• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

200 miles since rebuild. Just a few questions and concerns.

200 miles since my build on my ep3

Facelift 70k on clock 05 REG

Build included
piston rings
Valves
Valve stem seals
Chain, tensioner and guides
Fuchs titan oil
Hamps filter

After build compression is 180psi on all cylinders
Vacuum tested and showing timing is perfect no blockages in exhaust
No water loss
No oil leaks

Battery has died and needs a new one.

Okay so

1. Temp reaches half way. As soon as i switch car off temp drops immediately (no matter how long ive driven it for)

2. When revving on idle the rev needle just isn't smooth at the point i let go of accelerator. (No flow if you know what i mean) and i dont go mental revving it just slightly. Feels slighly restricted.
Same when I change gears it feels soon as i let go of acceleration and put clutch in to shift revs dont flow then drop like they should (needle just drops then picks up after ive shifted.

3. Am i overthinking it all or is there an issue?

Thanks for your help.

Pretty sure temp dropping is normal. If you start the engine again it goes back to where it was right?

Second issue, check throttle cable for slack and/or throttle position sensor is set up correctly.

No it seems to have dropped a little when ive switched it back on (straight away). Ive always known it to atleast stay at the normal temp for atleast 5 mins after switch off.

Ive got a e46 bmw that stays on half temp half an hour after ive turned it off.

Ep3 cools down too quick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170811-185953.png
    Screenshot_20170811-185953.png
    771.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
Temperature seems to be sitting fine there, around where mine sits, it doesn't go over that.

When I turn mine off needle drops straight away, if I turn it straight back on it sits back where it was when I switched ignition off, if you leave it a little the needle will drop accordingly as the car is cooling, the needle does drop quicker in cold weather and stays up a little when the weather is hot.

I would say temp is fine by what you have described. If it climbs too high or keeps dropping too low then get it checked.

If you got major concerns take it back to whoever carried out the work.

Back