• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

500bhp!!!

spoon

Gimme a Bunny Boiler
The latest issue of one of the Japanese performance car tuning mags has a CTR on the cover modded to hell with a turbo kit bolted on pushing out 500bhp. Furthermore its builders are currently preparing to build a second one which they believe can push 1000bhp! :shock:

The 500bhp one runs the standing 1/4 mile in 12.3 and develops around 440bhp and then increases to 500 when the nitrous kicks in. Bloody awesome!

Prepare for a rebuild after every quarter mile :wink:

Also try putting down that power, won't be too easy through the front :wink:

theres a performance place in newcastle called XO and there currently modifying a type r that will be running about 750bhp at the wheels and roughly 1000bhp at the fly wheel im not sure what they are doin to it but it sounds fun.

Type R Ad said:
theres a performance place in newcastle called XO and there currently modifying a type r that will be running about 750bhp at the wheels and roughly 1000bhp at the fly wheel im not sure what they are doin to it but it sounds fun.

Except it doesn't work like that apparently (this is based on an article I read in Professional Engineering Magazine).

Drivetrain losses are not a percentage really, if you have a 100bhp car that looses 30bhp through the drivetrain putting a 200bhp engine in wouldn't see the losses increase as well, it'll still be 30bhp lost, so the car should make 170bhp rather than 70bhp. So, for a CTR add on about 37>40bhp to the atw figure to get the flywheel figure.

Dominik is allready past 680 bhp, and has been for over 8 months. On standerd gearbox...oh mind you he still only manages 12.2's using same fron tyres as CPL uses i believe, Micky Tompsons or some such. Only gets traction in 3rd gear :) :).

Looking at what the Americans are doing, it can be seen how far ahead of us they are when it comes to dragging especialy. Running half the power and getting low 11's even in street class :shock:

I guess it is all in the chassis set up and light weight. :?

You have to wonder when enough is enough through the front wheels, I suppose it brings attention to your company. :shock:

Friendy said:
You have to wonder when enough is enough through the front wheels, I suppose it brings attention to your company. :shock:

That is my thinking. And why I am happy with the 280 I have atm. Mutch prefer concentraiting on the chassis, braking and so on...Then you have a car that goes, handles and stops, and I bet will get you from a-b just as quick as any 400 bhp fwd car. Of course if it is to run in a straight line up the strip, well that I guess is different.

Does also go to show that even in Doms case pushing that much out the front wheel he is still spinning most of the power away.

For the "Megagains" you really need to look at the other side of the pond. :shock:

Here in the UK we really should accept the gains available from our tuners which still allow us to budget for food. :wink:

You cant compare USA 1/4 with UK 1/4 because the americans re-glue their tracks monthly, and crapy santa pod only do it 5 odd a year!

G said:
Friendy said:

That is my thinking. And why I am happy with the 280 I have atm. Mutch prefer concentraiting on the chassis, braking and so on...Then you have a car that goes, handles and stops, and I bet will get you from a-b just as quick as any 400 bhp fwd car. Of course if it is to run in a straight line up the strip, well that I guess is different.

Does also go to show that even in Doms case pushing that much out the front wheel he is still spinning most of the power away.

This always made more sence.

As G said if I had put the money I had spent making go round corners and stopping into the engine, then I guess I would have at least a 2200cc camed and supercharged civic, but I like to go around the bend as well as down the straight, eachto their own I suppose.

To be honest.... I think Guy is looking to become the fastest front wheel drive car in the uk on the 1/4 mile strip and not the fastest front wheel drive car around a track.

His car is slowly becoming more and more focused for the strip... if any of you have been in it recently then your know what im talking about (my teeth are chipped thats how firm the ride is :) ).....

Though That doesn't meen is couldn't go round a track it would just need a few adjustments before he attampted the track.

As for the NOS.....I dont actually think he has even really used any of it on the strip yet maybe just a bit for cooling.

Just can't wait for the boost to be turned up on mine now :)

I smell bullsh*t :roll:

Anyone who thinks that a front wheel drive car can perform properly when running at over 300bhp needs there head testing!!

Surely to christ its no fun,must just spin up to fook!! Mine is 201bhp@wheels and it spins in the dry, with Toyo T1R's, ok an lsd and the rest of the bits for the gearbox will surely help it but then its more mods for me!!

Maybe im wrong, but i just cant see it!!

vin Petrol said:

If you see it at Santa Pod or at a meet you will change your mind pronto. :twisted:

I have seen this CTR a few times but have never asked to get in - I might do so next time. :twisted:

Scousefella said:
vin Petrol said:

If you see it at Santa Pod or at a meet you will change your mind pronto. :twisted:

You didnt see it kangarooing down the track at Japshow obviously.
Absolutley no grip until 3rd gear about 1/2 way down the track.....then by christ it was off! :shock: :twisted:

Going to be blinding when the traction is sorted out but as a roadcar running that sort of boost you will end up in a coffin. :!:

tp said:
Scousefella said:
vin Petrol said:

You didnt see it kangarooing down the track at Japshow obviously.
Absolutley no grip until 3rd gear about 1/2 way down the track.....then by christ it was off! :shock: :twisted:

Going to be blinding when the traction is sorted out but as a roadcar running that sort of boost you will end up in a coffin. :!:

No fella, I never seen that but understand the traction vs power situation would be a challenge!! :shock:

It has to be said though, the car is fully driveable in everyday situations as we found out in Novembers essex/Kent meet. We crawled through a jammed up Canterbury and then "Enjoyed" :wink: some tasty B Roads and all was well. :D

Your both right.

Low speeds and pulling away you would have to be very very carefull and you cant use the power until you are in higher gears....Then what use is that on normal UK roads. Ok you can do 160mph easy, so what if your 50-120 is in 5 seconds. Its just not practical and usable every day.

I would think that a tuned NA car would run very very close times to a super boosted car from a standstill to say 60 purely bcause you can put the power down....After that the power starts to show and the boosted car pulls ahead.

The boost pressure in guy's car is varies depending on which gear its in to help with traction.

- Kevin.

Back