• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Fair enough, all very useful parts though! What tyres you going for this time? Think I saw you had R888's before on your thread.

Yeah the track car has R888R's on.

New tyres for the road car are the Michellin Pilot Sport 4's, had them fitted late afternoon yesterday as I found I had some time after work.

So it's not been a good few weeks...

33603007133_da62f7229e_c.jpg

34027925060_13f0c4e345_c.jpg

34253561292_b0865ed7b1_c.jpg

34253586212_5eff9002b9_c.jpg

Cat C write off, bought it back to fix and sell/keep, but after taking the front end off this weekend and seeing the bent chassis panels, i'm just gonna break it if no one buys it as it is now. So holla at me if you want it or any parts!

Am gutted about it though, the EP was the best car i've owned once it was tuned up and tinkered with. Mainly because it just did everything so well; very quick with the k100 and supporting mods, handled so well, sounded awesome, relatively economic and commuted 300 miles a week in it. It's just time for me to save money up for a bit and get a house deposit together as well as get a dedicated racecar when I can. Bought myself an Accord i-CDTi which i'm getting twice the MPG from which with me paying around £400 a month on fuel before, i'll be saving a good amount which helps for house & racecar saving.

Thanks for all the help and comments on the thread, always appreciate the camaraderie that the jap scene has, in particular Honda's.

Will start a new thread for my Accord :)

34237729101_e6f04eed38_c.jpg

34368571095_8b2fdef02d_c.jpg

I'm proper gutted for you mate. Loved this thread and the direction you were going with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm proper gutted for you mate. Loved this thread and the direction you were going with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Appreciate that dude, real shame indeed. Just before I could finally head out on track and push myself as well, will get my opportunity again soon enough

Sorry to see this, what happened?

Be careful with the Accord, although they are cheaper to fuel, they have a lot of things that can go wrong, turbo, injectors, solenoids, intake manifold is a big one etc. Hope you have better luck with it than Des has had with his!

Cat C write off, bought it back to fix and sell/keep, but after taking the front end off this weekend and seeing the bent chassis panels, i'm just gonna break it if no one buys it as it is now. So holla at me if you want it or any parts!

Where is it bent? The obvious mangled bits in the images are non-structural, a little adjustment with some large tools will see that right.

Sorry to see this, what happened?

Be careful with the Accord, although they are cheaper to fuel, they have a lot of things that can go wrong, turbo, injectors, solenoids, intake manifold is a big one etc. Hope you have better luck with it than Des has had with his!

Sat behind a car at a tight junction on a b-road, looked to see a car coming so we're waiting. The car goes past so I look down the road and begin to move forward and the lady infront decides it's a good place to just sit and dawdle. By the time I look back I'm in the back of her, just really frustrating as she could have been on her phone or anything. My error and lax in observation, but she caused the accident. Shame the junction was so tight as I couldn't see her at all in my peripheral vision.

Thanks for the heads up on the Accord, am aware of issues but with 1 very caring previous owner, FHSH, 12 month Honda warranty (bought from Bradleys Honda in Hemel) I'm hoping to have gotten a good one :)

Thanks for your post Chris.

Ouch, been in a similar position myself. All the best with the house/track car purchase!

Where is it bent? The obvious mangled bits in the images are non-structural, a little adjustment with some large tools will see that right.

Just the section which is by the rad, it might not be structural but it's welded to the bottom of that section so can't be removed and replaced, and I'm not wanting to be bending things back or paying someone else to do so. If it was purely aesthetics and the rad that needed doing then I'd have done it up and sold, but as I say I'm just not up for that. Appreciate the help though dude, I'm just past it now

Just the section which is by the rad, it might not be structural but it's welded to the bottom of that section so can't be removed and replaced, and I'm not wanting to be bending things back or paying someone else to do so. If it was purely aesthetics and the rad that needed doing then I'd have done it up and sold, but as I say I'm just not up for that. Appreciate the help though dude, I'm just past it now

http://lingshondaparts.com/honda_ca...1&block_02=B__4900&block_03=9814&block_05=hcr

It looks like most parts are replaceable. It'd cost you a little for the parts themselves but you can get the whole front section (if I'm reading that right) for <£250 or smaller parts for less, then it'd require drilling out the old spot welds and replacement. I don't know how far your talents run though but outright part replacement may be cheaper than straightening (and certainly stronger).

Back