• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 250bhp cost

So I've finally convinced my wife that modding the car would be a good idea and am just figuring out the costs. I know a remap with hondata, intake, cat back and braded brake lines will be around 2kish and will probably get around 215-220 on the rollers. What are the costs involved to push 250 N/A. I have read the other tuning threads scattered around the net but I'm just looking for a rough figure to save up so I can get over to TDI and let them get on with it. Cheers chaps

The tdi North shop will give you a decent idea of costs involved. To get to the 250 mark you'll probably want tdi's drop in cams, they're around £950 ish from memory. They'll be in the shop somewhere.

£1,500 supplied, fitted and mapped for the cams.

For 250 you'll need intake, RRC intake manifold, bigger throttle body, full race exhaust manifold (decat), a decent cat back and some uprated cams.

I only just saw 248 with Skunk2 Stage 1 cams (which needed valve springs), but I did see 260 with TDi-North's drop in cams.

1500 sounds pretty reasonable for the cams to be fair. I'm trying to stick below 5k for the whole lot so it seems doable. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sell the Civic and then use the £5k on top and buy something that's quick out the box?

You'll probably still have change leftover too.

Don't bother looking for numbers, it costs a lot of money on these engines. Tried, tested, proven and reliable 235-250 (dyno dependent) with intake, exhaust, header and K100/KPro will be substantially less than dropping in cams and will completely change the way the car drives.

Yeah I have elected for the KPro4 for my EP3. I like extra features it has over the K100. But just my personal choice. Supercharging/turboing the Type R send you over 250 but defeats the fact you want to keep it NA. :D

I want to keep the civic really. For what I paid for it I could have got a mint e46 m3 or pretty much any other turbo hatch but I like the civic. Just something about type r's that I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how to spend 5k on an EP3:

Prices are rough from the top of my head prices....

Quaife - £600
Japspeed manifold - £250
RBC + thermal gasket - £270
Exceedy OEM clutch - £200
Fidanza flywheel - £200
K100 - £500
AEM V1/injen CAI intake - £150
SPC/eibach rear camber arms - £200
SPC/Eibach camber bolts - £25
Eibach lowering springs - £300
DS2500 front pads - £200
HEL lines - £60
Sportex B-pipe - £70
Tdi Cams - £1500 inc fitting, mapping etc
Timing chain and tensioner - £350.... mayaswell do this with the cams, it'll be a free fitment.
Up to £1k labour, depending on how much you like to get your hands dirty.

Last, but by no means least. There's no point doing all that work and then putting some khumos on. Spunk 1k on some AD08s.

You can change the cams without removing the chain. Wouldn't bother changing the chain, tensioner ect unless there's an issue or it's high mileage (100k plus)
Regarding power figures. It's not always how much power it makes, more how it makes it and the quality of map. My EP3 with usual bolt ons mapped blah blah can easily keep up with these Golf/VXR with their stage 9000 tune claiming over 300bhp.

how to spend 5k on an EP3:

Prices are rough from the top of my head prices....

Quaife - £600
Japspeed manifold - £250
RBC + thermal gasket - £270
Exceedy OEM clutch - £200
Fidanza flywheel - £200
K100 - £500
AEM V1/injen CAI intake - £150
SPC/eibach rear camber arms - £160
SPC/Eibach camber bolts - £20
Eibach lowering springs - £160
DS2500 front pads - £100
TGM braided lines - £75
Sportex B-pipe - £80
Tdi Cams - £1500 inc fitting, mapping etc
Timing chain and tensioner - £350.... mayaswell do this with the cams, it'll be a free fitment.
Up to £1k labour, depending on how much you like to get your hands dirty.

Last, but by no means least. There's no point doing all that work and then putting some khumos on. Spunk 1k on some AD08s.

Sorry Hazz made a few minor changes!

It's been a while since I owned an ep3, I knew I'd be out on some of the prices. Good to see the ds2500s are a reasonable price these days.

Danger no swearing please. Using rude words like FN2.

lol

Thing is I believe you are right and this is an *** thread :D

Back