• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 2016 RS3 to FK8

Dull isn't a word I would use at 7,000 rpm in dynamic mode.... and each time you change down the exhaust crackles, spits and bangs. Dull is how I would describe a Golf R or GTI or the S3. The reason it isn't huge amount of fun on a B road is simply because it is just too capable, too clinical and if you push it to its limits you will be going to prison.

It is a different beast. It is great for every day real world driving but as I said I am sure on the right B road a Type R driver will be enjoying themselves more.

Both great cars, both very different.

Yep the rs3 is simply the best hot hatch ive ever driven. but then it should be for the cost. I really wanted one, but could not stretch the finances far enough

You would be very lucky to get a dealer lending a demo for that length of time, I've known around 3 who were lucky enough to have an fk2 or fk8 for a day

I had a FK2 all morning no rush and the FK8 Friday evening and then popped back and took it out Saturday with the wife and child. However I have purchased 3 cars from the dealer and they know me etc which I imagine makes a big difference especially on a performance car

Test drives duration will vary from each dealer. Majority of demos are also used as the salesperson (keep it gender neutral...) personal car. Give that car away for a day or overnight and they don’t have a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a FK2 all morning no rush and the FK8 Friday evening and then popped back and took it out Saturday with the wife and child. However I have purchased 3 cars from the dealer and they know me etc which I imagine makes a big difference especially on a performance car

Its not like I'm turning up in a 1.0 Corsa with an exhaust and a baseball cap on backwards...... Just get the impression from the stealers that they don't give a toss because they are selling loads of CTR's at the moment.

I was reading civicx last night - loads and loads bought the car without test driving it....they simply weren't allowed...!! Plus the $2-10K dealer mark up of pure profit... Weird over there it really is...

Its not like I'm turning up in a 1.0 Corsa with an exhaust and a baseball cap on backwards...... Just get the impression from the stealers that they don't give a toss because they are selling loads of CTR's at the moment.

I turned up in a Fiat 500 :)

Back