• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

New to the forum....

Just wanted to say how disappointed I have been with Honda dealerships and if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I am currently in an Audi RS3 and having owned an EP3 and FN2 in the past have another Type R itch..... I love the RS3, its epic but its done 30k now and don't want to stick many more miles on it.

I want to do a 24/48 hour test drive before pulling the trigger on an FK8 but I cannot find any dealer that will let me have an unaccompanied test drive. I cannot get any idea if its the right car for me by going on a 15 minute test drive.

Shame if Honda can't help me out...... will have to consider remaining with Audi.

Yuuuummmmm RS3.....id have one in the Nardo grey, black wheels red callipers... I'd have had one in a heart beat but soo expensive, even second hand ones.

I think you will find the FK8 a bit of a step down mate in terms of real world performance compared with the RS3.... Don't get me wrong as a package its epic but just adjust your test drive expectations!!!

You would be very lucky to get a dealer lending a demo for that length of time, I've known around 3 who were lucky enough to have an fk2 or fk8 for a day

Its in Nardo, with black pack but not the red callipers sadly! Has the factory sports exhaust and I've removed the secondary cat.... sounds epic.

Whilst it may be a slight step down in performance is it £21,000 better than an FK8? (with options).

Besides I am pretty sure on a decent B road you would be having more fun!

I posted this a few weeks ago on Pistonheads. No great help to you down in Englandshire, but .....

-------------------
Well, I've had a 5-star dealer experience this past couple of days.

I've been doing a bit of background reading on the new Civic Type R and popped into my nearest Honda dealer yesterday to look around their Demo car on the front forecourt. It was a busy place, all the salesmen seemed to be with someone, waiting for someone or doing hand-overs but the receptionist was really attentive and said she would try to find someone or find out when someone would be free, but in the meantime she would open up the car and hopefully get someone to me asap.

The guy who came over a few minutes later introduced himself as the DP and asked if I was interested in buying one if it was the right car for me or if I was just looking for information. Either way, he was happy to help. I said I was a potential buyer and he said, "come on, lets take if for a blast" and off we went for about 25 mins of him hammering the car / safely demonstrating the performance of the car on the back-roads. Fast car. Nice guy. Good driver. Really fast car.

Back at the Dealership all the salesmen were still with customers and he joked that he was probably too rusty to try to sell me one and had a couple of meetings to attend but said if I could come back this morning he would have the car fully fueled up and suggested that I take it away for the weekend and speak to a proper salesman on Monday when I brought it back.

So, here I am having had a proper blast in it this afternoon in Type R mode and still got all day tomorrow to make sure Mrs R likes it and can happily drive it in Comfort mode and take it to the supermarket and do the boring stuff.

I appreciate all Dealers can't do the same thing and I guess if I end up not buying one then it's probably not a great way to do it anyhow but, if nothing else at the moment, I'm a potential customer with a really positive feeling about the Dealership.
---------------------

Ordered mine from them yesterday.

Its in Nardo, with black pack but not the red callipers sadly! Has the factory sports exhaust and I've removed the secondary cat.... sounds epic.

Whilst it may be a slight step down in performance is it £21,000 better than an FK8? (with options).

Besides I am pretty sure on a decent B road you would be having more fun!

I forgot the sports exhaust...that would be a must also....not sure it needed to be louder though!!

No its not 21K (h Christ!) better for sure. You would miss the sound, the off the line ability and the sure footedness in these slippery months. Just get a test drive with a mush next to you as would love to hear your thoughts!!!!

I posted this a few weeks ago on Pistonheads. No great help to you down in Englandshire, but .....

Ordered mine from them yesterday.

WOW. Simply fantastic, fair play to that dealer. He must have been fairly high in the pecking order to do that!! Feck it id pay the 30 quid easyjet flight up and drive it back down then back up!!!

I forgot the sports exhaust...that would be a must also....not sure it needed to be louder though!!

No its not 21K (h Christ!) better for sure. You would miss the sound, the off the line ability and the sure footedness in these slippery months. Just get a test drive with a mush next to you as would love to hear your thoughts!!!!

Sports exhaust is a must have option. It doesn't give much more volume (secondary cat delete does that) but it gives it a really raw, gravelly tone... sounds like its gargling on lava.

If I can't get loaned one I will scare the stealer in the car sitting next to me and feedback on my thoughts.

How ever what a dull car once you get over the wow this is quick.

Dull isn't a word I would use at 7,000 rpm in dynamic mode.... and each time you change down the exhaust crackles, spits and bangs. Dull is how I would describe a Golf R or GTI or the S3. The reason it isn't huge amount of fun on a B road is simply because it is just too capable, too clinical and if you push it to its limits you will be going to prison.

It is a different beast. It is great for every day real world driving but as I said I am sure on the right B road a Type R driver will be enjoying themselves more.

Both great cars, both very different.

Dull isn't a word I would use at 7,000 rpm in dynamic mode.... and each time you change down the exhaust crackles, spits and bangs.
Neither would I....but I think Matt was referring to the A45 when he said that. :)
I'm amazed that you can spec an RS3 to 54k. That's 10k on options and there's probably more. :eek:

Back