• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2002 ep3 alarm problem PLEASE HELP ASAP

Ok basically my key fob just randomly stopped opening an locking the car last Thursday so I was baffled I then on the same day thought I could open an start with jus the key. So I unlocked the car with the key an boom my alarm starts going off in a blind panic I popped the bonnet an disconnect my battery the alarm went off for another 2min an shut off. So I've left it unlocked an ordered a new battery today for my fob. So the new Lil battery came today so happy I installed it then I went outside to my car plug the battery back then the hazard lights flashed for about 15seconds then the siren went off with the lights my fob still wasn't doing anything what do I do I've hear of some alarm sequence but don't know it! I'm beyond ****ed off now just want my car back! I never had any alarm issues before!

CAn nobody tell me the sequence to reset my fob? Or if I can disarm my alarm with my key while it's going off? Please

Ive had this before after my battery went flat, I think I just locked and unlocked the car about 5 times, and then started it and everything reset itself.

I definitely didnt use a sequence, unless I blindly stumbled across it.

You should do a search fella. This has been asked loads.

Basically I had the same issues. Take it to a Honda stealership, pay over the odds for it to be sorted but at least it's done for good. I've never had a problem since.

I can't move the car as it won't start to drive to Honda but once I get it sorted I'll be wanting to remove this alarm for something else with less common faults I have done many searches an no1 had my exact issue so I wasn't sure but thanks guys

Oh it wont start at all? That's weird. I never found the sequence to work tbh with you. The only thing I can think of is getting a mobile alarm fitter to come and install you a new one. Unfortunately the alarm fob disables the immobiliser too, so unless the fob pulls it's finger out, the car won't start.

Yeah that's my dilemma my fob isn't doing anything! So car has been just sitting since last Thursday! :(

Ok guys solved the problem today car is back working normally!! Had to connect the battery with the keys in the ign an turn on position then lock, unlock simultaneously an fob kicked back in an disabled my alarm!

Back