• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

15mm eibach spacers all round worthwhile?

Hi guys. At the moment I have standard suspension on my ep3. It's supercharged at the moment and I'm looking to upgrade the handling.

I have a JDM rear arb and buddy club camber arms and bolts already purchased. So the frsu is definitely on the cards. I'm going to buy a coilover kit but I'm wondering if the 15/20mm spacers all round would make much difference? Or do you think the frsu with coilovers is enough! I'm thinking it's a bit overkill but advice on this or any other part of my set up would be great.

Cheers

What you have planned will have a dramatic positive improvement to the handling on their own. Coilovers might be a bit harsh on UK roads but if they are setup right, you'll be laughing.

I put 15mm spacers on my FN2, mainly to clear the Stoptechs on the front, but on the back as well to match things up. I found they had the effect of making the car much more planted so to speak. More stable at high speeds in the bends, so if you are going for all out handling I'd say go for it.

Probably a better way to go about it would be to get some lightweight wheels with a comparative offset to the the spaced OEM wheels. Then you'd have the wider track with the benefit of less un-sprung mass.

I know it's not a Civic, but I'm running AP Coilovers on my ST, they are not too bad ride wise for our roads, but some of the bigger bump can send you bouncing in the seats:lol: have you thought about a wider wheel rather than a spaced wheel? I know my wider/smaller rims made the car like a go kart, it handled so well even when I dumped it on its backside. Always a thought bud ;)

Loxy and NYA

Thanks for the advice. I had never thought about putting the wider wheels on. Im thinking maybe just eibach springs with frsu.
The money i save from coilovers would pay a big chunk of new wheels?

Would you guys wreckon this is a good set up? How would this compare to coilovers on a track?

Hope santa was good to you!!

Cheers

Every single person who has the FRSU, with or without springs, say it changes the car completely, it is possibly the best mod for the money you can get and will hold itself well for the track ;)

I will definitely have a think about this. Really in two minds about which way to go now. Both are very appealing but the thought of the rough ride with the coilovers is swaying me towards the springs. Decisions decisions.

Cheers

Ive got Meister R - Zeta R Coilovers, and even though they are a bit stiff on the road, I prefer them hard, rather than soft (Adjustable). The FRSU is without doubt the best thing to a Civic, you will be amazed at how planted it is in the bends, and how much harder you can push.

A lot of people go for the Eibach Springs with the FRSU and have said the same thing. The Type R models should have come out the factory with a good FRSU.

Tom do you drag race? I'm sure I read somewhere you go to Santa pod?

I drag race which is why I was wanting the coilovers. I have been in touch with Jerrick and the Zeta R are £649 which is not a bad price. I've got the mh racemasters on the front which give amazing traction but I'm suffering from bad squat at the rear. How do these coilovers hold up at the pod? What are your settings?

Thanks a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back