• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

19`s

HI EVERYONE, IM THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOME 19`S ON AND LOWERING MY CTR AS I THINK IT WILL LOOK V WELL! HAS ANYONE DONE IT YET? AND GOT ANY PICS? AND HAS IT AFFECTED YOUR CARS HANDLING AND PERFORMANCE? 8)

NO NEED TO SHOUT, I'M NOT FOOKIN DEAF!

there arer not many owners on here who put 19's on a civic.
Have you asked this question on www.civic-type-r.co.uk (or halfords), Im sure someone there has :roll:

19's just wouln't work handling wise, and a lot of people who have gone with 18's who return to standard size they say the car handles better with 17's on.

Here's a picture of my car with the old *bling bling* style 19's on....

IMG_0089.jpg

and here's a picture with the 18's on for comparison...

IMG_0107.jpg

Lowered on Spoon progressive springs in both pictures. The 19's filled the arches really well, but weren't the look i was after. Ride quality no different really (both ran 215/35 tyre's), performance at the top end did feel to suffer slightly, the P Zero Nero Pirelli's were just over £200 each ... and the speedo was out by about 8-10% from memory.

Col :wink:

The 19"s look not as bad as I'd have thought, but to be honest they are too big for the CTR.

The 18"s you've got on now look top btw 8)

GAZ-R said:
HI EVERYONE, IM THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOME 19`S ON AND LOWERING MY CTR AS I THINK IT WILL LOOK V WELL! HAS ANYONE DONE IT YET? AND GOT ANY PICS? AND HAS IT AFFECTED YOUR CARS HANDLING AND PERFORMANCE? 8)

DONT DO IT...IT...IT...It...it...it

- Kevin.

I would agree 19's just a tad too big. 18's are fine and do not affect hendeling adversely. The only reall issue is they do firm the ride up due to the nature of the 35 profile tyre needed. Also they (the tyres) do not give much in the way of protection to the rim of the wheel...so you have to be especialy carefull when hitting potholes and parking.

Back