• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

36k service due - should I bother if I'm selling up

I've just gone over 36k miles so the service is now due. I really could do without spending anymore money on the CTR as I don't think I'll have it much longer.

Would you do the service to help with the sale, or should I just leave it??

36K is a small service if i recall correctly, cost is about 100-120 i believe.

the small cost of the service £100 would help you sell the car easier without a doubt. the monetary value of the service being £100 coupled with the fact that you look like a consicenous owner will make your car both easier to sell (as you can write this in the ad) and also leave less to haggle of off. i would say thehundred would recoup its self very quickly.

if, of course, you are P/Xing it back to a garage then dont bother, i am talking about private sale here.

Cheers Rossy :wink:

It was always going to be P/X for another car, but I might be able to get on my Dads company's leasing scheme, which would mean selling it private.

Hmmm, might just get it done anyway.

My 37.5K service was £180. Its the same as the first but with a brake fluid change too. :wink:

Back