• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

09 Crystal Black FN2: The end of an era!

The Lings website shows a replacement door skin is £214 and indicates its already sprayed, so that maybe the better option.

There's no way it comes painted Paul, the paint would be destroyed while folding the edges over the frame..... it'll just come treated to prevent rust.

Sorry to hear it Paul, but i'm glad your door is all that was damaged. Could have been alot worse!

Hope the little scrotes get caught, before anyone get's seriously hurt.

Sorry to hear about this, what a bunch of twarts.

Likely a Legal rifle, did you by any chance retrive the pellet?

It is illegal to sell air rifles without a licence, so there will likely only be 1 or 2 shops in your area where you can purchase a rifle and ammo. You could maybe go in and ask if there have been any recent sales to young lads (they legally have to keep a record). You can pick up a cheap chinese rifle at the legal limit (12 lb/ft) from around £120 new, the only check is your age (18+) which is pathetic given the amount of damage these can cause.

Sorry to hear about this, what a bunch of twarts.

Likely a Legal rifle, did you by any chance retrive the pellet?

It is illegal to sell air rifles without a licence, so there will likely only be 1 or 2 shops in your area where you can purchase a rifle and ammo. You could maybe go in and ask if there have been any recent sales to young lads (they legally have to keep a record). You can pick up a cheap chinese rifle at the legal limit (12 lb/ft) from around £120 new, the only check is your age (18+) which is pathetic given the amount of damage these can cause.

Didn't retrieve the pellet

More than likely some kids nicked/borrowed their dads old air rifle which has been in the shed, unused for years.

Well the car has been repaired.

I got 2 quotes. The first from a local body shop I had used before, the 2nd from the local honda dealer. Both were £200 + vat.

I went for the Honda dealer, as I felt if things went wrong I would have more options.

The car was booked in for 3 days, while I was away in the USA for work. So my Dad went to collect it once it was ready. However the paint finish was very poor and he rejected the work. They have now re-sprayed the door, and I picked it up this week.

Overall I'm happy with the result, the paint is good and the dent has gone. The dealer has said that I still need to inspect the door in bright sunlight to make sure I'm 100% satisfied and if not they will respray it again.
I've been told to leave it a few more days to let the laquer fully harden before cleaning/polishing the car. When I do I'll post some more pics.

Then after all this my Dad's car was keyed last night:evil:. 3 x panel on the drivers side are down to the metal. The car isn't worth a lot, a 2002 Mazda 323, however it was my Grandads last car before he passed away and has a lot of sentimental value.:(

Today was the first time I have seen the car reasonably clean and more importantly in decent sunlight.

The paint match is crap:evil:
Its very flat and doesn't match the rear panel, or front wing.

Went straight down to the dealers. They admitted its not good enough, and have agreed to have another body shop correct it.

Now have to wait to get it booked in.

Then I get home, to find a speeding ticket on my door mat. Camera van 'apparently' caught the car doing 37mph in a 30 zone.

Capture-1.jpg

A little update, my drivers door finally got sorted to a reasonable standard. It was re-sprayed, but there is a slight orange peel in some areas.
I've now removed the swirls they left behind.

Took some pics of mine and Dad's car. As he is part ex his Type S for Mazda 3 this weekend.

P1000745-2.jpg

P1000749-2.jpg

P1000750-2.jpg

P1000756-2.jpg

Gutted for you mate I know exactly how you feel we were pelted by a paint gun when we had our DC5.

Don't get me started on people opening doors, my black ATR is full of marks, I swear I ain't buying an expensive car again !

Well after 8 years in Civic's, 7 of which that were Type R's I'm finally selling up and going for something different.

Done the deal yesterday to change the FN2 for a Merc C-Class C180 7G Auto, like the one below.

I'll really miss the FN2 its been a great servant, well both the FN2's I've owned have been great.
From this thread you will see its not been event free!
Before the FN2's I owned a facelift EP3 which was equally as good, but for my needs I preferred the FN2 (I'm sure a lot of people will disagree ;) )

With the little one now here our needs have slightly changed, so the C180 is a better fit. I'm going to miss my b-road spirited drives to work in the Type-R as the Merc doesn't sound as good as the FN2 at 6k RPM, and won't even reach 8K RPM.

More importantly I've really enjoyed the owners experience after joining this forum and before that CTRO. From events like JAE and 2 x Honda Tours to the general day to day banter and legendary 'T&A' and 'Random ****' threads.

Of cause i still be logging in most days, won't want to miss the T&A updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back