• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

17x8

Hi all,

ive seen a set of wheels I'd like for my ep3!

they're 17x8, et38. Will that squeeze under the arch, or will I have to roll the arch?

Also can anyone tell me the centre bore size for a civic?

Thanks

Centre bore is 64.1.

No idea if those will fit, though standard size is 17x7 et45, so I would imagine it would be close and possible with enough camber but it depends how low you are. People fit Evo VIII/IX alloys and they are 17x8 et35 IIRC.

Hi there

I would say,yes you should be able to squeeze them under arches,but still I would roll the arches at rear at least,in front not sure if this does help,we are rolled arches at front and rear,but we are running 225/40 R18 with 7.5JX18" ET38,when we are rolled arches,we are still got arch rubbing mainly at rear,but after adding more camber at rear and front plus we are raised bit more ride height and now we don't have any rubbing

Are you running Coilovers ?

Thanks,Jura

17x8 blasphemy...

Hello all,

I'm currently working on putting some blasphemous wheels on my newly acquired EP3. The current wheels I am working on installing are OEM 17x8 WRX STi wheels, this weekend I will be enlarging the centerbore to 64.1. Lucky for me I have access to a lathe that can precisely cut out the center. I will post my progress once I get them done. I don't think I will need to roll my fenders since the STi offset is 53.

B

Thanks guys! Backed out of buying them in the end!

im not on coil overs yet, so will probably go for coilovers first!

would be interested to see what the sti wheels look like on a ep3! Please put some pics up :)

with an et53 offset i'd say you'd need spacers more than anything, I had et48 8j wheels which used to catch the rear trailing arm so had to use a 3mm spacer

with an et53 offset i'd say you'd need spacers more than anything, I had et48 8j wheels which used to catch the rear trailing arm so had to use a 3mm spacer

Thanks for the heads up, I will verify once I have the wheels installed to ensure no rubbing or catching of the rear arms.

There was a couple of mm clearance when stationary, it was under hard cornering it would catch possibly caused by play in the bushes

There was a couple of mm clearance when stationary, it was under hard cornering it would catch possibly caused by play in the bushes

Thanks again for the insight R'ash, I was lucky and test fitted the wheels and they fit just fine without any centerboring. Just as you predicted, the front wheels were too close for comfort for me so I have decide to run a 5mm spacer all around just to be sure for clearance issues.

Once I do a cheap refurb on the wheels before I put tires on them, I will post pics of them on the car without tires.

Will be fine - my Advans were 17 x 8 ET35 and lowered about 90mm

Advan-cing.png

0c14d497.jpg

Those wheels are all kinds of naughty! What model are they? Did you have to roll the lip on the arch at all? And what tyre size?

Back