• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

17 X 8.5 J tyre size ???

Ed is right. The EP is 5x114.3 fitment. Also, with being lowered and trying to run 8.5's, you're gonna have to roll the arches or go for some serious camber as they're gonna scrub like a bitch. You could run added camber and some mad stretch, but you'll run a higher risk of popping the bead off the rim.

Thanks guys....next set of wheels then....would 8J be ok without rolling arches ?

Can i keep the 205/45/17 tyres ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were me, I'd go 8" with 195/45/17. They'll fit under the arches with no scrubbing and the stretch won't look silly. I've got 8" on my MX5 drifter with 195/50/15 and they sit perfect even though I'm sitting on the floor practically.

You will be fine with 8j's mate! 215-45-17 will also be ok without rolling your arches at 20mm..

Just put 8j evo wheels on mine on 215 45 17 tyres and the driver's side seems to be catching - with slightly rolled arches? (eibach springs too)

Back