• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double din head unit

Hey Guys Im thinking of buying a double din head unit probably with sat nav etc, my question is will any double din unit fit the ep3? Im not overly bothered about a fascia as long as there is no gaps between the unit and the centre console! If anyone has got any pictures of theirs fitted, (Fascias or not) would be appreciated or any units you could recommend?
Thanks Guys

James

The hole in the EP3 dash is double-DIN, you just need to take the tray out from under the single-DIN unit.

ok thanks neily, regarding the units themselves what do you all think of the ones on ebay? are they too good to be true for £250 ish you get sat nav and dvd player with blue tooth!

For a double din with sat-nav I'd expect to pay £450 at the bottom end of your options, with £5/600 being more realistic for a good quality unit, but you can spend nye on £1500 on one if you're that way inclined..!

So just bought a JVC sat nav head unit so now I have to ask the question, fascia or no fascia?! I asked this when fitting my aftermarket single din unit! But what are your thoughts oh and any pics would be appreciated!

Thanks
James

So just bought a JVC sat nav head unit so now I have to ask the question, fascia or no fascia?! I asked this when fitting my aftermarket single din unit! But what are your thoughts oh and any pics would be appreciated!

Thanks
James

No facia for single or double DIN, they look crap.

No facia for single or double DIN, they look crap.

+1 they look gay and make the headunit look out of place

Just to give you an idea of a double din unit without a facia

Here mine

cd15a672.jpg

thanks guys ctr_bud your head unit looks sweet, it looks like it sits flush! was it difficult to to fit?

Its a very easy job, just take your time with it. Its more scary than difficult. Looks a mess when you rip out your center console

Get a kenwood buddy so you can do things like this :)

100_1133.jpg

Civic Backround :)

is it the same guide as replacing the standard unit, but also remove the tray? is there many screws etc and easy to fix the cage in place?

is it the same guide as replacing the standard unit, but also remove the tray? is there many screws etc and easy to fix the cage in place?

If your fitting a double din unit you wont need the cage. Theres a cage / Bracket with is attacthed to the back of the center unit. Just mount your unit in and place the screws through the bracket and into your headunit.

To remove the tray its just a few screws and it pops out, its a bit fiddly but it wont take long. The hardest bit is getting the center console out

if you get stuck drop me a PM,

Search one google. Civic type r headunit removal

Right been fitting my jvc unit but there are gaps at all sides between it and the centre console but its a double din unit and i thought the type r had space for a double din unit!!! STRESS!

Right been fitting my jvc unit but there are gaps at all sides between it and the centre console but its a double din unit and i thought the type r had space for a double din unit!!! STRESS!

Put some photos up

IMG_00151.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_00131.jpg
[/IMG]

So the unit should of come with a trim surround which should arrive tommorrow now! But if this doesnt solve the problem i think i may have to buy a bloody £40 fascia :evil:

Ever get the feeling you hadn't bothered! :)

yeah its all secure and screwed in and no movement in the unit! i hope it covers it I had a single din fascia for my sony head unit and the colour match was non existant and £40 :eek:!

Blimey, sod paying that for a fascia. I wouldnt have bothered if mine didnt come with one, fortunately the previous owner cba to get it out and left it in for me

Back