• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2005 Silver EP3 - 233bhp

Dropping in, only new to the EP3. I've wanted one for a long time.

I bought this car just before Christmas, it's a 2005 EP3 Civic Type-R. The car has the following mods:

K-Pro ECU
RBC Intake Manifold
DC Manifold
Spoon B-Pipe and N1 Exhaust
AEM V2

Meister Zeta-R Coilovers
Eibach rear camber arms
Stoptech discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Bridgestone RE050 Potenzas

233BHP @ 8350 rpm
161.8 lb-ft @ 6296 rpm

O5vDRHM.jpg

0aMRGkv.jpg

fXNkRUK.jpg

I decided to take the car out on a track day at Mondello Park in Dublin. It's the first time in track in the EP3, first time on track in a car of my own and the first time I've been on track at Mondello Park as a driver. I've done Palmersport a few times though.

The car was awesome. It's snowing up North but in the south it's clear skies and sun - even though it's 3 degrees. The track was quite dry though. Also very quiet at times so plenty of clear track.

Here's a short clip from a GoPro I borrowed (I left the wifi on so it kept running out of battery), this is one of the hotter runs I captured. I'm still trying different lines through corners and learning the car and track.

http://youtu.be/EDQAKp6rRlg

Edit:

Here are another few photos:

3sKeHy7.jpg

XBt9pHD.jpg

rWLlR1F.jpg[FONT=Verdana]

sUCuBsK.jpg[FONT=Verdana]

I hope these resize automatically!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're great for both. I run them relatively stiff on the road (13 clicks maybe?) but they're not crashy or harsh when driving. I kept them as normal for the track and they were nice, makes the car very predictable.

I did stiffen the front up later in the day but didn't feel like climbing in the back to change the tears. I will probably leave that to the next day. With some track rubber perhaps...

Looks good lad

Welcome to the site man, you had better bring it over to Wales for a catch up!

I miss mine, it's been locked up for 8weeks :(

Back