Interior and Front Bumper Update**

Looks good mate, I think the new interior suits it! Still really enjoying mine, looks great in satin! Not too sure about the badge issue, how was it fixed on before? Paint looks a good job too, though I'm sure colour difference is clearer in person, what a faff the interior swap was, 2 hours max...
  8. shaw8391

Type r seats - EP3

Can't see how it could be done as the back is raised it's only a bench in the back
  9. shaw8391

Any good for tall drivers? ctr - £4-5k version

Im 6'3 and I find there is tons of room but only thing I can say is just go try one to get a feel for it. I believe you can lower the seats with different rails to gain extra room
  10. shaw8391

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

Great sticky! Car developed a rattle at 3k so will be checking this straight away! Do you have to remove it to know if it is this or if my mate revs engine while I look will I be able to see anything before removing?
  11. shaw8391

Civic type r facelift ep2 shape

Try the search function mate theres a few threads on this, off top of my head; seats and door cards, wingmirrors, front bumper, headlights, rear lights, larger Honda badge, lighter flywheel, and fl slightly lower but probably missed a few so have a search
  12. shaw8391

FN2 59 plate vs 11 plate CTR GT - Any differences as in a "facelift" for example...

I think the ctr got LSD as standard on a 10 plate+
  13. shaw8391

19" range alloys (swap)

*right
  14. shaw8391

My 55 Civic Type R Final addition

Very nice mate! Don't particularly like the type r badge on the dash but each to their own! Nice colour I like cosmic ep3s 2nd fastest colour
  15. shaw8391

Air induction noise

Totally agree! I'm actually saving for one now!
  16. shaw8391

Air induction noise

Sorry, last thing any cleaning tips for cleaning the filter
  17. shaw8391

Air induction noise

Cheers pal, so is it just a case of opening casing (presume it's just clips) removing filter and cleaning?
  18. shaw8391

Air induction noise

Haha thanks for quick replys guys! I'm sure it's not just in my head (well did until got that convinced I drove everywhere today with no Music) it's just the OEM air filter, I'm sure it was changed last service (jan2011)
  19. shaw8391

Air induction noise

Evening ladies and gents! Just a quick question the induction whine in my ep3 is not as loud a s once was is this a sign of a fault or anything?
  20. shaw8391

Spare Dashboard Button

Nightmare if you bought car thinking it had A/C
  21. shaw8391

Chase's Milano Prem Still not SOLD ! new plans

Read entire thread and your car build is awesome!
  22. shaw8391

Starter button

Hi guys Just been reading threads on the s2000 starter button and have decided to give it ago! My question is which is the correct one to buy? Many have said the official Honda one but many replicas look exactly the same on eBay,I want to make sure I buy the right one with everything needed...
  23. shaw8391

Finally my Milano **Interior and Front Bumper Update**

Just looked over entire thread and car looks amazing mate
  24. shaw8391

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

Gains suggest gruppe m or tegiwa copy
  25. shaw8391

m1ke's CW FL DC5. No wait, CW JDM DC2, No wait, JRSC EP3, No wait CRV M3 FN2.....

Hard choice to be made, I was looking at the mps but £400+ for road tax for a Mazda hatch put me off!
  26. shaw8391

Type R Number 2

Looks good! I keep seriously thinking about getting one of these still quick plus a few luxuries!! Enjoy!
  27. shaw8391

ep3 sat nav

If you mean the ones on eBay which are an unheard of brand? I thought about getting one but if it looks too good to be true it probably is I don't have any experience with them but they seem a bit too cheap to do all they claim to and do it well. Spend a bit more and get a quality piecenof kit...
  28. shaw8391

ep3 sat nav

I would get a aftermarket double din unit with sat nav as then if there is anything else you would like from a head unit you can choose a model to suit your needs i.e. Bluetooth calls and streaming music and/or iPod connectivity check on eBay I got a great jvc unit and its excellent, search on...
  29. shaw8391

new ctr

Nice looking car mate I really like the leather seats! What exhaust is on it?
  30. shaw8391

Nashy's NHB EP3 - now CW FN2

Looking good mate!
  31. shaw8391

Insurance costs for people under 25

As above it is all to do with several factors though a major factor seems to be post code and job I'm 22 and paying ~£800 a year fully comp but my insurance quote was noticeably different when I became a qualified teacher from a student
  32. shaw8391

wiiikco ep3 R

Keep me informed as I want!!!!
  33. shaw8391

wiiikco ep3 R

Nice looking car mate! Love the leather interior sooo want it for mine if you ever fancy a change send me pm!!!
  34. shaw8391

Renewal time.

I had a similar situation when I renewed bell put my insurance up over £100 which annoyed me straight off! Rang up saying I wasn't going to renew as it was ridiculous and they ended up dropping the renewal price by £150!
  35. shaw8391

double din, jap feel

It's the jvc nx7000 range I'm not any where near my pc so can't upload pics but there's a picture of one with fascia off on google images but if you want pm your number and I'll mms you a couple of pics if you want of the headunit?
  36. shaw8391

double din, jap feel

Yes the one Iv got the fascia comes off or you can fix it not to
  37. shaw8391

Double din head unit

Yes mate and it's awesome saw your other thread and if your thinking of getting one I would 100% recommend getting one or similar!
  38. shaw8391

double din, jap feel

And mine tilts so I'm sure it will and is iPod compatible so can control select playlist etc from the monitor the sat nav is also excellent!
  39. shaw8391

double din, jap feel

I have a similar model to the jvc one and it's excellent the unit itself fits in the gap though the surround which hides the gaps either side hangs over but still looks really good I would definatley recommend I think ctr bud has pictures of his pioneer one fitted he helped me massively when I...
  40. shaw8391

'05 Satin Silver EP3- #wheels and springs fitted#

Nice car in the best colour! Enjoy!
  41. shaw8391

My NHB FN2

Really like it mate looks spot on!
  42. shaw8391

FN2 Test drive and opinions please

I'm really warming to the fn2! I love silver type r's I like the way the red badge stands off them and the type r decal on the skirts! I would agree not to go for the rage wheels they look too big in my opinion and can't really fault the look of the 18"
  43. shaw8391

Anyone got a private number plate?

I have one I got it for my 21st I wanted one with only 5 digits I think they look much better and can't be mistaken for a regular plate!
  44. shaw8391

how much??? i know only 40k miles but come on!!!!!!!!

Bit steep!! I paid much less for 05 plate with 36k!
  45. shaw8391

My Pre-facelift NHB

Looks good mate
  46. shaw8391

Sprayed centre of dash

Really like that! Looks good mate!
  47. shaw8391

Robins- Satin CTR- Vid and Pic of Tegiwa Airbox

looks smart mate is there any noticable difference in performance?
  48. shaw8391

Coolant tank

How much will I be looking at if you know?
  49. shaw8391

Coolant tank

Got a small hole in my coolant tank it's above the minimum level so no big risk yet but i'm hoping to replace it asap anyone know of any aftermarket ones if any exist and any prices? Thanks guys!
  50. shaw8391

Steering rack or clutch release bearing or gearbox?????????

:smt023:changed all break pads which really needed doing and up to now I have heard no noise so may of cured it thanks again guys!!:smt023:
  51. shaw8391

Getting the brakes done today but showed the video to mechanic on my phone who said that was the noise he heard briefly and said he still thinks its either a gear box bearing or clutch release bearing??
  52. shaw8391

Bens - Civic Type R EP3 NHB Orange Monster

^^ I thought face lift models didnt have indicators on the body?
  53. shaw8391

Really appreciate the help guys! im going to get brakes done and get tyres checked!!
  54. shaw8391

could it be tyre pressure? trying to cross off the things to check!
  55. shaw8391

Ahh right Thanks for clearing that up!
  56. shaw8391

I find i only make the noise when on the move not at low speeds i.e. when parking or pulling out!
  57. shaw8391

Thanks dotty but what exactly am i listening for cant really make much out! So just been out again and it would seem that when I apply the brakes the noise stops if that helps?
  58. shaw8391

But i dont understand how it could be my brakes im not applying them! and it doesnt make the noise when applying the brakes in a straight line! I am due them changing though!
  59. shaw8391

No I dont think so Ill double check later though
  60. shaw8391

So you dont think its a gear box bearing or steering rack or clutch bearing?
  61. shaw8391

It does!! Im quite interested to know how the sound compares to people with suspected steering rack problem or clutch release bearing!
  62. shaw8391

do you mean does it happen when i brake? because that would be a no!
  63. shaw8391

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-P1poCFwHw So this is the improved vid, Its going round a roundabout and then the noise stops when turning off (turning wheel left) thoughts?
  64. shaw8391

in process of uploading new one to youtube!
  65. shaw8391

This is old one will get new one up!
  66. shaw8391

so just going to try and upload a new improved video which captures the grinds pretty well! Now iv had someone in the carwho has noticed the noise its definatly when turn right but noise is from the left?! Oh and Iv described it as a grind were as she said its a high pitched grind or squelly noise!
  67. shaw8391

ill try just listened to it I can tell but sound quality not brilliant so might try again later with a passenger but we'll see! Still makes noise regardless of clutch being pressed or not, sometimes noise carries on after straightened up but only got to turn wheel to left slightly and it goes so...
  68. shaw8391

Just done one on iphone but not sure how to upload it!
  69. shaw8391

Hi guys Im really stuck, I started hearing a grinding noise in my type r but only when turn right, I took it to the garage and they said they think its the clutch release bearing? I dont no much about cars but I want to make sure I dont pay £500 for something not causing the grinding noise! Iv...
  70. shaw8391

Not quite sure what's wrong!

Been Reading other posts and I think the creaking is the steering rack though sods law it grinds all the way home but then soon as the old man gets in to listen not a single noise!!!! I'm worried the garage won't hear it and tell me there's nothing wrong! Will they be able to identify the...
  71. shaw8391

So I didn't have time to video the car this morning but it seemed ok ....untill! I park in a mult story car park so i had to put the window to get entry ticket and never put it up but when I turn right I hear a kind of grinding noise but it sounds like it's from the back!!!? Don't no if it's a...
  72. shaw8391

I'll give it a go and post it up could it be anything to do with the air filter?
  73. shaw8391

Anyone else have any ideas?
  74. shaw8391

I can only Just look under it but were bouts would I be looking exactly? Is it a easy fix?
  75. shaw8391

Yeah oil levels fine dotty
  76. shaw8391

Basically my engine seems to sound louder recently as if the exhaust is blowing but I don't think it's the exhaust plus the vtec doesn't seem to have as strong a kick iv checked the oil levels and that's not it any ideas?
  77. shaw8391

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

All we need is a dyno print out and then we'll know if it's as good as it could be
  78. shaw8391

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

Any chance u could do before and after with just the tegiwa?? Only messing be good to see!
  79. shaw8391

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

Only one way to settle this if anyone wants to volunteer to send me their GM and tegiwa I will happily compare! Lol! It will be interesting to see results of both!!
  80. shaw8391

Robins- Satin CTR- Vid and Pic of Tegiwa Airbox

Welcome!! Let me know how you get on with the tegiwa, im interested in it also!!
  81. shaw8391

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

That would be good an unbiased view! do you know who it was and when they ordered it?
  82. shaw8391

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

I can see why people would stick with the gruppe but if the tegiwa are as good as they look, and when results begin to appear (if they give similar results) surely then they will become a possible alternative? I would jump at a cheap gruppe m, but part of me still doesnt want to pay over £500...
  83. shaw8391

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

Was wondering if anyone had tried it or knew if any dyno results were available as if it delivers similar gains it could be a cheap alternative
  84. shaw8391

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

Anyone know much about these are they any good? I can't find any results on them!
  85. shaw8391

Arrrghh Which Headunit?

Iv had 2 jvc units and both have been excellent I prefer the look of the jvc one too!
  86. shaw8391

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

21 wen I got my ep3 I'm 22 now but I'm definatly hooked on vtech!! Insurance is ok I paid 870 (if I remember right)
  87. shaw8391

Double din head unit

Still waiting for the trim to arrive, but looking square on at the unit it doesnt seem to sit dead straight, but when i fixed it to the cage the holes lined up? anyone else had this problem?
  88. shaw8391

Double din head unit

It should of done mate so emailed who I got the unit off and their sending it over should be here tomoro I just hope it'll cover the gaps enough!! I meant the double din facia costs £40!!
  89. shaw8391

Double din head unit

yeah its all secure and screwed in and no movement in the unit! i hope it covers it I had a single din fascia for my sony head unit and the colour match was non existant and £40 :eek:!
  90. shaw8391

Double din head unit

[/IMG] [/IMG] So the unit should of come with a trim surround which should arrive tommorrow now! But if this doesnt solve the problem i think i may have to buy a bloody £40 fascia :evil: Ever get the feeling you hadn't bothered! :)
  91. shaw8391

Double din head unit

Right been fitting my jvc unit but there are gaps at all sides between it and the centre console but its a double din unit and i thought the type r had space for a double din unit!!! STRESS!
  92. shaw8391

Double din head unit

Thanks mate I'll see how I get on when it arrives!!
  93. shaw8391

Double din head unit

is it the same guide as replacing the standard unit, but also remove the tray? is there many screws etc and easy to fix the cage in place?
  94. shaw8391

Double din head unit

thanks guys ctr_bud your head unit looks sweet, it looks like it sits flush! was it difficult to to fit?
  95. shaw8391

Double din head unit

So just bought a JVC sat nav head unit so now I have to ask the question, fascia or no fascia?! I asked this when fitting my aftermarket single din unit! But what are your thoughts oh and any pics would be appreciated! Thanks James
  96. shaw8391

Milano Premier Purchased! Pictures NOW HERE!! Page 3, 7 & 8!!!

Gorgeous car love the seats suits very well, I wouldn't paint the wheels black though but your call!
  97. shaw8391

Double din head unit

ok thanks neily, regarding the units themselves what do you all think of the ones on ebay? are they too good to be true for £250 ish you get sat nav and dvd player with blue tooth!
Back