• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

50k/48 months service

Right my car has only done about 24K miles, should I let Honda do the 50k/48 months service @ £381.57 inc vat or their level 4 service @ £349.95 inc vat.

Or should I push for a 25K service?

What’s the difference between the 25k/24m and 50k/48m service anyway?

Registered in March 2005, sat around on a forecourt until I bought in November 2005.

I would go for the 48 month servce then, assuming the car never missed it's 24 month one.

Details of the different services are in your service book.

Mines just coming up to 48month service, have been quoted £315 all inc from Honda.

Sorry to hi-jack but whats included in this service? Am i better off getting the parts/oil etc myself and getting them to fit?

Mines just coming up to 48month service, have been quoted £315 all inc from Honda.

Sorry to hi-jack but whats included in this service? Am i better off getting the parts/oil etc myself and getting them to fit?
My garage is far from helpful in giving me a clear price whenever I book it in for a service. The only reason I use it still is its 1/2 a mile from where I work and I don't need to take any time off.

They originally quoted me the following 50k/48 months service for £381.57 inc vat or the equivalent level 4 service at £349.95 inc vat.

So I queried the pricing and got the following break down:

The 50k service -
Sump plug washer - 31p
Air filter £23.39
Head cover -£13.24
Oil filter - £8.51
Environmental charge - £4.75
Screen wash -
Injector cleaner - £16.40
Super lube -

Parts - £66.60 + vat
Labour - £180.00 + vat
Oil - £68.39 + vat
Total - £362.24 inc vat.

The Level 4 service is for all makes & models.
Oil filter & Oil
Air filter
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Brake fluid change

They didn't give parts prices as this is a fixed price service part & labour
included.

To be honest I’m still expecting to receive a third price on the day completely different to the two above.

I had two HONDA garages price me up the standard 48month/50k service. They are in opposite directions.

Garage1 - £315 all inc
Garage2 - £259 all inc

For exactly the same work.:rolleyes:

I'm going to supply my own oil & filters to try and save a few quid more.;)

Back