• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 2005 EP3 or 2007 FN2?

What because no one is stupid enough to buy a car with the same engine as an ep3 yet more weight :smt047

When driving on the road you will NOT notice any difference in performance between the FN and EP. The FN will be a little toughter due to being newer.

A point on things going wrong on the older car, I have had mine for 103,000 miles and not had to change a darn thing, and nothing has gone wrong. (well um except and engine, but that was more down to bad luck, AEM and 2ft of water than anything else).

The bottom line is drive them, see which suits you best, find a store with reflective windows out front, drive by slowley and, check what you look like, does it suit you, the rodders in the USA back in the day called this 'profiling' :D :D). And we all do it so don't laugh you lot...

If it was me I'd buy the EP only because I like tweeking my cars, and there is a larger amount of products available. But if I wanted something I could get in and just have fun in, and tuning was not an immediate issue. I'd go FN2.

Actually I'd get niether and go for an FD and save up a few extra bob.

I had a 54 EP3...now I have an FN2. I loved the EP3 especially on short blass aroung country roads. But.....I changed jobs so my daily commute is now 30 miles each way. The FN2 is by far a much easier drive.
Yes I would highly recommend an 'end of line' ep3, but prices have nose dived recently...I had 11k part ex 6 months ago, I have seen 54 plates for as little as 8.5k lately.

If you wish to mod the car...get an EP3...otherwise...FN2 every time (assuming you like the looks;) )

FD2 is a great car...as long as you do not want the 'creature comforts' in life.;) :lol:

Actually I'd get neither and go for an FD and save up a few extra bob.

Hindsight is a glorious thing, the FD2 was not advertised as widely and those who placed their order for an FN2 already had commented on the lack of LSD and the extra power, yet it was unavailable at the time. I would have chosen the FD over the FN if there had been 2 doors less and it was badged a DC6 because to all intents and purposes it is the body style of the Teg as historically all Civ type R's have been 3 door Hatches and the teg's saloons.

All ive heard is that the new type R is really poor all over and the EP3 is mean't to be much better!

But i won't judge until ive driven the new one:D

The FN2 vs EP3 debate rages on and on. :lol:

Drive both one after the other and decide - that is the only way.

Totally different engine. The block and head are different so are the cam profiles. So not a valid argument there, sorry.

Hardly any different. Not enough to make a difference i.e. 1bhp more and 1lb/ft of torque less WOW! Hondas money well spent there! The only reason it even keeps with the ep3 (not after 100 either!) is because of the lower gear ratios.

The FN2 vs EP3 debate rages on and on. :lol:

Drive both one after the other and decide - that is the only way.

It always will, there are people who cannot embrace the new, and those who hate it through jealously. IE: If I can't have one - It must be crap. The majority of people base their opinion on hearsay rather than having driven it themselves. There are an element that fear the loss of the EP3 cult status and consider it a rival, generally those who mock it when they try sleight it without research. I would hardly expect Honda to downgrade the cars overall abilities through engineering if it didn't fit the purpose it was designed to do. The Type R has matured, it has been given the gadgets that people desired and the EP3 still has a strong following. The mods available for the EP3 make it a true versatile car, yet people tend to mod it to make it better. I wonder why the intention to make it better is sought if the EP3 as stock is such a good car. Aside from the "making it personal" argument people generally modify it to improve it.

On a recent track day, there was nothing in the speeds, all the way up to 158 indicated between the FN2 and the EP3. What people generalise is a stock (as there are very little modifications - and probably won't be) FN2 against a modified EP3, as generally people have some form of mod on the EP3, either a Induction kit, exhaust etc. Very few have gone head to head, Stock v Stock because, heaven forbid the FN2 might just ruffle a few feathers.

Like I said previously, I fully enjoyed my EP3, but its moved on, and so have I.

It always will, there are people who cannot embrace the new, and those who hate it through jealously. IE: If I can't have one - It must be crap..

Bit of a stuck up comment from a moderator! :rolleyes: I could have afforded the fn2 from new but dont like it. I prefer the looks of the ep3, i dont need automatic windscreen wipers or a cold glovebox and there are more mods available for my ep3! I have also now spent the same on my ep3 as if i bought an fn2 from new and my ep3 is (as far as im concerned) far superior in every way! Better sound system, engine with my mods, looks with my wheels etc etc. This is all completely my personal opinion, i think people buy fn2's because they like them and i think people buy ep3's because they like them. End of.

Bit of a stuck up comment from a moderator! :rolleyes: I could have afforded the fn2 from new but dont like it. I prefer the looks of the ep3, i dont need automatic windscreen wipers or a cold glovebox and there are more mods available for my ep3! I have also now spent the same on my ep3 as if i bought an fn2 from new and my ep3 is (as far as im concerned) far superior in every way! Better sound system, engine with my mods, looks with my wheels etc etc. This is all completely my personal opinion, i think people buy fn2's because they like them and i think people buy ep3's because they like them. End of.

Get a DC5 it pwns the EP3 in every way :twisted:

It always will, there are people who cannot embrace the new, and those who hate it through jealously. IE: If I can't have one - It must be crap. The majority of people base their opinion on hearsay rather than having driven it themselves. There are an element that fear the loss of the EP3 cult status and consider it a rival, generally those who mock it when they try sleight it without research.
Like I said previously, I fully enjoyed my EP3, but its moved on, and so have I.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

exactly how I feel.:cool:

I'm with you jules86

Even Clarkson said EP3 is better

I'm with you jules86

Even Clarkson said EP3 is better

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and is that supposed to be a positive thing???:p

look...

you are reading reviews...go test one.....

if I said to you...here are the keys to a brand new FN2 or you could take a 56 EP3...you would take the FN2.;)

and having owned both.....I know which one I would have...and I did.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and is that supposed to be a positive thing???:p

look...

you are reading reviews...go test one.....

if I said to you...here are the keys to a brand new FN2 or you could take a 56 EP3...you would take the FN2.;)

and having owned both.....I know which one I would have...and I did.

No i'd have the keys to a 56 EP3 take that home. The only thing i'd do with an FN2 is take the keys and scratch it :lol:

No i'd have the keys to a 56 EP3 take that home. The only thing i'd do with an FN2 is take the keys and scratch it :lol:

Just take the FN2, SELL IT, and get your EP3 + mods ... that way you get your mods for free and you aren't branded a tw@t hooligan for scratching a car... :evil:

Back