• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2007 CW FD2 - Update 22/01/12 Wheels and Grill Pg 12

The only reason I planned on selling is I have no intention in selling this car (although I'm sure we've all said that one before)

I guess they might come in handy one day. Think I'll give them a good clean and stick them in the boxes in the loft

Yea I had no intention of selling my CW FD2, but got offered a hell of a lot of coin so I did... Regretted/missed and cried so much I got another FD2..

Glad your keeping the rims, I'm sure you would regret it.... Eventually ;D

Met up with another FD2 owner today for some de-cat fitting trials.

Was made at a local exhaust company in Cullompton called Phoenix Exhausts.

Went well and the de-cat has been made very well and is a good fit.

Hondata next...

8d82e4b0.jpg

817daafc.jpg

56ef87e9.jpg

3b6329dd.jpg

6472684c.jpg

782c3134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think any one is really importing at the moment. Haven't done for a while.

Best bet is second hand UK registered

I enquired when I was looking for one.

You are talking £22-24k for a 08 or 09 5A with 20k.

Goes down to £19k for a 07 4b with 40k.

Litchfields were the only ones who didn't get back to my enquires. :mad:

There were a few for sale on FD2 Owners last week when I looked.

I was optimistic when I was told the FD2 ECU will self adjust to it, but it hasn't brought on the EML.

I dont know if it just me convincing myself it was worth it but it does feel to have a better response.

I'm working on making a ram effect intake for the OEM box. A few people have said it works better with the engine than most aftermarket.

I will then be getting Hondata to make the most of the breathing and that will probably be it engine wise... famous last words

Something like this Backyard one but without the £500+ price tag

CIMG2074-s23.jpg

BKYS-FD-IK-01.jpg

Some guys in Malaysia found out these rear dampers can be made to fit the FD2 with very light modifying.

A few members on FD2 Owners fitted them and rated them highly.

Those of you that don't know the rear dampers of the FD2 make the car very bouncy on motorways. As the springs are separate to the dampers they are an easy swap for these which are adjustable.

Second one took about 20 minutes as I knew what I was doing.

They have made a huge improvement to the ride. Not tested them on a proper spirited drive yet I dont think they've affected the handling.

If I do get some balls and decide to track it I can always adjust them to suit.

c8d3bbe7.jpg

361539d7.jpg

The are for a civc still but the say not for Type R.

I say modify but all you need to do is drill out the hole on the sock to fit over the Koni's.

(Pic from my how to on FD2 Onwers)
dd280940.jpg

New wheels... again. I had some 8.5's on before but I felt they stuck out to much.

So I went for a smaller and lighter 7.5. Very happy with these. Put them on the scales and they're 8.1kg a wheel.

They're 18" Rota GR6's.

Also had my grill painted black a few months ago but never posted any pics, so here it is...

IMG_1220-1.jpg

IMG_1217-1.jpg

IMG_1225-1.jpg

IMG_1241-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back