• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

18 yro...Recommendation of companies please!

Dynax

The Babysitter
I am trying to sort out a new car for next march. I'll be 18 and have 1 years driving.

Can anyone recommend some good companies? The car wont be divulged yet as its a secret, but its not slow and will give CTR's a run for its money :lol:

So far Elephant have quoted me a sensible price. Wondered if theres any others? Tesco / Privileage want me to ring :?

I found Elephant and Tesco to be some of the cheaper ones!

Egg is also very good, with Direct line being just a little behind them.

I'd be tempted to try a-plan and adrian flux too, they like the younger drivers and sporty cars :wink:

Think you have to be over 21 for Adrian flux?

I'll ring Tesco tomorrow and privelage. Wil try a-plan, egg and direct line asap. Thanks! :)

Dynax said:
Think you have to be over 21 for Adrian flux?

I'll ring Tesco tomorrow and privelage. Wil try a-plan, egg and direct line asap. Thanks! :)

Having Zero No claims bonus will sting.

My lad has been quoted £2,100 (I think) for a 1.4i EK with Tesco.

He has searched plenty and that is the best he has been offered. :shock:

dotty said:
Rcb said:
Dynax do you have any NCB or just a years driving experience?

He had a crash so zero NCB.

ouch that's gotta hurt.

confused.com

if i were you get a race spec car and track it, get your kicks out of that. leave a road going car for now.

but what do i know eh?

try a plan too. good luck mate, you're gonna need it.

Scousefella said:
My lad has been quoted £2,100 (I think) for a 1.4i EK with Tesco.

He has searched plenty and that is the best he has been offered. :shock:

shit man, not good news.

It's not good for young drivers. All the best anyway.

Man you best be prepared for the worst because of the accident, young drivers are always raped by insurance companies.
Good luck.
Have you tried calling Neil at greenlight?? maybe they can help you.

I dont suppose its any help but im 21 with 0NCB and paying £1700 with churchill. That might give a clue to what your gonna have to pay at 18 :shock:

MrZippo said:
Man you best be prepared for the worst because of the accident, young drivers are always raped by insurance companies.
Good luck.
Have you tried calling Neil at greenlight?? maybe they can help you.

Greenlight need atleast 1 yrs NCB for cover unfortunately.

Back