• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Looks like a very fine example pal.

Just purchased one myself on a 55 plate. I'll get some pictures up in a new thread once I have settled in.

:smt047

Quick update before some big changes for the car :)

My backbox fell off at the weekend so I ordered the Tegiwa Catback, which should hopefully be fitted tomorrow! The exhaust looks very well made, welds look tidy and the resonator/backbox look like they'll keep some of the noise down (good for me).

Past that, I bought Eibach camber arms/bolts for a good price BNIB this week and am about to order the Pro-Kit springs, so they shall all be fitted next month at Dream Automotive as well as a FRSU :D I also have Tegiwa front & rear droplinks and SuperPro front & rear ARB bushes to go on, I was going to try and do these myself but am getting them done at the same time as the FRSU instead.

So to say I'm excited is an understatememt! Can't wait to have the car's suspension refreshed and the exhaust sorted. Have been driving without a backbox all week and it isn't fun!

Pics will follow as the modificaitions go on, in the meantime here's a couple of mine at Dream's FK2 dyno day from last weekend.

29937833996_3285fdca21_c.jpg

29971886295_c0d6b7b1fb_c.jpg

Thanks for reading, watch this space! ;)

Update:

So the suspension has been upgraded for almost 3 weeks now and I can say that i am impressed! Unfortunately it's that time of year now so I haven't had much of a chance to really push the car yet, but i've gone for a few blasts and it really has stepped up its game in terms of what it can do on the road now. Which is excellent! Less understeer and roll, more grip. The drop has been roughly 25mm front and just over 10mm rear. There is no spare tyre/tool set in the back and no rear seats so it's sat higher than usual anyway, but it looks very purposeful with the rear rake :)

Dream Automotive did an excellent job at fitting the parts and doing the FRSU! I was questioned on how aggressive I want the setup, so with my daily 60 mile commute it was setup quite conservatively. 1.2 degrees of neg camber all round and i think neutral toe (can't remember off the top of my head), but it really has transformed it. Can't recommend them enough, a great price considering all the parts to be fitted and how long it took.

Past that, the Tegiwa Catback is on and that too has impressed me. Very well made and the fitment is spot on (unlike my mate's Skunk2 Megapower R). The original cat flange is awful so it is blowing slightly at the moment, but I am looking to sort this soon. It is louder than i thought it was going to be, considering it's said to be okay on all tracks, but that's a good thing for me. Didn't want it too quiet!

I did have lots of pictures as always but these were lost when my laptop died recently, but i'll put up what i have!
30692531145_3e83264c22_z.jpg

30267007263_a4f41b961f_z.jpg

30267007083_e13ece1a7d_z.jpg

30867438646_af307d7f7f_z.jpg

ARB Bushes
30867438826_f17b9cb93d_z.jpg

30267007363_7ba0a1bff6_z.jpg
29866693434_a100f95cb9_z.jpg

30361467820_fc49cbde42_z.jpg
30661182565_67ce4b89e3_z.jpg
30361464910_2f763329b2_z.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Very nice! Tegiwa Cat-back seem's spot on too, Car seems in good shape :).

Eibach rear camber arms?

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE

So after about 6 weeks with the catback, the cat started to blow (which I knew was coming as the old cat flange was awful when the catback went on). I couldn't find an ep3 cat anywhere so my options were = DC5 manifold & cat, replace the cat with a decat or take the plunge and get an aftermarket decat manifold. After speaking to several people about their experiences with decats on the K20's and after being offered a manifold for a good price, I decided to go with a Japspeed 4-2-1. Got it for £150 off a mate of a mate, pre-heat wrapped with minimal use. Bought the necessary o2 spacers and engine/gearbox inserts and that was that!

It went on this weekend just gone and i'm really pleased with the decision I made. Was obviously pessimistic about how the car would run with the manifold without a map, but so far there is no EML and it's running great. More vibrations from the stiffer inserts but i like that as it reminds me of the Teg :) The car definitely pulls harder and sounds excellent now. Perfect in fact, with the Tegiwa catback being silenced, it is more than tolerable at cruising speeds yet screams in VTEC :D perfect combination! The plan is obviously to get it mapped as soon as I can, just saving now. Can't wait to see how the car will drive once mapped, i've high expectations!

Past this, with darker mornings and evenings and my commute being mainly un-lit b roads on the way home from work, I decided I'd had enough of the 8000K HID's. They were awful really, never took to the blue tint they clearly projected and weren't lighting up the road at all. Opted for replacement 6000K bulbs, fitted them on my lunch last friday and what a difference they've made! They aren't near the standard of the Z4's bi-xenons, but I can see so much more of the road and it's a crystal white now which is ideal. Really pleased, especially considering they were £10! Also got some new aero wiper blades which are excellent, Meyle one's I believe.

WINTER MODE ENABLED.

Picture time :)

Old vs New
30626744184_6e14bb9c99_z.jpg

Before -
31352688131_fbc575322d_z.jpg

After -
30626743764_066d18c256_z.jpg

Much better!
30626742794_eede950c37_z.jpg

Much prep!
30626747034_b5e0ce8545_z.jpg

Cat flange...
31096865620_5d318ae73d_z.jpg

31096866460_c7be520b03_z.jpg

31352691441_6eb662a97c_z.jpg

31096865530_4e6041c97c_z.jpg

Obligatory photo's of the car nice and clean:

30627014564_82abc80918_c.jpg

One from a good mate, my favourite photo of the car!
31097102180_618cb01994_c.jpg

Thanks for reading

Merry Christmas all!

Right, little update;

The car is now at 97500 miles so i thought it was time to get the timing chain and tensioner replaced (advised not to replace the guides as they don't usually need doing). This got done last week at Dream Automotive, once again they did a cracking job at a great price, so hit them up if you need some work done and you're local to Watford! It turned out to be a good job I got it booked in, the chain was stretched by about a tooth and a half, the tensioner was fully extended and the timing was out by quite a bit. So the car is running much smoother now and the lag I was getting in VTEC once I'd shifted up has now gone. Which is fantastic as the car is now essentially quicker :D So that's the big 100K maintenance job done, all it is now is a service in a couple of months to keep her running fresh (think i'm gonna do oil, filter, plugs and possibly gearbox fluid too) and Valve clearances as they haven't been done yet.

The AD08R's on the front are down to about 3/4mm now, so they're going on the rear to replace the budgets and i'm getting a new pair of AD08R's to replace those on the front. Going to go with 215/45/17 this time as that'll save me about £50 and i'm keen to see if I notice a difference from the bigger tyre.

After a short time with the 6000K HID's, I've had enough of them pointing in random directions and barely lighting up the road so i've bought some Osram Nightbreakers dipped bulbs and Osram Cool Blue Intense sidelights & plate lights, in the aim to be able to actually see at night. The white light is real nice and I'm sure if they were setup right then they'd be good, but after a good few attempts I just can't get them in the right placement in the headlights with the 'Aftermarket Bulb Holders' being awful and there being no room at all to put your hand in to get it right. Function > Form yo.

And finally, Santa was very generous this year.... so it's looking like I might be getting a K100 fitted, mapped and the car dyno'd in the coming months :D :D Not 100% yet as it's a big commitment, but I think myself and the car are ready for it now so it's time to take the plunge. Just researching as much as I can and making sure it's the next step I want to take with the Civic. I do love this car, so I'm happy to invest in my future with it! So excited haha

Watch this space!

A couple of pictures from the other night once I'd cleaned her.

31557323882_6b72516348_c.jpg

31666801916_1f5bfc5715_c.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Nice update. Mine is at 88K miles. Got her booked in to Get the timing chain and kit done at Grinspeed next month. Plus the vtec solenoid maintenance done too. New gaskets.

Nice, I was unaware of the solenoid maintenance until you mentioned it now so didn't get that done, but I'm sure if it needs doing I'll get it done soon enough! All preventative maintenance and what not.

Yeah dude, upon enquiring about the workthey quoted for the chain & tensioner plus labour and said the guides don't usually need replacing, so I took their advice and kept the extra money I was happy not to spend. Purely me taking advice from mechanics I trust mate, they know the cars from experience I don't have!

Never stumbled upon your thread before! Going to start using the site again now I've got some updates myself though!

Cars looking great, glad to hear the 100k maintenance went well, another 10k miles and it'll be my turn.

Definitely going to have to ask you to take pics of my car once my new exhaust is fitted, so much better than iPhone photos haha.

Hopefully you go forward with the K100, will really compliment all the mods you've done! You going to look into an RBC before the k100 or just go for it without?

Nice thread mate, see you in the new year!

Back