• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

50,000 service?

i have just phoned up for my ep3 50,000 service from my local honda stealer.

the first quote i got was for the honda service at £245 which didnt include getting the valve clearances getting done as they say its not supposed to get them done at this interval?

or i got a quote for £180 for the standard arnold clark service.

both service packages seem to be the same and pretty steep for just changing the oil and filters.

the only difference seems to be that if i get the honda service i get the book stamped with a honda stamp or with the arnold one i get an arnold clark stamp.

they also said i cannot supply my own oil, oil filter, pollen filter or air filter which seems odd to me.
i already have my silkolene pro s 5w 40 oil, hamp filter, k&n panel filter and pollen filters which i got to save cash.

i have been servicing it myself for the last 20,000miles but i thought the 50,000 service was a big one so wanted them to do it but they seem to think it isnt that big afterall.

a bit confussed now as to what to do. should i just service it myself and forget the stamp and get them to do the valve clearances or pay them to put in the honda oil and filters and get the book stamped up?

at 50k it IS due for valve clearences according to the service sheet, i think there telling you porkies!!!! ( valve clearernces done every 2nd service )

at 50k it IS due for valve clearences according to the service sheet, i think there telling you porkies!!!! ( valve clearernces done every 2nd service )

yeh thats what i thought mate, as they are a honda garage i thought they would know that aswell. i told the bird on the phone 3 times that they are required to do them at 50k service and each time i got the smirky reply that her supervisor says its not to get done.

they are probably just trying to get more money out of me by adding the clearances on top of the service price

As stated above the valve clearances get done at every major service which is every 25k miles, so 25k, 59k, 75k and so on,

I would be going to another dealer if I was you. If they don't know something this basic then I deffo would not trust them with my car.

Head on over to another dealer who knows what the flip there talking about.

Back