• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

18" wheels yes or no ?

Do 18"s screw up the handling on an ep3 am I better off sticking with 17"s its on a daily aswell and im fitting coilovers end of the month ... any input welcome :rolleyes:

It will affect the handling quite a bit. It will also slow it down due to the rotational mass added.
Also if you're fitting coilies and you go bigger and wider on your rims, you'll probably need arch work to get them to fit right.

It will affect the handling quite a bit. It will also slow it down due to the rotational mass added.
Also if you're fitting coilies and you go bigger and wider on your rims, you'll probably need arch work to get them to fit right.

Thanks for the reply think ill stick with 17's

Good choice bud. 17's will always work best for the EP chassis as that's how it was designed and developed. For track some people go for 16's for the lighter weight setup, and usually quite wide for the extra grip. But for road and daily 17's will sit perfect.

Good choice bud. 17's will always work best for the EP chassis as that's how it was designed and developed. For track some people go for 16's for the lighter weight setup, and usually quite wide for the extra grip. But for road and daily 17's will sit perfect.
point well made there fella appreciate the input

If you are putting the car on track then there's an argument for 18's, as you can fit wider tyres easier than if using 17's. But that's an extreme example. For road use and the occasional trackday, 17's are perfect.

If you are putting the car on track then there's an argument for 18's, as you can fit wider tyres easier than if using 17's. But that's an extreme example. For road use and the occasional trackday, 17's are perfect.

I have decided to just buy myself a real top set of tyres for the standard wheels instead of buying 18" s :D

When I say wider tyres above, I actually mean tyres with a better profile for track use, before someone corrects me. :)

People who probably have never had AD08R. They're fine in the wet, just don't drive like an idiot with them on.

F1A2 lasted about a month on my Evo, they ruined the car.

F1A2 aren't event that great in the wet, I had the rainsport 2's previously (whilst not great in the dry, they were excellent in the wet, got no wheel spin at all in vtec)
The F1A2 tend to get better wet weather reviews then those, but you can pretty much forget about vtec in 1st & 2nd in the wet with F1A2 (Vtec in third and up you are looking at illegal speeds anyway (stock ecu)

The F1A2 are much better in the dry though and they are fairly cheap too.

On that basis I will be going with a better dry tyre next time, seeing as you cant really/shouldn't push in the wet anyway.

I don't know why people get such lob on for F1A2, they're well documented to be pretty crap tyres on many enthusiasts forums.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1141105-what-would-you-do-next/page__view__findpost__p__23826841

My current S has a lot of suspension mods; I've used both F1 Assymetric 2's and AD08R's, and the F1's are fit only for the bin. Pity as the F1 Assymetric 1's were much better and seemed nowhere near as soggy in the sidewalls. AD08R's are just as good in the rain if you stay focussed but transform the car overall.

Just as an example, this is from a thread I was reading over on S2KI.

Never had a lob on over a tyre before :D.....

My experience them was decent thats all im Saying cant speak for anyone elses im sure there is better tyres out there

Back