• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2400cc engine from America

What are u after a K24 ?

Or a ready made built engine ?

Or a built engine, strenghtened and sleeved to 2.4l ??

Tarticus said:
What are u after a K24 ?

Or a ready made built engine ?

Or a built engine, strenghtened and sleeved to 2.4l ??

Probably a K24, looking at various cost options, would like to increase the capacity to 2.4l however this is possible, ideally a ready made engine, but I think that option will be out of my budget at present(although have no idea how much a built engine would be.

Long term goal is to have an uprated(for more boost) 2.4ltr engine, but more than likely have to do it in stages.

There was a Euro R at my local scrappy a while ago. Not sure what engine they have though.

MilanoChris said:
There was a Euro R at my local scrappy a while ago. Not sure what engine they have though.

K20A is in the Euro-R mate :)

Paul you have PM mate :wink:

Wont Paul at TDI Build you a 2.4L engine ? I know Guy at CPL can build you a 2.2L or a 2.4L Engine.

Best places to look are going to be the US sites m8, as some are running the K24 there, there a lot of work involved though in getting a K24 to still rev high like the K20

I got a web site somewhere that explains it all etc etc Ill find it and post it for you

Tarticus said:
Wont Paul at TDI Build you a 2.4L engine ? I know Guy at CPL can build you a 2.2L or a 2.4L Engine.

Just looking at options last time I checked it was about £5k for it too be built in England, will recheck with both just incase the cost has come down.

OK I know IPS offer an 2.2L I think it is Engine Build Service details here

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/engine_combos.html

For what your looking at running more boost etc etc, the cost im sure you can work out yourself but it aint cheap :)

If you want a built engine speak to Guy he built Alex`s engine for his supercharged car thats running shit loads of NOS and a charger m8 he will have a better idea on prices etc etc and whats possible

Tarticus said:
If you want a built engine speak to Guy he built Alex`s engine for his supercharged car thats running crap loads of NOS and a charger m8 he will have a better idea on prices etc etc and whats possible

But didnt Alex's engine shit itself? :?
I know the charger went tits up after bits came loose then Alex was looking at local engine work nearer his home in Hull.
This I think was before it caught fire!

I know its running well now though as he was hoping to have it ready for TOTB.

But didnt Alex's engine crap itself? Confused
I know the charger went tits up after bits came loose then Alex was looking at local engine work nearer his home in Hull.
This I think was before it caught fire!

I know its running well now though as he was hoping to have it ready for TOTB.

The Charger went tits up m8, nowt to do with the engine, its being built as we speak but doubt it will be in time for TOTB ohh and yer Guy at CPL is doing all the work to it not anyone in hull.

As you know TP modding cars is a tempramental business as has been always will and when you push the boundries things are bound to happen that slow you down.

Back