• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. FN2

FN2 Thinking of buying my first type-R but something's bugging me

The dash rattling was intermittent and seemed to be coming from different areas each time, it has calmed down a lot and doesn't happen so much anymore. I'm still uncertain what is was/is but the areas I believe you should check are the tweeter speakers on the upper part of the doors, the rev...
  2. FN2

Not a problem bud, just thought I'd put it out there as I'm selling ;-) Also bear in mind that decent tyres for the rages will cost from £170 upwards each. Rages are also known to corrode so if you do find one within warranty, demand that they are replaced. I did the same and got a fresh set of...
  3. FN2

hi bud, just another thing to look out for... make sure the valve clearances check was done at the 25k service. also I am selling my 58 plate fn2 GT with nav/hft and 19" rages. it's milano red though and has 39k miles but am willing to let it go for a good price if you're interested?
  4. FN2

FN2 footwell light is loose

i've sorted this out now, just a case of tugging a little harder on the clips to get the panel off. A loose screw was the culprit for the light moving out of place.
  5. FN2

FN2 footwell light is loose

Hi guys, a few days ago I noticed that the footwell light in the passenger side of my fn2 wasn't on but then discovered that it was on but it had sunk in behind its plastic housing. Any ideas how I can get the housing off and put the light back in place? Muchas gracias in advance! Mel
  6. FN2

general faults

yep, it's there most of the time, I've since figured out that the interference is linked to the phone being within half a metre of the microphone (in the roof lining). I now have to put the phone in the seat pocket behind the front passenger seat for the noise to be reduced to a bearable amount...
  7. FN2

general faults

yep, new phone and buzzing still there, another trip to the dealers.
  8. FN2

Clicking noise

are you driving an FN2?
  9. FN2

general faults

i've checked it, the phone's compatible and does actually work but the problem is the sound for the person on the other end of the phone, they hear a persistant buzzing noise, 2 Honda dealers can't find fault with the system, my upgrade due in a couple of weeks so we'll find out if it's the...
  10. FN2

general faults

most of the problems sorted. the squeeky clutch was fixed by replacing the master cylinder, the click sound was coming from the suspension and has been tightened up. rear pads replaced, fronts were ok. they couldn't find fault with the HFT and suggested that it could be my phone so i need to...
  11. FN2

general faults

I'd love to be able to do it myself but lack the knowledge and confidence to even attempt it. That was nice of Halfords, I wonder if they would 'loan' me some oil......:lol:
  12. FN2

general faults

Excellent, I forgot about this, I was expecting it to be more for some reason... Thanks!
  13. FN2

general faults

That's ok, I just hope they can sort it to be honest, it's an annoying sound. Any ideas what should I be paying for a set of brake pads all round?
  14. FN2

general faults

Sweet, thanks! Any ideas on the really loud click on take off?
  15. FN2

general faults

Hi guys, I've got a few niggles with my fn2, just wondering if anyone can shed some light.... a loud click every so often from the front of the car when I'm taking off either in first or reverse a squeeky clutch peddle and bluetooth (HFT) buzzing for the person on the other end of the...
  16. FN2

FN2 Advice please

I have mine up for sale? 58 plate milano with 30k though... no stonechips, had the front sprayed in October. Happy to send you pics if you're interested? Take a look at my post on the for sale section. Will consider offers and will happily take a beating if it is not as described.
  17. FN2

FN2 FN2 Type R Questions

erm.... don't know if you've already bought but I'm selling mine... let me know if you're interested. Willing to consider offers. thanks. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?73818-HONDA-CIVIC-Type-R-GT-Milano-Red-2008-30k-£13700ono
  18. FN2

FN2 Type R 2 year 25k Service

Yep £310 all in, can't complain........much! I'm def not handy with mechanical stuff! Best I leave it to the "professionals", they know what they're doing(!) Haha! Just noticed our cars are twins........ both 58 plates in milano red with a GP front skirt & with similar miles.
  19. FN2

Guys, thanks for this info, spoke to Honda UK yesterday and they take upto 3 days to deal with each query but my car is booked in for tomorrow! Told the dealer about this and they have finally agreed to include this in my 25k service. I don't actually know the significance of valve clearance but...
  20. FN2

Cheers Loxy, just got off the phone to them, they won't budge, even put me on the phone to their technician who tried to convince me I was wrong! Gonna try contact Honda UK and speak to someone there.
  21. FN2

I've got my car booked in for it's 25k - 2nd year service on Thursday. They're doing £205 for the standard Air, Pollen, Oil etc, but no mention on valve clearances. So I called them up just now and they've said that on the older EP3 it was every 25k and on the FN2 it's at 62.5k......... I remain...
  22. FN2

FN2 front and rear Gloss Black

Guys, can anybody tell me where I can get this mugen front and rear for my car? Any recommendations or prices would help too! Cheers, MM
  23. FN2

ipod connection

i got honda to supply and fit their ipod kit to mine and it works fine. Only disappointed about not being able to have a fully integrated kit that displays track names etc.
  24. FN2

my new FN2

the built in nav is one of the best i've used! The time thing is hilarious, but the funniest thing about it is how long it takes to react with an answer when you ask!
  25. FN2

how u getting on mate?

how u getting on mate?
  26. FN2

milano red FN2

They do look smart! Hmmm...!
  27. FN2

milano red FN2

i will think about painting them red to match body colour, need some minor paintwork done soon so will probably kill two birds.(not literally)
  28. FN2

milano red FN2

no immediate plans but certainly looking for ideas..........?
  29. FN2

milano red FN2

yeah it doesn't do the ride any good but i am willing to sacrifice the ride for a little while until i find a suitable alternative. they do look sexy though.
  30. FN2

milano red FN2

You're quite right, thanks mate.
  31. FN2

milano red FN2

Sorry mate, i don't know how. I don't use the site a lot and haven't been here long. I'm sure I will learn with time. Thanks though.
  32. FN2

milano red FN2

new shots my FN2 new shots, more coming........
  33. FN2

milano red FN2

took some new pics of my baby this sunny weekend, thought I'd share them.... considering some styling options, suggestions welcome. mel
  34. FN2

FN2 how many miles on a full tank

i've tried to control myself every time I fill up by telling myself that I will try to get the most economy out of this tank, I just can't do it. I get 250+/- miles out of the tank everytime so not too bad
  35. FN2

Oh and did they fit the badge for you? and how much?

Oh and did they fit the badge for you? and how much?
  36. FN2

Sounds cool, what LEDs did u get and where from? Did you fit them yourself? I want to change my...

Sounds cool, what LEDs did u get and where from? Did you fit them yourself? I want to change my sidelights too, they're naff.
  37. FN2

ipod connect

I've got a solution for my problem finally (I hope). I went to the dealer that fitted it yesterday and it would seem that they fitted one for the standard car and not the one specific to the nav/hft. They are taking the car in next week to replace the duff one. Hopefully this will work! Muchas...
  38. FN2

how's the new baby?

how's the new baby?
  39. FN2

One thread's enough

I have a Dice Adaptor fitted to my FN2 Type R with Navigation and can play tracks from my ipod/iphone but only in Alphabetical order and cannot display track names or any info on the nav screen. It just says "extension" on the nav screen and track number on the secondary screen to the right...
  40. FN2

ipod connect

i had a "dice" ipod apadtor fitted to my car from the dealer and am finding it difficult to choose tracks or playlists I want. It's very random! Is there another type of adaptor I can have fitted that will allow me to do this and if possible via the navigation screen? I have both ipod and iphone...
  41. FN2

my new FN2

it's 18 months old and I had a choice between a black one with just the GT spec or this one with the 19" rages, tints, nav & hft. I drove them both and the 18's definately rode better but I was willing to sacrifice the ride short term to see if I can live with it day-to-day. I may end up selling...
  42. FN2

my new FN2

my new baby
Back