• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

3 inch for supercharged ep3

Hi there,

As above I'm currently looking for a 3 inch exhaust for my ep3 as the current one has given up the baffles in the silencer. Can only find a 3 inch oval type... anyone used these or find them restrictive at all? Or possibly better going down the custom route rather than an off the shelf type?

Cheers.

Plenty of people have made jigs to do ‘custom’ 3 inch exhausts which will be far better than anything off the shelf.
Try Solid Fabrications or SpeedFab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far better how? It’s not as if custom exhausts haven’t been without their issues.

Better fitment and better quality generally for a fair price. I know that SpeedFab use an actual EP3 as a jig. I have a Solid Fabrications set up and the fitment is bang on.
Some off the shelf products are good but they come at a mental price. Even the ‘cheaper’ alternatives aren’t even that cheap and suck.
Take Tegiwa’s exhaust. Not cheap, been revised 20 times, still crack and there’s better welds on my Easter egg.
My point is you can get an exhaust made custom cheaper than some JDM y0 £2k exhaust that takes 10 weeks to ship in, made by a child on £5 a week and the quality will be just as good, if not better.

One lad had a Solid Fabs exhaust and it was about 2 inches short behind the bumper. The likes of Toda, Fujitsubo etc generally fit much better so I don’t buy that comment at all.

Yes. As I said, some of the shelf products (eg Toda) fit well. But come at a silly price.
Parts from a factory can also be manufactured incorrectly. The jig they’re made on will gradually wear increasing the risk of the system not being made to the correct shape.
2 inches short from the rear bumper sounds like an EP3 system fitted to a DC5... maybe not. I’m sure a phone call and a few days it would have been solved.

I don’t think I I’ve ever heard of a top JDM brand such as Toda, Fujitsubo, Mugen etc having fitting issues.

They also don’t cost £2k lol. Fujitsubo can be had for sub £800.

I’m not saying the likes of Solid Fabs are bad, they’re great for power if you’re wanting every last drop. However they drone, don’t sound too great, are heavy and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one fit as well as a proper JDM brand.

There’s far more to an exhaust than just making it 3” and ensuring it fits.

DC5 review with fitting issues and an explanation why he didn’t go back to Solid Fabs to have it repaired.

Solid Fabrications 3" Track Exhaust DC5
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...abrications-3"-Track-Exhaust-DC5&share_type=t

I had a custom exhaust on my Evo after a load of rave reviews online and while it was okay, the noise was horrendous and it weighed a tonne.

I’d rather have a few BHP less, something lighter that’s been flow tested properly and fits first time. Sure, it may make 5% less power up top, not something you’ll ever notice, unlike drone or lack character to the noise itself which you’d have with 3” custom.

The comments in this thread have made me laugh.

My Fuji RM-01A is the best fitting exhaust I've had. The quality was also above and beyond. I highly doubt it was made by someone on £5 an hour. But hey it's JDM Y0

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The comments in this thread have made me laugh.

My Fuji RM-01A is the best fitting exhaust I've had. The quality was also above and beyond. I highly doubt it was made by someone on £5 an hour. But hey it's JDM Y0

Mugen Twinloop cat back on my road EP3, sweet fit, no drone. Had it since 2015 now and won't change it if I don't have to. Also sub £800.

Skunk 2 mega power R on my ep3, I’ve had on for three years now, Fitting is perfect, sounds great and even though it’s loud there’s hardly any drone at all.

Not sure where we’re going here...
States custom systems GENERALLY fit better for a FAIR price.
States some off the shelf products are GOOD, but come at a PREMIUM COST.

Replies from others saying how good their premium cost exhausts are....
One example of a custom exhaust fitment issue.
Alternatively buy a Tegiwa system for near the same cost of custom and renew it yearly after it cracks. Plenty of documentation on that issue...

/Unfollow thread.

I had a custom 3" system made for my EP3 whilst it was supercharged. B-Pipe and backbox from a place called Pipeworx in Hoscar. £450 IIRC. It made 12bhp at the top end over a standard system, and about 25-30bhp midrange.

It was stupidly loud.

Not sure where we’re going here...
States custom systems GENERALLY fit better for a FAIR price.
States some off the shelf products are GOOD, but come at a PREMIUM COST.

Replies from others saying how good their premium cost exhausts are....
One example of a custom exhaust fitment issue.
Alternatively buy a Tegiwa system for near the same cost of custom and renew it yearly after it cracks. Plenty of documentation on that issue...

/Unfollow thread.

Makes sweeping statement about 'premium cost' but doesn't say how much these 'superior' custom exhausts cost.

Gone are the days of £2-300 custom made cat-back systems.

How is £750 a premium cost for an exhaust? Explain please.

Also defends the fitment of custom made ones. Totally clueless.

You said:

Plenty of people have made jigs to do ‘custom’ 3 inch exhausts which will be far better than anything off the shelf.

I called you out on it and you have continued to post rubbish since.

Back