• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

£200 remap, 30 hp and 50 torque aparently?

Hi

I just got a quote from a place near me that are stating they can re-map my standard ep3. All i have on the ep3 is an aem v2.

They are claiming the gains from a remap will be "massive" and i will gain 30bhp and up to 50lbs of torque.

I was under the assumption that you couldn't get your car mapped unless you had upgraded the parts? exhaust/manifold etc?

Is this possible?
cheers guys

You can get good gains from a remap on a OEM car, just not what they are claiming.

The gains would be in the midrange too.

Hi Frankie,

You'd gain 30-37bhp and torque gains would be a massive 50-60NM. We'd
charge £199.00 for this remap if you come to us, however we can offer a
mobile service at a small additional cost.

Where abouts are you located?

For bookings, please call us on ******** or if you can reply with a
contact number, a member of our team will call you back.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards,
Support Team

--
On a side note, if you get a chance, head over to our facebook fan page
here: ************

We'd love to hear from you and maybe get a review to share with others
your experience with our company.

>
> Hi i've got a 2004 Honda Civic type-r ep3.
>
> I was wondering how much it would be for a remap and also the sort of
> gains you would expect from it with bhp and torque.
>
> cheers
> Frankie

> Hi i've got a 2004 Honda Civic type-r ep3.
>
> I was wondering how much it would be for a remap and also the sort of
> gains you would expect from it with bhp and torque.
>
> cheers
> Frankie

The original email suggests to me that you're looking for a remap only, not a k100/kpro and remap as you'd need. If you wish to confirm this you could email them back and ask if the remap could be done on a standard ECU as you're unsure. IMO they simply read your email like you've got a programmable ECU already and are just after a remap.

How they can claim to be able to gain x and y without knowing what modifications you've got if any is bollocks though

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many tuners here in Belgium, charging around 500£ for a tune on a CTR, weird though when you ask them about kpro/k100/dastec, they never heard of it... Just plug it in the computer and ... +20BHP...
Why aren't these guys in jail, I wonder evey day...

So that's why I pay the extra 300£, get a hondata and a map in the UK...

Don't go cheap on a remap, it can f*** your engine!

Tell him it's a Civic, again. He clearly thinks it's a 1.8T or something, those figures are near identical to the sort of gains you got on the AGU engines. :lol:

Well... just a Kpro ECU and a proper tune on the stock K20 engine nets major gains compared to what the motor makes from factory. 20whp I think is do-able but you wont gain 50tq... and no where near it especially from a 2.0 litre. Also, your gains depends on what the car can physically do, there are a lot of bottle necks that can cause you to not gain at all, or very little... like exhaust sizing, intake etc etc.

Anyone who throws out figures like that is talking crap.

I got 40bhp and 32lbs ft of Torque from my remap, however thats with a k100 and other supporting mods... Ambitious springs to mind!

I'd be sh1tting myself letting them loose on my car. £200 is a joke for a remap, for a proper job with a reputable mapper you are looking at least £450ish. That way you can guarantee no blow ups 5 miles down the road :D

Just emailed them again, check this out...

Hi Frankie,

I can confirm these gains are for a standard vehicle with no modifications.

For bookings & more information, please call us on ******** or if you
can respond with a contact number, a member of our team will call you
back.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards,
Support Team

--
On a side note, if you get a chance, head over to our facebook fan page
here:

We'd love to hear from you and maybe get a review to share with others
your experience with our company.

>
> Hi there,
>
> I recently made an enquiry on getting my 2004 EP3 CTR Remapped.
>
> I was quoted £199 for a remap, which would give from around 30-36 BHP and
> around 50-60NM's of torque!
>
> I am thinking of getting it done this month, however i just want to
> confirm that those gains are based on remapping a completely standard EP3
> type-r.
> The only modification that i have is an AEM v2 Cold air intake. I do not
> have the K1000 superchip, exhaust, manifold etc.
>
> Could you please confirm.
>
> Kind regards,
> Frankie

what a load of crap... 30bhp? Is that all? I can give you 31BHP for 199£ NAH!

Above, you see a perfect example of internet tuners...
Probably have never seen a combustion engine from within 3meters, just looking at the £££ you've got in your wallet...

I'm willing to drive 50miles, take a train under the sea, drive another 100miles, get my car done for around 800£, drive 100miles back, take that train again, and... drive 50mile home again... FOR WHAT? FOR 40BHP FOR SURE (sorry for the caps MilanoChris)

FrankstaH, do what's good for your engine, listen to the people on this forum if you want your CTR to live for long and happy after...

I am going to listen dont worry, i just thought it was funny what they offered.

I think im saying for a k100 and getting it tuned with CPL Racing. They quoted me like £800 for the k100 and tuning.

I am going to listen dont worry, i just thought it was funny what they offered.

I think im saying for a k100 and getting it tuned with CPL Racing. They quoted me like £800 for the k100 and tuning.

Seems more reasonable :)

I was planning on CPL as well, but after reading too much on here... was thinking of taking it to eurospec2000...

Don't get me wrong, and I sure don't want to shame CPL, but too many bad posts on this forum...

hmmm haha, dont give me doubts!!! What have you heard? Just a general gist will be nice... I dont want to go digging through the forums :p

So far I've read:

*I've know a guy, and his friend's sister has blown her engine after 15miles
*they go for peak power, but leave you with a bad tuned engine
*240 on dyno, 230 for real

Like I said, I don't want to shame them as I have no experience with them. Just what I've read...
On the other side... There are 100's of people praising them!

My point is... 1000 people write a comment, the 10 bad comments go around the world wide web, while the 990 others don't stick to our minds :)

I know, I'm not being helpful :) I'm seeing eurospec2000, as it seems taking the channel train is cheaper than the ramsgate ferry, so eurospec2000 is the better choise (south of london if I'm not mistaken)

Back