• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

4 Point

hi guys,is it possible to use a 4 point harness with the back seats in?Would it make it difficult to use the seat?

It is possible, but I doubt anyone over 4" would be able to get in. The shoulder straps fit into where the rear seat belts bolt to the chassis.

More to the point, it very dangerous to use a harness with out a roll cage. if you roll ya car with a seat belt on, your body will slide down whilst bein held back with a seat belt as the roof caves in, but if your in a harness and the roof caves in, your held firmly in your seat, you can wave good buy to your neck and spinal cord. Obviously a roll cage would prevent the roof caving in.

There was a law, not sure if it still is, that even if you have a harness fitted and dont remove the seat belt from the car then you can get a fine for not wearing your seat belt, even if you wear the harness.

Also harnesses are actually a real pain in the ar5e at juntions etc.

Ive had harnesses in without seat belts for my last 2 MOT's and passed both times. Ive also been pulled by the police and they have had a good look around my car, inside and out and they havent said anything about them.

Ive never heard about a law about running harnesses with seat belts. When was this?

Less important than the radio IMO.

tumblr_ma85amgv8c1r3rw7qo1_400.jpg

its fitting the harness but still having the seatbelt fitted on the B piller thats the problem. As the law states if a seat belt is fitted you MUST wear it.
I know a few anglias with harness and the old belt still in place, that have got fines from coppers for not wearing there seatbelts, even *** they had the harness on.

I had 4 points in my CRX and got stopped more than once because it looks like you dont have a belt on when they drive past. Never had any problem with junctions etc but the CRX is a bit easier to see out of, at least to me anyway.
I cant see the benifit of harnasses with an interior in place though, you would only need them for trackdays etc but then you should have the interior out anyway...?

I couldn't even reach the f*cking radio when I ran harnesses.
:eek::eek:
I do like the look of aftermarket seats but dont like the standard seatbelt with them..maybe i will just keep the standard stuff in there and spend the money on some other bits.

Back