• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2nd gear crashing at full beans

Try changing the clutch fluid, that cures the problem for a lot of people.

For the love of god do not change to an FN2.

Try changing the clutch fluid, that cures the problem for a lot of people.

For the love of god do not change to an FN2.

Cheers, Dotty. I'll give this a go during the week. :smt023

Sorry to dig this up. I've got exactly the same problem in my CTR.

Just phoned local dealer - £1331 to sort out 5th & 6th, and replace 1st & 2nd synchro. :(

Think I'll look for a post 2004 gearbox....

Sorry to dig this up. I've got exactly the same problem in my CTR.

Just phoned local dealer - £1331 to sort out 5th & 6th, and replace 1st & 2nd synchro. :(

Think I'll look for a post 2004 gearbox....

Mine's an 04, May 2004. :rolleyes:

I've decided to save my pennies and put them towards the future purchase. Not going to say what yet becuase it'll be more than 12 months off, but needless to say my car will be going back into the dealer network.

About the gears crashing though, I've moved my seat one click forward and it's got rid of 95% of the occurrences. Still it does play on my mind...

Mine's an 04, May 2004. :rolleyes:

About the gears crashing though, I've moved my seat one click forward and it's got rid of 95% of the occurrences. Still it does play on my mind...

That well known Honda fix, make sure you can push the clutch pedal all the way down :lol:

Had my car in the main dealers because it was starting sticking going into first as well as the 2nd gear thing.

Gearbox oil change, £10 parts, £24.77 labour, add VAT on all that and its £39.99.

Seems to have almost completely solved the issue, fingers crossed! :p

So a simple gearbox oil change solved the crunching?

That would be a relief if you were expecting a new clutch/box

So a simple gearbox oil change solved the crunching?

That would be a relief if you were expecting a new clutch/box

Aye! I asked the dealer to do the oil first but they wanted a test drive, and obviously couldn't make it do it after the change either.

They were on about taking the box apart and replacing bearings and the 2nd gear cone. :eek:

Thats good news buddy, I might get my box oil changed just to see as ive had the 2nd gear crunch a few times

Back