• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

£700 down but happy

Yes just ordered a DC sports cat back and AEM CAI for the CTR. I think its money well spent and I hope they mate together well!

What do you think of the choice??

BHP gains - 5 say

cheers guys

If it doesn't rain it's a good choice.

lol dont say that nick, Im on the edge of my seat hoping Ive made the right decision, Is it worth buying a hydro shield thing for a bit of protection, I know its not going to be water tight but should help................hopefully

Ive got no intentions of bog snorkling in the car so should be o.k

The filter is paper rather than the pre oiled mesh because its the newer model so Is that a bit dodgy you think????

Nice choice of exhaust. I'm after one atm but i'm hoping another one comes up second hand or if enough people are interested i might start contacting companies re a group buy.

Enjoy the noise :D

Moved.

There is a whole section dedicated to exhausts on the forum.

Please use the correct section for your posts. It makes it far easier for other users to navigate around the forum.

lol dont say that nick, Im on the edge of my seat hoping Ive made the right decision, Is it worth buying a hydro shield thing for a bit of protection, I know its not going to be water tight but should help................hopefully

Ive got no intentions of bog snorkling in the car so should be o.k

The filter is paper rather than the pre oiled mesh because its the newer model so Is that a bit dodgy you think????

I won't risk engine damage by using a system which is made in the US and is flawed (IMO) for use over here, especially with summer coming to an end.

The hydrosock doesn't help either, I read a recent thread on CTRO where hydrolock had occured with a hydrosock in place, covering a soaking wet filter.

The AEM CAI is a great system, but only in dry conditions.

Just do a Nick and sell it before you fit it, no worries about rain then.

Nice choice of exhaust. I'm after one atm but i'm hoping another one comes up second hand or if enough people are interested i might start contacting companies re a group buy.

Enjoy the noise :D

Cheers danny, Ive been hoping to purchase a exhaust for like 4 months so heard good right ups on the dc and a tidy price so had to go for it. I posted a topic "bitten the bullet" saying I was buying a spoon system.........untill I saw the price!!!!!!

Il try and post a vid of the sound for you when Ive fitted it.

For the time being listen to the note of this fn2 ctr with AEM CAI and DC cat bank......Its mint!!!!

easily on par with the spoon system imo.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Honda-Civic-TypeR-sound_167473.htm

Cheers danny, Ive been hoping to purchase a exhaust for like 4 months so heard good right ups on the dc and a tidy price so had to go for it. I posted a topic "bitten the bullet" saying I was buying a spoon system.........untill I saw the price!!!!!!

Il try and post a vid of the sound for you when Ive fitted it.

For the time being listen to the note of this fn2 ctr with AEM CAI and DC cat bank......Its mint!!!!

easily on par with the spoon system imo.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Honda-Civic-TypeR-sound_167473.htm

Yeah if you could mate that'd be great. I've heard a couple of Youtube and it sounds pretty good. I've got a DC mani to fit aswell but i'm waiting until insurance time to fit it, i'm expecting it to be loud and sound sexy :twisted:

I won't risk engine damage by using a system which is made in the US and is flawed (IMO) for use over here, especially with summer coming to an end.

The hydrosock doesn't help either, I read a recent thread on CTRO where hydrolock had occured with a hydrosock in place, covering a soaking wet filter.

The AEM CAI is a great system, but only in dry conditions.

Just do a Nick and sell it before you fit it, no worries about rain then.

What do you mean flawed :confused:

Judging by peoples views and opinions on this forum..... Hydrolock ONLY occurs if the filter is submerged in water????
I know spray isnt good for it but shouldn't cause any major problems If you use your head in the wet weather.....

Ill soon find out I suppose

Ignore Nick, there won't be any trouble.

You really can't say that, unless you don't drive when it's raining or has been raining. To be fair, this limits your driving quite a bit.

I'm not saying it will happen, but running an AEM CAI is like playing with fire. You might get burnt, no matter how careful you are.

Yeah if you could mate that'd be great. I've heard a couple of Youtube and it sounds pretty good. I've got a DC mani to fit aswell but i'm waiting until insurance time to fit it, i'm expecting it to be loud and sound sexy :twisted:

have you listened to the video on streetfire.net?

Dc mani de cat and system will sound the nuts, I would expect it to be very loud.

Insurance will only go up a few £ I imagine, £15 - £30

I wpould not run an AEM, I did - you might and have no issues but after getting caught out in flash floods and heavy puddle.. Nah not a risk I want to take :smt023

Most people buy an AEM instead of a Gruppe M because they can't afford the Gruppe M. If you can't afford a Gruppe M, then you certainly can't afford a new engine.

Back