• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 "2-step VTEC"? Something fishy about this...?

unless you weld an extra cam to your camshaft and install another solenoid, its not possible, and pointless.
probably a fcuked clutch thats slipping at 5500rpm or 4500rpm witchever ones not the normal vtec point.

I have heard of a 3 stage vtec system, but that only has 2 different cam profiles as per a 'normal' vtec engine. The extra stage is the engine only using one intake valve per cylinder at lower revs to optimise economy. I wasn't aware of this appearing in a integra though...

I have heard of a 3 stage vtec system, but that only has 2 different cam profiles as per a 'normal' vtec engine. The extra stage is the engine only using one intake valve per cylinder at lower revs to optimise economy. I wasn't aware of this appearing in a integra though...

toyota use a similar setup, they have a smaller inlet port size below 3k rpm almost like a butterfly valve inside a butterfly valve for town driving. but i wouldn't call it 2 stage vtec as its not the usual valve technology.
never heard of using 1 valve for economy, surely the mechanics of this is very complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
unless you weld an extra cam to your camshaft and install another solenoid, its not possible, and pointless.
probably a fcuked clutch thats slipping at 5500rpm or 4500rpm witchever ones not the normal vtec point.

:lol: I knew there was something up!

Thanks for the info.

toyota use a similar setup, they have a smaller inlet port size below 3k rpm almost like a butterfly valve inside a butterfly valve for town driving. but i wouldn't call it 2 stage vtec as its not the usual valve technology.
never heard of using 1 valve for economy, surely the mechanics of this is very complex.

The new CR-Z only uses one Valve at certain times.

i like 2 step. [video=youtube;W_Nj7X8Z26Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Nj7X8Z26Y[/video]

Back