• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Never stumbled upon your thread before! Going to start using the site again now I've got some updates myself though!

Cars looking great, glad to hear the 100k maintenance went well, another 10k miles and it'll be my turn.

Definitely going to have to ask you to take pics of my car once my new exhaust is fitted, so much better than iPhone photos haha.

Hopefully you go forward with the K100, will really compliment all the mods you've done! You going to look into an RBC before the k100 or just go for it without?

Nice thread mate, see you in the new year!

Haha yeah dude I've never been too active on here, even when I had the Teg I was more on the ITR-DC2 forum, think I do have a thread on here for it though!

Yeah no problem, once the weather is a bit better we'll head out for some pictures one Saturday/Sunday. Even get some of the cosmic's together :) the timing chain & tensioner is a real good job done man, a big load off my mind!

I'm hoping I go for the k100 too, just need to be sure before I book it up. Excited just thinking about it to be honest haha, meant to transform the car especially with the modifications I've got on now! Think I'll skip the RBC at this point, the k100+map+dyno is already enough for me to spend haha!

Thankd dude, see you next year, have a good New Years!

Yeah dude, upon enquiring about the workthey quoted for the chain & tensioner plus labour and said the guides don't usually need replacing, so I took their advice and kept the extra money I was happy not to spend. Purely me taking advice from mechanics I trust mate, they know the cars from experience I don't have!

That's fair enough. But for not a great deal extra money to replace some brittle, plastic guides which if one was to break.. engine game over. Me personally it's false economy.
Anyway, for its mileage it looks a very tidy car

Yeah I get you dude, though I think something that sudden enough to snap these plastic guides is probably going to have a similar effect on a new set of guides too, one can only hope it doesn't happen. Each to their own though. We live and learn.

Thanks! Trying to keep it clean/simple and go for the 'OEM+' look, not to everyone's taste but i like it :)

Big Update:

Been a good start of the year for the Civic!

-At the end of last year I swapped the AD08R's to the rear to stop wearing them down as much, was actually surprised with the budgets in the wet as they were better than the Advan's! I then got the budgets replaced last week with two more AD08R's so I'm running them all round now, went for 215/45 this time and they seem to suit the car really well. Fill the arches nicely too which is a bonus!

-Last weekend (on my birthday funnily enough) I did another oil & filter change, been 11k miles since I did it last so it was needed. Good job done that.

-The car then ticked over 100,000 miles on Tuesday evening, the big milestone! Which means i've done over 13k miles in just over 8 months :)

-Then this Wednesday it was... K100 and mapping day! :D What a good day that was, headed down to Perfect Touch in Hoddesdon to meet Romain, a few hours later I left with a big smile on my face and a transformed car! I didn't really know what to expect as i'd not been in a k100'd EP3/DC5 before, but I was more than impressed, overwhelmed to be honest.

Mods: AEM V2 SRI, Japspeed 4-2-1 Decat & Tegiwa Catback.
Before: 215BHP
After: 231BHP/199WHP & 164lb/ft

32670828332_7930895e7f_c.jpg

Romain was impressed with the power made considering I don't have an RBC or similar Inlet fitted, as was I, seems the engine is quite a strong one! But dyno figures are dyno figures at the end of the day and it's really the way the car drives now that is what it's about. VTEC crosses over at 4K, the power comes in smooth but hard at just over 5K and she pulls all the way to about 8.5K (9K+ on the Tacho). The car really is much quicker, not only do I now have more power and torque, but it kicks in sooner and goes on for longer! Really is a great change, the car is much smoother when both cruising along and when stepping on it, sounds incredible and I do believe I'm using less fuel on my daily commute! It's only been two or so days so this is my initial impression, so i'll do an update/review of what the car is like with the k100 in the coming months.

Thanks so much to Romain for his time and excellent work! As well as Phil from Dream Automotive for sorting me out yet again! Much recommendations.

Can't wait for the better weather so I can really exploit the car at the current spec. She's now at a stage I'm really happy with, now it's just time to learn the car more, improve my driving skill with it and enjoy :D

Also went out to get an exhaust vid the other week after a few friends telling me i've been spitting flames out the back of the car... Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPaO_qbtmHo (excuse how dark it is, quiet roads at night yo)

Picture time;

32783594526_784bf0cbc2_c.jpg

32670827742_5576b05a8c_c.jpg

Now for the clean ones!
32664762696_ba30fc7cf7_c.jpg

32664765736_802c82f4f5_c.jpg

32664771996_66e0e049fb_c.jpg

31862340024_3c540ecd08_c.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Tom

That looks really good on the dyno curve. Bet you're very happy with that!

Did you get launch control and EML shift light as standard or is that an extra feature you have to ask for. Getting mine done soon, though with an RBC so just wondering what to expect!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

That looks really good on the dyno curve. Bet you're very happy with that!

Did you get launch control and EML shift light as standard or is that an extra feature you have to ask for. Getting mine done soon, though with an RBC so just wondering what to expect!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks dude! Yeah i'm really pleased with the figures given :)

I asked for both launch control and shift light but the speedo was playing up on the rollers so the launch control wasn't sorted, but the shift light has been put in which is cool! Just ask whoever it is mapping it and they should be able to sort it for you I think

Wow great figures for mods!

Indeed! Was expecting between 220-230 so I'm pleased :)

Took a few friends out in it today and they're all as impressed as I am with it, the smoothness of how the power comes in now is something to behold. Almost like a turbo coming on boost, so good!

It was a good day this, some strong figures, i've been in this and it pulls like a train! Perfect car now in my opinion!

Nice thread!

Good power for the mods too! Bet it's really nice to drive now!

The AD08's aren't really suited for wet weather which will be why you found the budgets to have more grip. Annoying wanting to drive quickly in the winter!

Nice thread!

Good power for the mods too! Bet it's really nice to drive now!

The AD08's aren't really suited for wet weather which will be why you found the budgets to have more grip. Annoying wanting to drive quickly in the winter!

Thanks Krzys :)

Yeah I've never expected much from the Advan's in the wet, still would have thought they'd be better than £40 budgets haha! But you've hit it on the head there, I just save my tread, petrol and brakes for dry conditions instead :)

Just read this thread from start to finish and i have to say i love your Ep3. It said in the first post though that the timing chain had already been done when you bought it?

I agree with the HID's too, first thing i did on mine was rip them out and fit some nighbreakers!

Just read this thread from start to finish and i have to say i love your Ep3. It said in the first post though that the timing chain had already been done when you bought it?

I agree with the HID's too, first thing i did on mine was rip them out and fit some nighbreakers!

Thanks dude! Mint haGGard

Sorry it was the auxiliary belt that had been done, incorrectly named on the service invoice from the garage they did it with i believe. Not OEM parts were bought though as I've got a squeaky belt now, so I will be buying an OEM belt as well as new auto tensioner pulley as the bearing has gone

Update

So I've had the K100 and tune for just over a month now, so wanted to give a quick little review for people interested;

K100, transformer in disguise. It really has transformed the car. Yes, i've 'only' gained 16bhp peak, so in that sense it's not miles ahead of where I was before the map, but in reality I would be tearing away from my old car if I were up against it now. The power kicks in earlier, goes on for longer, and there's more of it, so in every sense of the comparison the car is quicker with a K100. There is obviously the large midrange gains of around 50bhp due to VTEC engagement being lowered, which is incredibly useful as you've got more flexibility when negotiating different corners and basically are in the powerband more often as a result. There is noticeably more torque across the rev range so everyday driving is swifter and i'm seeing better fuel economy when I'm driving hard. I haven't noticed an increase when pootling around on the motorway yet, but that's probably down to me not pootling around much since getting it done haha :)

The car absolutely screams now as well and sounds incredible, I've got a video with a new mic setup that i've uploaded, give that a watch and just enjoy the roar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIs6H1PrKSw

It's a shame the ECU costs so much, as it makes the whole process of getting a K100 and mapping such a commitment as it gets close to 1K. But, with this in mind, I am incredibly happy I went for it and would recommend it to anyone. With the mods I have in place too, it's a great setup and a real unit on the roads now :D

Past this, I took the time a few weeks ago to carry out a post-winter clean. Rinse, AG Super-Resin polish then Soft99 Fusso Wax. Really happy with the car being refreshed and sealed for summer, will repeat this in August/September so she's sealed for Winter again.

33307789156_fdb180de0c_c.jpg

33307789276_0d5f6a9787_c.jpg

I did actually put the rear seats back in as well as take the windscreen banner and rear window stickers off, as I currently really like the OEM+ theme, makes the car look standard. Sleeper Yo!

I also headed to Pistonheads' Sunday Service at Silverstone last weekend and headed out on track for the first time! Had a great time, low confidence in the corners with the AD08R's as it was raining all morning so was still damp when I went out, but i still pushed myself further than I have in the wet before. Really impressed with the Civic, performed faultlessly and is definitely at home on track, which is great as that is how i've been speccing it. Just need to do one in the dry now!

Video of my best lap, out with a 350Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tj-31bblh0

33231957876_b8fa4a0185_c.jpg

33251287656_4dd2a637eb_c.jpg

33220925581_f9877c8411_c.jpg

33307788506_fdedd31d4d_c.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know my thoughts man, So clean. I can't wait to get mine mapped now after being in yours, yes the peak gains aren't in the same numbers as a boosted car, but that mid-range gain is where it's at.

Great footage of you going around Silverstone, and love that pic in the garage pits.

L

Back