• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1993 EG6 SiR aka "EMO"

Cheers mate - im just thankful it didnt give up whilst at North Weald! A cheapa nd easy fix though, and its better than ever now its fixed!

Still torn on the wheels, ive got a few other bits i want to do first. Only reason i want to change my current ones is because i cant get bigger brakes behind them! :(

Sorry to hear about your clutch issues mate.

The car is looking good :)

As for wheels I think the EK9 are nicer personally, but thought about them in gunmetal colour or you wanting to stay with white?
I think a gunmetal colour will look good against the CF.

i agree the EK9 wheels look great,

i think i would maybe keep them white too

I like the 98 DC2 wheels on it, they always look sweet on EG's and yours is a particularly nice example man:cool:

Cool cheers m8, i got poly carb windows on the way, and the k20 is being fitted as we speek, along with all the other stuff in my build post well most of the other stuff lol, i do like that j's racing scoop though i might get for mine :)

Matt,

Car looking great.

Really coming along nicely now mate.

As for the wheels. EK9's look the dogs.......:cool:

Some nice pics also.

Maybe see you on Monday.

Marc

Thanks for the kind comments all.

Right - been a bit slack lately so time for some updates!!!

OK - car was in need of a service so after a general health check and fluid change i treated myself to...

iridium.jpg

And some Skunk2 Magnetic sump and gearbox plugs.

skunk2.magbolts.jpg

Also during the service we found my omni power quick clutch master cylinder was leaking, so swapped it over for a new OEM one.

Parts wise I have been a busy beaver! The car is currently awaiting its new Hondata S300J unit to arrive to stick into my socketed JDM P30 ECU. Car is being mapped by our very own Anouar and Romain of ARTech Tuning, and should hopefully should be running a very healthy horsepower figure once completed.

d_863.gif

I decided that the interior needed a bit of love, and the raw strippedness was getting too much to deal with. So before putting things back in i decided that the floor needed sprucing up! Unfortunately i can't find the pictures, but a tin of hammerite followed by a couple of cans of milano red later, and its all spanky!

Rear plastics have gone back in now.

IMGP3109.jpg

IMGP3111.jpg

And i thought i might as well finish things off with some audio.

IMGP3110.jpg

New tweeters are MUCH better fit than the chunky old ones.

IMGP3099.jpg

Type R y0!!! Certainly sounds the part now.

Also got this sat in my room thanks to my big bro, although i am undecided on if i am going to fit it or not yet.

IMGP3112.jpg

Alpine v12 4 channel amp. :)

Unfortunately, i made a bit of a faux pás when ordering some new car mats, and ended up with these things. Fitment is spot on - but even Blackbushe Market chavs would think twice before buying them! :))

IMGP3096.jpg

IMGP3097.jpg

Despite the poor choice in interior mats - i think this more than makes up for it.

IMGP3108.jpg

Genuine Carbon Culture carbon hatch - and a big thanks to Roger for it. Shall be fitting it tonight with some luck.

Car is booked in with Performance Autoworks for some work shortly as well, including Tein Super Street suspension and geometry, and a few tidying up parts.

Car is also awaiting its interior retrim from D:Class Automotive - including new doorcard skins and a spanky Alcantara roof and roof pillars!

Watch this space.

:cool:

Coming along very nicely indeed :D :D. D:Class have done a few of our project cars and do great work. A few cool EG's on here now.

Ahh cool, which ones have they done, i might have seen them!?

I know Dave and Dann very well, good friends of mine! Always top class work, and mates rates of course!

They did my work buddy Jules Supra, I also think they may have done Ben's Euro Saxo. Of course loads of feature cars, and more than the odd cover car.

Certainly would mate - however the carpet would be the most difficult part as it is moulded... rather than just being a flat piece of material!

Daves a legend though and created some awesome pieces in his time :cool:

Can't believe I've missed this until now! :eek::eek::eek:

We should start a sweepstake on how long it's going to be until little "Emo" is completely carbon!

Fantastic project you've got there! :cool:

Love the carbon rear hatch, if i had the pennies i would get me a uk one, but money needed for other things :(

Cheers mate - i knwo what you mean. I only got this one really as it was second hand and i had seen the fitment!

A lot of pennies for not a lot of gain.

ANYWAY.

Well fighting through my hangover - i decided the car was long overdue a proper clean and polish.
Apologies for the crappy pics, photgraphy isnt my strong point.
Also for those of you who asked me for more pics of the carbon boot - lots of pics of it so you can see the fitment. I do need to adjust it a little more, but with my broken wrist i don't have the dexterity i need to get it spot on.

IMGP3113.jpg

IMGP3114.jpg

IMGP3115.jpg

IMGP3116.jpg

IMGP3117.jpg

IMGP3118.jpg

IMGP3119.jpg

IMGP3120.jpg

IMGP3121.jpg

IMGP3123.jpg

IMGP3124.jpg

IMGP3125.jpg

IMGP3126.jpg

:oops:
Having thoughts about painting the roof black now, and fitting a set of these...

ROTA%20AUTO-X%20Racing%20Wheel.JPG

So yeh, what do we reckon!?

Back