• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2nd Gear Crunch Question..

I'm sure this has been answered but I can't seem to find anything current on the web so here goes:

I seem to have developed the 2nd gear crunch issue, was made slightly better by bleeding the clutch but it's still there.
I'm gonna try changing the gear box oil and see if this helps.
However I have read about the issue with the gearboxes on the ep3's (mines a late 53reg) and wondered if Honda would still take a look. I'm not sure from what I have been reading if it was a warranty or recall jobbie.

Just if anyone could clear this up and or had anything I could try to sort it out short of replacing the box.

Apologies if there is a sticky or an extensive thread I've missed on this.

Thanks

Abbott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No chance on warranty I'm afraid.

It's either your clutch on the way out or the 2nd gear synchro has gone. Highly unlikely you'll need a new box.

It's got a new clutch in it. How easy is it to change a synchro?
A gearbox is about the only thing I haven't taken taken apart on a car.

I think mines crunched ever since I have had it (5 years) a lot less so after the clutch was done. It does only crunch when cold though...

Hopefully then an oil change and the clutch bleed will help it out. :)
Mine crunches when hot or cold. It seem to have a mind of it's own.

Back