• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2 problems i had for a while with car

Exeedy release bearings are known to make noises.

Mine did from day 1, didn't change over 30k miles & is, to my knowledge, still going strong.
Did take this bit out of my recent post, as didn't want it to sound like it's ok or perfect!. Now someone else has brought it up, have known people to have noisy release bearings for years and many thousands of miles and it not get any worse, or affect the running of car or working action of the clutch in any way shape or form. If it's all working ok and no problems with getting into gears or operation of clutch?, then maybe live with it a bit longer and see if it does get any worse. Hope maybe this has put your mind at ease a little??, cheers.

The clutch has started to make a squeaking noise is this the cylinder or does something need greasing??

Grease and clutches don't mix.

Do you drive with your foot resting on your clutch pedal?

Grease and clutches don't mix.

Do you drive with your foot resting on your clutch pedal?

No mate I don't. Its coming from near the cylinder area and I did put a new clutch in last year only covered 9k miles on it. Seems like its release bearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like that EVO in the video every-time he pulls off that's how mine sounds when I pull off
Its quite loud,not the best sound quality video made there,but it does scream

It sounds louder than mine from the video but hard to tell. Certainly the same noise though, mine used to do it most when cold and setting off in 1st.

Is this something serious
Does it need replacing
Is the noise wearing some parts down?

No. No. Maybe, but see below.

Exeedy release bearings are known to make noises.

Mine did from day 1, didn't change over 30k miles & is, to my knowledge, still going strong.
Did take this bit out of my recent post, as didn't want it to sound like it's ok or perfect!. Now someone else has brought it up, have known people to have noisy release bearings for years and many thousands of miles and it not get any worse, or affect the running of car or working action of the clutch in any way shape or form. If it's all working ok and no problems with getting into gears or operation of clutch?, then maybe live with it a bit longer and see if it does get any worse. Hope maybe this has put your mind at ease a little??, cheers.

Back